Dwight Gayle - Signed until the end of the season

Topram

1 hour ago, CapeTownRams said:

I think the key here is that we aren’t now paying Max Bird’s wages….. Bristol Titty are.

Mind u, maybe some or all of that ‘saving’ was utilized elsewhere (eg Adams)….

I wonder how Bird will feel if the ultimate happens and T'Rams get promoted? He'd then be in the same division but find himself having to move house to join a smaller club. 

I’m pretty sure warne said the paperwork had been completed on Thursday (maybe we might have wanted him on the bench on Saturday). 
it’s Monday mid afternoon. They can’t have too many applications to get through at EFL/HQ or The Riverside Stadium as some call it. 

if we could afford the chap from Blackburn then surely with Max’s sale we can sign a short term deal with Gayle. 
if the issue is we want 18 month deal then maybe we do an initial 6 month triggered by goals/appearances

15 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

It's ridiculous if the EFL are holding this up. 

It feels like there are special rules that apply to us that no one else has to abide by.

You didn't get the memo then?

7 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

It's ridiculous if the EFL are holding this up. 

They have no right to be hand holding us now. We have a new owner, we took our punishment in the form of a 21 point deduction, relegation and narrowly avoiding liquidation.

Were QPR restricted when they returned to the Championship after breaking FFP to get promoted (over us)? How about Everton, Forest or Man City by the Premier League?

It feels like there are special rules that apply to us that no one else has to abide by.

We gave them a business plan and then had it re-shifted before the September transfer window finished as it was apparent there was a fair difference in what the club wanted to spend on wages and what they would have to , we then fiddled with it again before the January window finished.  I can't stand the EFL but if we're looking to review it again, they'll probably say no and that will be down to the club as they proposed the original outline.   I suspect Gayle will need to trim his demands to match the maximum wage we could have utilised in January and take a 6 month contract which will be looked at in the summer. 

18 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We gave them a business plan and then had it re-shifted before the September transfer window finished as it was apparent there was a fair difference in what the club wanted to spend on wages and what they would have to , we then fiddled with it again before the January window finished.  I can't stand the EFL but if we're looking to review it again, they'll probably say no and that will be down to the club as they proposed the original outline.   I suspect Gayle will need to trim his demands to match the maximum wage we could have utilised in January and take a 6 month contract which will be looked at in the summer. 

Think you may be correct and to be honest i think he will get a better contract offer than we could at this moment in time,hope i am wrong but lets see

At the end of the day we have made a rod for our own back by not getting cover for Collins in the January window this could now come back to bite in the backside,even if either Washington or Waghorn get fit come the end of Feb it will be two or three games on top of that to get 90 min match fitness back

52 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Thing is though it is ridiculous as we have money in the budget but it just might be in the wrong pot. Two possible scenarios are that we want to reallocate some of money in the Transfer Fee pot to the Wages pot or we want to pay a chunk of the wages as a signing on bonus so it comes from the Transfer pot.  There should be some headroom become available due to insurers paying majority of John-Jules wages and potentially some of Collins's now too.

2 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I think the EFL will consider this carefully and think about whether a similar size club, such as Morecambe, could reasonably afford his wages and base their decision on that. 

They probably don't want to draw Smoggy's ire. No doubt if Boro fail to make the playoffs then he'd complain to the EFL that Gayle would have gone to a Championship club and scored a boat-load of goals against their championship rivals....

11 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I think the EFL will consider this carefully and think about whether a similar size club, such as Morecambe, could reasonably afford his wages and base their decision on that. 

It’s more likely they’ll refer it to a IDC and then completely ignore their decision.

2 minutes ago, TF Ram said:

Have they blocked the move?

Not yet. But quite why they need to delay the decision I don’t know. If DG’s wages are no more than Bird’s then it should be an automatic approval- barring that bias of course 🤷😳😎