Ball Retrieval Team aka Ball Boys

rammieib

Sorry, I know I’ve brought this up before but I have a real issue here. Half way through this season they moved them onto the inside of the advertising boards - great - a sensible move employed by a number of clubs in the country.

Today all of a sudden they’re back on the wrong side. Most of them are scared petrified just to climb over to get a ball. How many times today was Wildsmith wasting time fetching a ball or a ball just gets knocked out of play and just keeps trundling down the side of the pitch.

Sorry but we, like any football club should be employment every tactic to get a 1% improvement. We want to win our home games - get the ball back into play as soon as possible, so get the ball to our players when it’s a Derby ball immediately!

Every now and then I am bewildered by decisions made by the club.

I blame the club here 100%, not any 8-10 year olds. 

We should 100% be asking 13-16 year olds to do this… why… because they’ll have a higher intelligence level and confidence nature about them. They’ll see what’s happening quickly and if we actually worked with them properly I would be sure it can lead to 1-2 extra goals a season.

I honestly don’t understand why all teams don’t take quick free kicks/throw ins. When the whistle goes, you momentarily switch off - it’s the best chance to unhinge an opposition defence. Granted - we’re not blessed with pace at the top of the pitch but regardless - whilst we wait five minutes to take a set piece, the opposition get organised.

See video below - perfectly example.

3 hours ago, Rambam said:

The pathetic ball boy performance matches the worst pitch I’ve ever seen at PP. I don’t count the pandemic one. 
Why are we so unprofessional? Don’t we want to go up? 

The pitch was a bit worse when they had the monster truck racing on it. But only a bit.

9 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

To be fair, they are pretty crap and it ain’t a difficult job.

It was the one against cheltenham made me laugh he had a ball in his hands (south stand) the ball went out he put that ball down to chase the ball that just went out 🤣

8 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Have we really sunk this low?

Yes ok, they weren't very good at their job yesterday but is it really worth commenting on?

I'm exceedingly impressed with how you gave your opinion on the subject matter, whilst not actually commenting on said subject.

That's clevershitt, bro!     👀