Where do you think we'll finish this season?

19 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

1. Bolton

2. Pompey

3. Peterborough

4. Derby

5. Barnsley

6. Charlton

I think charlton will go up in the play offs 

In all fairness i didnt realise how far down they are but i feel they will have a good end to the season! If jones take over they do have the squad to do it! But i agree it might be too late. But i think they will be close from where they are 

11 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

In all fairness i didnt realise how far down they are but i feel they will have a good end to the season! If jones take over they do have the squad to do it! But i agree it might be too late. But i think they will be close from where they are 

They're 21 points off 6th, and 6th have two games in hand...

Stevenage's PPG will see them end with around 84 points if they carry on as they are. Charlton can only win 48 more points, meaning the highest they can get to is 79, and that's if they go on a 16 game winning streak.

The 16 game winning streak is even more unlikely when you consider the following. They've only won 7 all season. They've conceded more than anybody except for Fleetwood (23rd) and Carlisle (24th). In their last 5 games, they have 1 point. Now that CBT has left, their second highest scorer has a whopping 3 league goals.

They definitely have a chance of getting out of League One, just not the right way. 

Edited by Kernow

11 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Well Charlton still have us to play at Pride Park, plus games against Bolton, Barnsley and Stevenage, so if they do finish with a sprint they can win 3 of those top 6 teams matches and do us a favour.

40 minutes ago, Carlin said:

Portsmouth fan here. I did post on this board previously so haven't signed up just to respond to this thread.

Anyway fwiw I think 

1. Bolton

2. Derby

3. Peterborough 

4. Barnsley

5. Portsmouth

6. Stevenage

Pompey have been decimated by key injuries, season ending injuries to key players. Morrell looks like a bad injury now too. 

We recruited quite well in January and have a few players back from injury but I doubt we will be top 2 come the end of the season. The key absences and pressure will get to us.

I think Bolton and Derby will finish top 2 and Pompey will make the playoffs in 5th or 6th.

Very self-deprecating but I'd be amazed if Pompey finished 5th - have collapses in previous seasons coloured your view a little?

Pompey obviously had a bit of a wobble but have taken 10 points from last 12 since & from the outside appear to have had a really good January window - we'd have been delighted with Calum Lang & Owen Moxon as signings. Peterborough's squad is too small to sustain a top 2 push in my opinion (although their first XI is very good) & think Barnsley are a little too far behind to overhaul you now.

I think Portsmouth will still be there about at the end, they've had a dip, but have got some signings and could rally over the rest of the season. Bolton I think we'll know after Feb, they have a lot of games this month. Those two will be our biggest challengers for the top 2 slots. They have a good squad for L1 and games in hand, but a bruising run of games could aid burn out in some of their players.

What about us? Still quite optimistic, think 2nd place. More often flirting with 3rd than 1st, but getting over the line. 

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Very self-deprecating but I'd be amazed if Pompey finished 5th - have collapses in previous seasons coloured your view a little?

Pompey obviously had a bit of a wobble but have taken 10 points from last 12 since & from the outside appear to have had a really good January window - we'd have been delighted with Calum Lang & Owen Moxon as signings. Peterborough's squad is too small to sustain a top 2 push in my opinion (although their first XI is very good) & think Barnsley are a little too far behind to overhaul you now.

Perhaps previous collapses have coloured my view a little but we have a tough run in too. We also seem to have incredibly bad luck with injuries.

I think Derby and Bolton will get over the line as I think you will grind out the required wins.

All ifs and buts at this moment though, still lots of football to be played.

Hopefully we both go up.

27 minutes ago, Carlin said:

Perhaps previous collapses have coloured my view a little but we have a tough run in too. We also seem to have incredibly bad luck with injuries.

I think Derby and Bolton will get over the line as I think you will grind out the required wins.

All ifs and buts at this moment though, still lots of football to be played.

Hopefully we both go up.

Carlin a name that has a past Derby connection 

11 hours ago, Kernow said:

They're 21 points off 6th, and 6th have two games in hand...

Stevenage's PPG will see them end with around 84 points if they carry on as they are. Charlton can only win 48 more points, meaning the highest they can get to is 79, and that's if they go on a 16 game winning streak.

The 16 game winning streak is even more unlikely when you consider the following. They've only won 7 all season. They've conceded more than anybody except for Fleetwood (23rd) and Carlisle (24th). In their last 5 games, they have 1 point. Now that CBT has left, their second highest scorer has a whopping 3 league goals.

They definitely have a chance of getting out of League One, just not the right way. 

Forest did it in the championship and jones is a good manager 

28 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

A big night for the Rams top six contenders tonight we can only hope that Bolton, Peterborough and Stevenage all loose 

image.png.dbcdd42d7da3ea504c573fe6252ec58e.png

I’d be delighted if they all only managed a draw. As it is, I reckon they all “should” win. ☹️

On 03/02/2024 at 23:20, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Last 16 12-2-2. Immense

Except we were lucky to win 3 of these (last two and Bristol, also Orient were down to 10 for much of the game), and not hard done by in any other than a point at Reading.

On 02/02/2024 at 16:29, LeedsCityRam said:

1. Bolton

Barnsley to beat us in the playoffs

These two seem be the most flattered by goals and results in the entire league.

I'd say top 6 is pretty much guaranteed at this point, there's nice gap between 7th and 8th.

I think we'll get 2nd spot with Bolton top. Based on the grit of the last performance, the squad strength, and that our run-in is preferable to Portsmouth, Bolton or Peterborough. Barnsley are out of the running if they don't A lot will come down to the head-to-heads with Pompey & Bolton.

The squad depth is very strong atm with Bradley, Ward, and Sibley looking good lately, Nyambe coming back in, and Forsyth & Washington getting fit for March, Bird in a role better suited to his ability. We have multiple options in each position, or at least we should do soon enough.

(opinion subject to change if Bolton & Peterborough both win away tonight)

I personally think it’s hard to see us finishing above two of Pompey, Bolton and Posh… I think we would have needed that quality new striker to do that. You live in hope and to have any chance we need to beat Bolton and Pompey….when did we last win at Pompey??

You can see GD settling some of the places…

On 04/02/2024 at 18:27, Dcfcsr92 said:

Jones is more likely to take them down than into the playoffs - he can't hack it anywhere else other than Luton, should never have left them.

We could be down to 4th later tonight . January window signings could alter the dynamics for all of us . Nothing is worse than dropping out the play-offs on the last day of the season. So let’s not wet our pants about places yet.