Exeter City v Derby - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

17 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I hadn't realized marinakis had a place down there.......🤔

I don’t know why they chose this name, but it’s a really highly rated place, one of the most popular in Exeter.

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

I always laugh when in the Turk's Head, it's card payments only and they do a beer called "Cash is King". For those wanting a pint of that beer, you have to go to this pub because it's a brewpub right in the middle of the city centre.

Must have come up a notch from when I frequented it as a young Marine recruit in the 90's. Very much a house of ill-repute.......and many an ironing board propped against the wall. If you know.......

5 hours ago, bimmerman said:

Who's have thought, after Wembley domination a few years ago and just missing out, we're talking about parking the bus at exeter away! Strange old game eh?! 

Its an absolute joke.

Playing the underdog mentality card..when we are the biggest club in div 1 by a mile!

Can't stand the football, can't stand the manager...its only my love of Derby County that keeps me going

7 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

On the train from Plymouth to Exeter for work.

The weather is pretty wet. Apparently there is a weather warning in place for the whole of the South West, so safe journey to everyone travelling.

Hopefully it won’t affect the game being on.

Enjoy the game Jourdan. I hope to read on here later that we played the Grecians off the park with some liquid football.  Up the Rams!

8 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I don’t know why they chose this name, but it’s a really highly rated place, one of the most popular in Exeter.

Their sister shop is in Nottingham 

They have an 'Ugly Bakery Shop'

On 12/02/2024 at 08:15, Anag Ram said:

I get the impression that CBT isn’t the player Warne thought he was signing. The player said how keen he was to be joining Derby but he didn’t look keen when he played and there was some suggestion from Warne that he hadn’t trained well.

Similarly I haven’t heard Warne say how excited he is to get CBT in the team.

His half time ‘warm-up’ couldn’t have been less lacklustre. I think he thought he would swan into the starting lineup and that Warne is showing him you have to work for it.

Hope he isn’t going to be the new Tony Springett . I put his debut down to nerves . Wingers always seem to be “hit and miss”. 

11 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Enjoy the game Jourdan. I hope to read on here later that we played the Grecians off the park with some liquid football.  Up the Rams!

Thanks, @i-RamTonight could be the night.

Enjoy your evening. M&S do a cracking houmous with caramelised onion. Their chilli and manchego cheese crisps are lovely too.

Perfect for a night behind the sofa.

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Reckon it’s a tough game tonight and the forum an even tougher read if we get anything less than 3 points ,

coyr 

As tough as it gets for a midweek game given there recent form,before Saturday i would of taken a point tonight but after another indifferent performance at the weekend a draw is probably not good enough tonight

5 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

Nelson,cashin(if fit),and nine others from warneworld.mid Feb and we still don't have a clue as to what our starting eleven will be

We’ve had injuries in recent weeks. I appreciate people feel Warne is messing with the team for the sake of it, but hasn’t it in part been due to circumstance? How he’s navigated that circumstance is another matter, but not having the likes of Nyambe, Forsyth, Elder, Cashin, Smith, Washington, Waghorn, CBT and others available at times has played as much a part as his decision to change the goalkeeper for example. I was told it’s not correct to ignore caveats on another thread over the last couple of days so feel this should be highlighted.

56 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

We’ve had injuries in recent weeks. I appreciate people feel Warne is messing with the team for the sake of it, but hasn’t it in part been due to circumstance? How he’s navigated that circumstance is another matter, but not having the likes of Nyambe, Forsyth, Elder, Cashin, Smith, Washington, Waghorn, CBT and others available at times has played as much a part as his decision to change the goalkeeper for example. I was told it’s not correct to ignore caveats on another thread over the last couple of days so feel this should be highlighted.

I agree Warne has been dealt a bad hand with some of the injuries,but even  with a full squad could you genuinely state Warnes preferred eleven 

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Reckon it’s a tough game tonight and the forum an even tougher read if we get anything less than 3 points ,

coyr 

It will be a tough game Archie. I think sensible posters understand that Exeter are likely to give us a good game at their patch. I think I would begrudgingly settle for a point, but coming after Saturday's poor return a point isn't really enough. We need another Charlton performance. Hopefully Warne will get his team shape right, so that we have a strong first half this time out.

4 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

I agree Warne has been dealt a bad hand with some of the injuries,but even  with a full squad could you genuinely state Warnes preferred eleven 

I think, with everyone fit, Warne would probably go with;

Vickers or Wildsmith

Nyambe  Nelson  Cashin  Forsyth

Adams   Hourihane

Bird    

NML            Washington         CBT

Not what I’d choose if I was wearing the magic bobble hat, and you could argue he’d go for some variation of a back 3, but with the options we have until the end of the season and from what we’ve seen in the majority of games so far this year I think it’d be something like that. Not sure on the goalkeeper as there’s different theories as to why Vickers had the shirt recently.