Where do you think we'll finish this season?

Portsmouth have got three difficult games coming up. I could see them losing two and drawing one, which means even if they do win the other two we will both finish on 94 points — and our goal difference will be comfortably better.

Portsmouth could now do us a favour, or two. Just far enough ahead that they aren't under massive pressure, not so far that they are already on the beach. A perfect combination for picking apart teams who have to win almost every match, like Bolton or P'boro. 

Good opportunity against the Ambulance chasers given their cup final, it would have perfect to have played them yesterday instead (whilst they're in second gear for Wembley) but cant have everything!

I'm starting to move closer to 2nd, and I think top 3 is ours now, the only ones who can stop us are ourselves. Granted if we had have won last night I'd be all ole ole ole-ing, saying Pompey may choke now and 1st is all but ours!

2nd because no way will our rivals win every game on current form.

Beat Wycombe I genuinely think the belief running through the team will sky rocket; we’re going to be fine, positive mindset and all that, just can’t see us losing many points between now and season end.

I'm sure we will win the home games, and the amazing supporters will play their part. Other than that I don't think we will lose any, but could possible draw one or both away games. I do expect Bolton to drop points, probably against Portsmouth. In short, I expect us to finish 2nd. COYR

4 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Doubtful with such a poor manager...

At this point the manager has little influence. This is about the spirit he has already built in the team over the last 12 months. Bar some in game tweaks, it’s the11 on the pitch, their personal strengths and perseverance that will get us over the line. It’s guts, effort and self belief (and 30k at PPS when they are wobbling ) 

9 hours ago, jono said:

At this point the manager has little influence. This is about the spirit he has already built in the team over the last 12 months. Bar some in game tweaks, it’s the11 on the pitch, their personal strengths and perseverance that will get us over the line. It’s guts, effort and self belief (and 30k at PPS when they are wobbling ) 

I don’t agree. At this point in the season the managers job is to make adjustments to accommodate injuries, continue to make tactical decisions based on the set up of the opposition and how individual games are panning out (yes I know some would question Warne’s ability in this respect but it’s still a job for him to do), and continue to maintain the spirit in the team by lifting them if we’ve had a poor game and keeping their feet on the ground if we’ve had a good one. I think this period of the season is just as important (if not more so) for all concerned: the management team, the players, and the fans.

28 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t agree. At this point in the season the managers job is to make adjustments to accommodate injuries, continue to make tactical decisions based on the set up of the opposition and how individual games are panning out (yes I know some would question Warne’s ability in this respect but it’s still a job for him to do), and continue to maintain the spirit in the team by lifting them if we’ve had a poor game and keeping their feet on the ground if we’ve had a good one. I think this period of the season is just as important (if not more so) for all concerned: the management team, the players, and the fans.

I take your point; 👍 though from a motivational point of view I’d really hope the players all have enough now to carry themselves through considering the battles they’ve fought and the aroma of tangible success that might now be coming from the kitchen such that they can almost sense it if not touch it. 

I’ve put the remaining fixtures through the predictor thing. I think we’ll draw one of our 4, not sure which one, but I’ve put it down as Wycombe. Really we should win all 4, I just don’t think that’ll end up happening. At one stage we drop to 4th, but relying on two Bolton draws, I hope it’ll look something like this.

1D443560-A5D4-46C6-8365-96A393F1CD19.jpeg

On 03/04/2024 at 10:08, Kernow said:

Bookies have us as more than narrow favourites. With SkyBet, we’re 1/3 for automatic promotion, Bolton are 3/1.

The point last night was massive, I think we really have to s*** the bed if we don’t get promoted from this position.

Your first season following the Rams is it?

1 hour ago, Thameram said:

Stop this nonsense win all 4 easier fixtures than the rest no excuse 

we normally lose against rubbish teams and play well against better teams...