Ebou Adams - Signed on 3 year deal

Brilliant to have him back.

Think he will be a key part of what we do this season,and will be a key signing to allow others around him to express themselves 😊👍🐏

Mr Warne has got what he wants.

Ebou has got what he wants.

We have what we want.

Right now this is the best squad that Warne has ever had going into a championship season.

Really hope he gets the chance over the next few seasons to build on this promotion and have a good go at get our mighty rams back to the top flight.

Five in including ex premier league player in his prime, jet propelled forward, former Dutch under 21 international, returning hero and a loan for a decent championship striker.

By the sounds of the chatter coming from within pride park that's not half of th business we want to do.

We have to be happy with the progress by mid July 

Goalkeeper to follow with more in the middle of the park and up front .

Plus maybe a couple for the back line and that's a healthy transfer window .

Not sure it will pan out like that but there does seem to be plenty of activity behind the scenes .

Stability and sure footed progress look to be the order of the day.

After the succession of owners managers and high priced players over the last 15 years or so .....personally be very happy to see us consolidate our position this season and have a go over the next two at getting promoted.

No more shooting for the moon and missing.

The nay sayers and know it alls will no doubt be clamouring for more than that but the expectation levels are different to the last time we were signing players for fees.

No individuals......but a team made up of reliable determined players .

Players like Trevor Hebbard, Paul Blades, Micky Forsyth.....good honest pros

Add a sprinkle of Paul Goddard and Dean Saunders types and you are onto a winner.

Christ those were excellent days.

Smashing Man City at the Baseball Ground.

Edited by AmberRamber

17 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Happy to have hime back at the club.

Possibly an understatement.

Just the player to make a Paul Warne team work and bring the best out of Kenzo and Osbourn.

I may be guilty of getting over excited but I really do think Warne is a good manager. I’ve lost count of the number of times he said he wanted his players to be front foot, take a risk .. in the end it’s that that gets us out of our seats. Then we have the preferred formation thing .. he seemed stubborn at first .. he wanted his wing back thing and for a while forced it with the wrong players, but he learned from his mistakes and became more pragmatic and flexible. Then there was the midfield conundrum, we all say that Bird Hourihan weren’t an ideal mix but maybe that was circumstances and injuries . All he had at the time. Ebou was a missing piece and he knew where to put it. If there was ever a manager who had a plan B and was comfortable using it then it was PW in the second half of last season. 

I reckon this season will be a big journey where we’ll find out if he has a magic touch. Up to now he has had seasoned pros that need to be fit a follow a game plan. The magic bit - if it’s there, is going to be seen in what tunes he can get out of the younger less established players .. something he hasn’t had much of a chance at. .. Kenzo ? Wilson ? Thommo ? CBT ? Brown ? Getting potential improvement out of those (and I think it’s possible ) will be his test. I wonder which way it’s going to go ?

Fantastic, you know that PW is going to be working on him to

come up with a few more long range goals from midfield, I reckon

he's going to get at least 5/6 this season. It'll  need a great performance

to take away the 'Fans Player of the Year' from him.

Also can't wait to see a fully fit Osborne playing along side him, 

could be the ultimate dream scenario, with KG in there as well!🤩

14 hours ago, AmberRamber said:

No individuals......but a team made up of reliable determined players .

Players like Trevor Hebbard, Paul Blades, Micky Forsyth.....good honest pros

Add a sprinkle of Paul Goddard and Dean Saunders types and you are onto a winner.

Christ those were excellent days.

Smashing Man City at the Baseball Ground.

This 🙌 

I’m hopeful Ebou is our new Geraint 

And Man City? 5-0 on a Boxing Day I think? If so as a kid I spent half that match in a box eating prawn sandwiches 😆

10 minutes ago, R@M said:

This 🙌 

And Man City? 5-0 on a Boxing Day I think? If so as a kid I spent half that match in a box eating prawn sandwiches 😆

I can't remember us ever playing Man City on a Boxing Day.

That was November 1989, and I remember it well because I was driving up from Southampton where I was living at the time and got a blow-out on the M27. I had to change the tyre in the pouring rain and dried out at the folks' house before the match 😁

12 minutes ago, R@M said:

This 🙌 

You were lucky. I lived in a cardboard box in the mid............, oh wait, you eating prawn sandwiches! It really wasn't that hard an upbringing was it?