Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

Highly recommend this review of the season, and more interestingly the 2nd half, a look at budgets, recruitment policies, who we should keep on, where we need to strengthen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hv0gmg?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

I second that. Listened to it this morning and thought there was some good, honest discussion on the season and also what we might need and face as challenges moving forward. Some balance in their chat about what went well and what could/will need to be better. 

10 hours ago, JfR said:

Was wondering what players Birmingham have that might be worth poaching if they go down. Not too many, but I wouldn't mind us trying to get Koji Miyoshi off of them if they do. 27-year old attacking mid/winger with 7 goals, 6 assists in a pretty naff side, and he only has one year left on his contract. Had a glance at their forum, and he's one of only a few players that they seem generally positive about this year.

A lot of fans on here described Beilik as the “£10 million Beast that guarantees promotion “.  He thought he was too good for L1 . Wouldn’t want him back for free at £35k a week .

42 minutes ago, Topram said:

Would be looking at Sorba Thomas from Hudds

4 goals 9 assist only 25 still, can play 

Good player, but I assume he's almost the exact opposite of what Warne looks for in a player. He's got absolutely no love among Huddersfield fans due to his appalling work rate, attitude issues, etc. 

Rudoni is the player I'd love to see us get from Huddersfield - an extremely talented player at a very good age. I would assume that he would almost certainly be out of our price range, though, but can see him moving on for £2-3m following their relegation. 

Edmundson, Jack Taylor and Colby Bishop from Ipswich ( none of those will play in prem ) 

Godden from Coventry

Brannigan from Oxford

Azeez from Reading 

Adams from Cardiff

Gayle on a free

1 minute ago, S8TY said:

Edmundson, Jack Taylor and Colby Bishop from Ipswich ( none of those will play in prem ) 

Godden from Coventry

Brannigan from Oxford

Azeez from Reading 

Adams from Cardiff

Gayle on a free

As on the other thread just checked. Bishop is a Pompey player and their leading scorer. Was released from our academy and also a Red dog. Doubt Pompey would sell him to us and not sure he would sign for us after some of the public statements he has made about how he loves to score against us. 
stranger things have happened though I suppose. 

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

As on the other thread just checked. Bishop is a Pompey player and their leading scorer. Was released from our academy and also a Red dog. Doubt Pompey would sell him to us and not sure he would sign for us after some of the public statements he has made about how he loves to score against us. 
stranger things have happened though I suppose. 

apologies i meant Connor Chaplin from ipswich not Bishop

With Ipswich all but up I wonder if he goes in for Ladapo again? Wrong side of 30 isn’t he now but wouldn’t surprise me. 

I think we need to assume not every player we sign will be 22-28, as long as most are and we bring the average age of our squad down by about 2 years we’ll be fine. 

38 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

With Ipswich all but up I wonder if he goes in for Ladapo again? Wrong side of 30 isn’t he now but wouldn’t surprise me. 

I think we need to assume not every player we sign will be 22-28, as long as most are and we bring the average age of our squad down by about 2 years we’ll be fine. 

I haven’t been that impressed with Ladapo when I’ve seen him play. Possible impact sub if he’s cheap but not the dynamic signing I’d hope for.

But I’ve been wrong before 😊

9 hours ago, S8TY said:

Godden from Coventry

Brannigan from Oxford

Azeez from Reading 

Adams from Cardiff

Gayle on a free

Surely they’ll be a lot after Azeez

12 hours ago, S8TY said:

Godden from Coventry

Brannigan from Oxford

Azeez from Reading 

Adams from Cardiff

Gayle on a free

Jack Taylor a good prospect! 

Azeez as well

Posted (edited)

I'd be very surprised if we don't take another look at Harry Leonard from Blackburn. 20 years old and only a year left on his contract.

He was the striker who was all set to come in on loan in January, before Eustace took over and pulled the plug.

Edited by Scott129

2 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I'd be very surprised if we don't take another look at Harry Leonard from Blackburn. 20 years old and only a year left on his contract.

He was the striker who was all set to come in on loan in January, before Eustace came in and pulled the plug.

Would be an astute signing if we could get him at the right price (I doubt Blackburn would let him come out on loan to a potential rival)... not really took anybody by storm in senior teams as yet but I reckon he could easily be a top-end Champ/mid to low-end PL player in the future from what I saw at U21 level.

3 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Would be an astute signing if we could get him at the right price (I doubt Blackburn would let him come out on loan to a potential rival)... not really took anybody by storm in senior teams as yet but I reckon he could easily be a top-end Champ/mid to low-end PL player in the future from what I saw at U21 level.

I agree.

He's clearly not fancied there either - he's not featured in any of their squads since January and I don't believe he's injured.