Exeter City v Derby - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

15 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

It will be a tough game Archie. I think sensible posters understand that Exeter are likely to give us a good game at their patch. I think I would begrudgingly settle for a point, but coming after Saturday's poor return a point isn't really enough. We need another Charlton performance. Hopefully Warne will get his team shape right, so that we have a strong first half this time out.

Hope so , at this stage we really need to win every game , at least that’s my mindset in the lead up to every game 😂, though I do think every game in this league has the potential to be a bloody tough one for differing reasons game to game , not least the pressure is on us , personally I set myself the rule of not posting on the match thread until the next morning after, I never miss a game whether there in person or watch on rtv and like most fans I get caught up in the emotion results and performance s bring , I’m right in the middle of being torn between going all out gung ho like we have done earlier and being more solid as we seem to be trying to do the last few games , either one’s ok in hindsight if we get the result but bloody daft if we don’t 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

Edited by Archied

Potentially without our best players tonight so it will be a toughie especially with the teams Exeter have turned over of late 

Nymabe, Cashin, Adams, CBT potentially not in the starting XI. hopefully Warne gets the shape right tonight and we get some of those players back for Saturday against Stevenage 🐏 

So jealous of everyone who's gone down there for a few days. Hope you're all having a good time. Absolutely fantastic cider down there, especially the stuff you buy in petrol stations in plastic bottles.

I'll be watching on Rams TV while I'm meant to be working. Got a good feeling about this one. A win and 4 points from the last two would be good going.

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Another myth that doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Screenshot_20240213-115335-01.thumb.jpeg.98de1dc416175b3f057572a7afc8ea51.jpeg

Thought I'd look into that seeing as Whoscored don't seem to put any figures on what it really means.

We've put out 24 unique starting XIs across 31 League games. 19 of these are one-offs.

We've had 2 of those unique XI's repeated 3x each (games 1,2 & 3 / 22, 23 & 24)

image.png.1294340063acd0c2b95cd9f132898d5f.png  & image.png.d2ab457564f8bd8dd1b47b1379357f15.png

..and 3 unique XI's represented 2x each (games 4 & 5 / 9 & 11 / 19 & 20)

image.png.6d8c83f09ef39a6b852f4b48bd47c707.png & image.png.9f65d007a73f43a4fd144d9c756fde91.png & image.png.0ac4d2ad2c445c572ed78d8093770fb5.png

Each of our last 7 Starting XI's has been unique, and presumably that will be 8 in a row later tonight, although it's yet to be seen if tonight's lineup is a repeat of one from earlier in the season or something new again.

Between games 6 and 18 (13 games) we used 11 diferent XI's which have yet to be repeated.

I'd hardly describe this as having a consistent starting XI, however we look at it.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I think, with everyone fit, Warne would probably go with;

Vickers or Wildsmith

Nyambe  Nelson  Cashin  Forsyth

Adams   Hourihane

Bird    

NML            Washington         CBT

Not what I’d choose if I was wearing the magic bobble hat, and you could argue he’d go for some variation of a back 3, but with the options we have until the end of the season and from what we’ve seen in the majority of games so far this year I think it’d be something like that. Not sure on the goalkeeper as there’s different theories as to why Vickers had the shirt recently. 

Exactly,no-one can predict what is going to come out of the bobble hat,not even warne

If Cash, Adams and Nyambe are fit to start tonight I’d start them in a back 4 

Wildsmith

Nyambe Nelson Cashin Elder 

Bird Adams Hourihane 

NML Collo CBT 

They play 1 striker with 2 10s/wingers kinda of similar to how we ended last season. So I wouldn’t want to waste a man in a back three, even though I think Bradley has played well recently let him have a rest and play Saturday against a very physical Stevenage front 2. 

Also want to see CBT be given a chance from the start again with Bird and Hourihane let free behind him with Adams playing. 

CBT has only started one game against Cheltenham where our midfield 2 was struggling and he couldn’t express himself on the ball as much. 

Exeter fans have said their 2 wing backs aren’t very good defensively so let’s get NML and CBT going at them with 2 competent full backs behind them and take the game to Exeter. 

31 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Between games 6 and 18 (13 games) we used 11 diferent XI's which have yet to be repeated.

I'd hardly describe this as having a consistent starting XI, however we look at it.

We've had 8 players start at least 75% of our league games - Wildsmith, Nelson, Cashin, Forsyth, Bird, Hourihane, Collins, NML.  I reckon that's a much better indicator than the number of unique XIs we've put out.  

10 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

We've had 8 players start at least 75% of our league games - Wildsmith, Nelson, Cashin, Forsyth, Bird, Hourihane, Collins, NML.  I reckon that's a much better indicator than the number of unique XIs we've put out.  

Aye that makes sense.

Now I'm not sure if was an interesting thing to look into or not 😅

39 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Thought I'd look into that seeing as Whoscored don't seem to put any figures on what it really means.

We've put out 24 unique starting XIs across 31 League games. 19 of these are one-offs.

image.png.1294340063acd0c2b95cd9f132898d5f.png  & image.png.d2ab457564f8bd8dd1b47b1379357f15.png

image.png.6d8c83f09ef39a6b852f4b48bd47c707.png & image.png.9f65d007a73f43a4fd144d9c756fde91.png & image.png.0ac4d2ad2c445c572ed78d8093770fb5.png

Each of our last 7 Starting XI's has been unique, and presumably that will be 8 in a row later tonight, although it's yet to be seen if tonight's lineup is a repeat of one from earlier in the season or something new again.

42 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Now do the same analysis taking into account injuries. 

Below is a table showing how many players each team had used up to matchday 31. You can see DCFC are in the lower quartile.

At the end of last year, Wildsmith, Nyambe, Nelson, Cashin, Fozzy, Bird, Hourihane, NML and Collins had played in pretty much every league game for which they'd been fit and available. That's what they mean by a consistent starting XI. 

If you really expected Warne to pick the same starting XI every game in this league I think you're being wildly unrealistic.

Screenshot_20240213-151327-01.thumb.jpeg.02cc75b0924340d5c92e01c1c42776f7.jpeg

33 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

Exactly,no-one can predict what is going to come out of the bobble hat,not even warne

Not even the opposing manager? Maybe that’s why we are second in the table ,,,,, just a thought , different spin 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 hours ago, Jourdan said:

On the train from Plymouth to Exeter for work.

The weather is pretty wet. Apparently there is a weather warning in place for the whole of the South West, so safe journey to everyone travelling.

Hopefully it won’t affect the game being on.

Grotty weather on the way down but the sun is out now we are here. And it is so mild! ☀️🐏

Interesting how Exeter's recent wins they have not had the majority of the possession 39% vs Bristol Rovers and even 36% vs Wigan but their more recent loss also against Bristol Rovers they did have 59%. Just looking at that alone you will probably think they going to want to bed in and try and hit us on the counter. I suspect it will be a very similar affair to Lincoln. Let's just hope we take our chances.

Edited by eddielewis

19 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Now do the same analysis taking into account injuries. 

Below is a table showing how many players each team had used up to matchday 31. You can see DCFC are in the lower quartile.

At the end of last year, Wildsmith, Nyambe, Nelson, Cashin, Fozzy, Bird, Hourihane, NML and Collins had played in pretty much every league game for which they'd been fit and available. That's what they mean by a consistent starting XI. 

If you really expected Warne to pick the same starting XI every game in this league I think you're being wildly unrealistic.

Strike up another example of people being so quick to dispel any potential criticism of Warne that they jump in to defend him when there isn't even a criticism being made!

You're applying motives to my post that simply weren't there.

If anything I was going to say, that perhaps this shows why our performances still look so disjointed most of the time.

However, if you absolutely insist that we've had a consistent starting eleven it removes that as an excuse and makes our lack of cohesion worse.

15 hours ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

Must have come up a notch from when I frequented it as a young Marine recruit in the 90's. Very much a house of ill-repute.......and many an ironing board propped against the wall. If you know.......

Yes it had a major refurb a few years ago.