Exeter City v Derby - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

Did anyone else notice the intense briefing CH was giving the players when they were in the huddle after the first goal ? Looked like quite a lecture … wonder what was being said ??

The celebrations seemed to die down a bit so I wonder if it was perhaps along the lines of ‘well done, but we’ve not done the job yet, keep your concentration…etc’. Pure conjecture of course but was interesting to watch…

21 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

Did anyone else notice the intense briefing CH was giving the players when they were in the huddle after the first goal ? Looked like quite a lecture … wonder what was being said ??

The celebrations seemed to die down a bit so I wonder if it was perhaps along the lines of ‘well done, but we’ve not done the job yet, keep your concentration…etc’. Pure conjecture of course but was interesting to watch…

Didn’t see that but felt Hourihane had a bit of fire in him, tore strips off the defence when they got in down the right then got a shot away, went out from the wall to challenge their player when they moved the ball at a freekick, stood up to the ref a little more than usual. Maybe wanted to set the example and make sure there wasn’t a repeat of Saturday

49 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Didn’t see that but felt Hourihane had a bit of fire in him, tore strips off the defence when they got in down the right then got a shot away, went out from the wall to challenge their player when they moved the ball at a freekick, stood up to the ref a little more than usual. Maybe wanted to set the example and make sure there wasn’t a repeat of Saturday

Getting in shape for next Saturday and the arrival of Cloggernage Borough masterminded by the obese convicted criminal....

11 hours ago, ap04 said:

What that meant was that xG is redundant once you've watched the game, as in giving less info, I didn't doubt you watched it.

Call it what you will if 'chances' is wrong, what matters is how close they were to a goal. A disallowed goal or marginal offside or penalty denied is a big 'chance' despite no attempt as we very nearly scored. Their deflection onto the sidenetting is a big chance because of the distance of striker to goal and then of ball to post with the keeper beat, it hinged on tiny margins and was worse defending imo than on Saturday. A missed flick unmarked from 5 yards is much closer to a goal and better attacking/worse defending than a regulation save from outside the box.

If I got this right according to you Barkhuisen missing the ball -which I think he did- is not a chance even though we nearly scored, but if he scuffs it to the keeper it suddenly counts as he had an 'attempt on goal'. If a keeper makes a save it counts as a chance, but if it's a defender that saves the goal by blocking a point-blank or a through ball for a 1 v 1 or a cross for a tap-in it does not as there was no attempt. I take it you also think a silly og shouldn't count as to who deserved due to no attempt even though the defending was pathetic?

Barkhuizen mis-kicked the ball - he played it, it wasn't that it flashed across Infront of him and he missed it. We were all shouting 'goal!'

12 hours ago, bimmerman said:

Youll find I am, giving context to why Aimson was getting s*** from the stansfield stand.

For context alluding to your other attempted wind up post, no I'm not an exeter season ticket holder, but, and this is no secret, I'm bringing my kids up as exeter fans as it's where they were born, live and  their grandad has been a lifelong city fan, so do go to Exeter games with some frequency and am a trust member as for 2 quid a month it helps keep locals employed, of whom some I grew up with,all of which has been on this forum for somewhere around 3 or 4 years now, it's no secret. I was raised a Derby fan and still am,it connects me with a part of my life that is otherwise pretty dead, your other post has it the wrong way round.

Thanks for your extensive clarification. Only pulling your leg mate, I was a member of the 100 club for a few years mainly for the beer, also have a soft spot for City, my youngest son played football against Pym, Goss and Ollie Watkins. I’ve been Derby mad for decades though and it was a great atmosphere on Tuesday and bragging rights secured.