Ebou Adams - Signed on 3 year deal

19 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

£650k sounds an awful lot of money, especially when Cardiff were "apparently" wanting £500k early in the window and we were only offering half of that. 

Don't believe a word that comes out of his gob.  Yeah he's not one of these 12 year olds that make up stuff for clicks, but he doesn't get an awful lot of stuff right...

I see Clowes is going to overpay for that chap Ebou. Has he ever seen him play I wonder?

I invested tremendous emotional capital watching our fans march before the Birmingham game on my TV, and now he appears to be putting the club at risk when this coming season I know I can already watch my beloved Rams a minimum of 16 times on Sky TV.

Clowes can do one as far as I am concerned. Should stick to building houses.

8 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Don't believe a word that comes out of his gob.  Yeah he's not one of these 12 year olds that make up stuff for clicks, but he doesn't get an awful lot of stuff right...

I mean there’s a good chance we did prepare a £250k bid but it was one of the bids rejected. I know we’ve recently been on the brink of extinction and whilst this deal is probably slightly more than we originally wanted to pay it’s still not a great deal of money in modern football. We paid more for Connor Sammon 10+ years ago, what would that be in todays money?

With out Adam’s last season I doubt we would have made it to the automatics so it’s a very welcome addition I just hope to god that the CDM curse doesn’t strike again!

29 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I see Clowes is going to overpay for that chap Ebou. Has he ever seen him play I wonder?

I invested tremendous emotional capital watching our fans march before the Birmingham game on my TV, and now he appears to be putting the club at risk when this coming season I know I can already watch my beloved Rams a minimum of 16 times on Sky TV.

Are you for @#*%$in' real?  😲

Are you on a wind u... oh, it's you. 🍻

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Totally agree, Clowes has messed us loyal supporters around on this. First he bid 250k, then 500-600k. He then went for 900k, then had his pants down for 1 million. Can't Clowes just do things on the quiet rather than continually tweeting out the latest price. I will be very worried for the future of OUR club if we pay a penny over undisclosed.

16 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I mean there’s a good chance we did prepare a £250k bid but it was one of the bids rejected. I know we’ve recently been on the brink of extinction and whilst this deal is probably slightly more than we originally wanted to pay it’s still not a great deal of money in modern football. We paid more for Connor Sammon 10+ years ago, what would that be in todays money?

With out Adam’s last season I doubt we would have made it to the automatics so it’s a very welcome addition I just hope to god that the CDM curse doesn’t strike again!

That was 4 days after the Carlisle game, he was just guessing and pulled a number out the air 🤣

Are we paying a little over the odds?  Possibly, but when he's absolutely vital to how we want to play, we have to pay what they're asking.  I reckon a lot of the fee will be the add ons anyway.  This isn't us spunking £10m + on Butterfield & Johnson, who we then didn't know what to do with, this guy makes us tick and wants to be here...

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I think it's probably Mel's side-kick Pearce doing the bidding mate. 👍

If Ebou isn't in Cardiff's plans for next season then they are best getting what they can for him, it makes good business sense as Cardiff get a reasonable fee and it frees up some wages. 

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

We seemed happy enough at £500k. If it's £500k up front and then the rest on the never-never when we get promotion etc then an extra £400k will be a drop in the ocean at that point.

He may not be tried and tested in the Championship as such, but he's tried and tested for US, in a Paul Warne side/system, which is already a step up from anyone new coming in, who will carry their own risks. 

If DC is comfortable with the deal then I'm comfortable with the deal, this isn't another Mad Mel that's going to suddenly start splurging ridiculous money "chasing the dream".

10 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Serious question: does anyone actually think, based on the way we have done business under Clowes so far, that we would really walk into a deal that we could not comfortably afford?

I just don't think that's the way we do business nowadays. 

If we're paying 900K for Ebou, it's because we've got the budget for it. 

I agree with you theoretically, but we can't base our thoughts/opinions on how Mr Clowes has done his/our business thus far, as Mr Clowes/we have been restricted until now.

That's not to say I don't trust him to continue in a similar vein, as I most definitely do.  👍

My only reservation about the cost of the deal is not whether we can afford it, because I think that we can trust the people running the club these days, it whether we are using a larger part of our budget to do this deal, which means that we can't bring in another forward for example.

I should say that I'm overjoyed that he is returning to the club by the way.

4 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

My only reservation about the cost of the deal is not whether we can afford it, because I think that we can trust the people running the club these days, it whether we are using a larger part of our budget to do this deal, which means that we can't bring in another forward for example.

I should say that I'm overjoyed that he is returning to the club by the way.

TBF we don’t know how much is available. We have Kellyman money and possibly now Delap money.

Ebou is not just a player, he’s an energy.

And energy costs have gone up!