Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

It'll be interesting to see what our strategy is.   Will we look longer term and spend money on young prospects who may then generate a profit or will we look to established players on frees again who are likely to command higher wages and have little sell on but will mean less initial outlay while we wait for our academy to start producing.  

1 minute ago, trappatoni said:

It'll be interesting to see what our strategy is.   Will we look longer term and spend money on young prospects who may then generate a profit or will we look to established players on frees again who are likely to command higher wages and have little sell on but will mean less initial outlay while we wait for our academy to start producing.  

I’ve been pondering the same and think we’ll see something in between. I think in general we’ll see more players in that 22-28 year old age bracket but will probably retain some of the older heads in the current squad with one or two new signings with experience. I think ultimately as we’ve seen this season it’s the blend in the squad and how they complement each other that’s key more so than just a focus on age.

14 minutes ago, sage said:

Mathew Ryan ex Brighton keeper available on a free. Possibly the best in our price range. 

Is he? He’d be an interesting signing, not sure what his career has been like the last couple of years but he has prem and international pedigree right? 

36 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Is he? He’d be an interesting signing, not sure what his career has been like the last couple of years but he has prem and international pedigree right? 

He went to Arsenal to be back up then onto Real sociedad to be back up also. Copenhagen then signed him and was good so AZ Alkmaar signed him in January 2023 where he’s been good with 61 games getting 12 clean sheets in 26 games this season. 

31 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

I know we can't afford his wages (unless he's pocketed enough during 7 PL seasons) but Will Hughes contract runs out this summer.

Would you welcome him back?

Absolutely, but I doubt he'll be leaving the PL as yet.

6 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Absolutely, but I doubt he'll be leaving the PL as yet.

I understand that Palace intend to trigger a clause in his contract to keep him at the club for the 2024-5 season.

48 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

I know we can't afford his wages (unless he's pocketed enough during 7 PL seasons) but Will Hughes contract runs out this summer.

Would you welcome him back?

He's about as much a Paul Warne type of player as he is Gary Rowett one.

Just seen this that Tuanazebe is out of contract but thought Ipswich had signed him ?

he’s very good imo and if we lost Cash I’d be in for him hes not far off of prem league quality though and be surprised if tractor boys don’t keep him for prem 

3 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Also new deals on the table for 

Collins 

Smith 

Forsyth 

Sibley 

Wildsmith ( improved)

Thompson 

Who does that leave out of contract?

Gayle, waghorn, John-Jules, hourihane. 

anyone else?

6 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

The  five names I’ve heard there’s interest in from us are:

Brannagan 

Jackson

Wiles 

burrows 

Langstaff 

Burrows, brannagan and langstaff all look good players 

who are Jackson and wiles?

13 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Also new deals on the table for 

Collins 

Smith 

Forsyth 

Sibley 

Wildsmith ( improved)

Thompson 

I would agree with these all getting new deals. Say goodbye to Waggy and Hourihane. Gayle and JJ unfortunately have their fitness/injury concerns.

11 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Who does that leave out of contract?

Gayle, waghorn, John-Jules, hourihane. 

anyone else?

Loach, Barkhuizen, D.Robinson (no chance we'll be releasing him)