Derby v Cheltenham Town - Match Day Thread

Just got in from the match. 

Glad we got the 3 points, 2 cracking goals, and 1 point behind second place, poor  1st half awful watch, but to hear so called fans boo when Cheltenham score was a disgrace, to do that in the game was a absolute joke, those that boo after Cheltenham score should stay away, and be embarrassed by such behaviour, please stay away, u make it harder for the team to perform with that attitude. And it was great to give Curtis Davis a great reception after the game a true Ram. 

2 minutes ago, DerbyAleMan said:

Glad we got the 3 points, 2 cracking goals, and 1 point behind second place, poor  1st half awful watch, but to hear so called fans boo when Cheltenham score was a disgrace, to do that in the game was a absolute joke, those that boo after Cheltenham score should stay away, and be embarrassed by such behaviour, please stay away, u make it harder for the team to perform with that attitude. And it was great to give Curtis Davis a great reception after the game a true Ram. 

Yeah all you so called fans! Next time cheer when the other team score

24 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I have the opposite view on this,he does come across as honest,funny and quirky to me and I actually thought he sounded impressed with Sibley aside from the peno and he didn't criticise that in any case,just admitted that it was one (fair enough,it was!)

He also praised him for being the only player to be making forward runs.

I personally thought sibs did well,he tracked back well and made some vital tackles and at least he always has a go,going forwards.

The game itself was absolutely dreadful in the first half,we were slow,dull and looked frightened to death.

The changes for the second half were positive and we looked a different team,if not one that was in my mould of a great derby side.

It was effective however and all of a sudden we were on the front foot with Cheltenham not really getting a look in from then on.

Birds goal was superb but eclipsed by collos' effort which was outstanding....if he stayed in the box more often,this might be something we would see with more regularity.

Three points off top,joint third place as it stands and we aren't even playing well yet....if we can finally click going forwards,you never know,the autos may actually be on.

Yes agreed with all of that in my earlier long post by we'll have to disagree on how we think he speaks about players

Thought the half time boos were justified for once.   Absolute shocker of a performance - even after tne changes we looked no better than their equals - and they were as poor as their  league position suggests. 

Thought going on about Sibley getting lucky with not giving a penalty away after was so poor after Sibley had a good game.   Maybe offer a better post match analysis for once instead of seeing everything in terms of individual battles, doing the basics right  and being brave on the ball - though how you can be brave on the ball when you are told not to take more than two touches who knows. 

Bird and Collins with two goals that were out of place with the performance have saved  Warne there because I haven't heard the atmosphere in tne crowd that toxic for a long long time.   

34 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Just back home. Well that was a match with lots too talk about. Awful first half, got worse when they scored. Was considering taking up pottery classes on saturday afternoons at that point. Very good substitutions, and the whole outlook of the team changed. Tommo needs to start more often, his energy and biting at opposition's heels are much needed in this division. CBT showed a few good touches, but needs to settle in.

Despite the poor performance, we scraped out a win, which is how to get promoted!

I wish the moaners and boo boys would shut up, and just get behind the team. Booing at the half time whistle, not helping anybody. I've never booed a Derby team in nearly 50 years, and wont be starting now, particularly when we are 1 point off second place, and 3 points off the top. Some people need to get a grip!

Agree totally re booing. Just dont get it

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

So we obviously are skint and the likelihood of further incomings this January are slim.

If we are skint then it follows that Warne won't be going anywhere any time soon.

Who seems unwilling or unable to change the modus operandi of his team.

So what changes then?

If we were skint I doubt we'd be going to the expense of buying and fitting rails in the South Stand, changing the graphics on the outside of the Main Entrance or leaving the lights on in The Yard 24/7. None of those things have much of an ROI and are easy to sort/defer if you were anywhere near skint.

Obviously if we were skint we wouldn't be able to pay a £300k loan fee for CBT - that one may hopefully have more of a ROI though.

As for Warne you'd have to take into consideration the opportunity cost of not sacking him.

4 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

a stunning free kick got us into the game,the only piece of football played in the entire match got us 3 points,there is no excuse for the total dross served up for the rest of the game

We would be furious if our “Wall” had fell apart like theirs . Not one player willing to take a ball in the Crown Jewels .

Another absolutely rancid display by a team that deserved all the booing they got at half time. You’d they’d want to show a reaction after Reading, but they just carried on where they left off.

Tactics all wrong by Warne as well, he has to stop with this two in midfield s*** - it’s no coincidence our bad performances have started since we switched to 4-4-2. Absolutely awful system that has no place in the modern game. Totally overrun yet again.

Fed up of our only tactic being launch it to the wings and whip it in - it’s so one dimensional. When we actually use the midfield and try to play a bit of football through the thirds, then we look so much better! Why can our dinosaur of a manager not see this…

Im beginning to really dislike this team itself, as well as the fraud in the dug out. At least the team that went down had some character. This lot couldn’t give a f***. And as for captain Hourihane… words can’t describe my feelings towards his “leadership”.

We were so lucky to win that game today, it’s only a moment of individual quality from Max Bird that turned it around. It’s time this manager and this team got a f****** grip. Performances this week have been truly pathetic, were meant to be the best team in the league!

32 minutes ago, Andicis said:

So first half was so awful you were considering doing other things rather than the football, but you wish the boo boys would shut up. You yourself acknowledge how dreadfully we played, so you should understand why fans are concerned and unhappy with our performances. Winning purely from better players is a bad sign.

I'm also unhappy with the performances, but fully understand that getting the result is what counts, and am pleased we got it. I still don't believe booing the team off at 0-0 is helpful, and we don't need such fans. Looking forward to Charlton next week, my first away match.

11 minutes ago, DerbyAleMan said:

Enough booed that if they stayed away you'd be supporting a team with similar size support to Cheltenham.   

58 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Now my rant. OK sibs wasnt perfect but he did well for whole match not in his position rather just 20 minutes towards the end as some did. Warne really annoyed me (for a change) in post-match interview - couldnt just say he stepped in and did well - had to have a go few times about a penalty like the time he said he was worst tackler in the squad. And some on here ask what has happened to Sibley - would say those sort of comments on a daily basis are probably what's happened. Like those little comments he used to make always about Didzy. Tommo back plays ok then back on bench. Fornah made good start at club then disappeared. Wildsmith - what's happened there? He's all about certain players like Collo, CH and plays games withe rest. I dont buy the jovial PW act - I think he plays mind games to get the best out of players but actually comes across as snarky and nasty. And will never get best out of people.  If he's like that in public..... 

if he starts CH next match says everything about him as a manager

Exactly this. It's bullying. Does the manager think he's being funny? Shame on him, steadily chip chip chipping away at the players who aren't in his clique. For me the best case scenario is we scrape up, Warne gets found out (as he surely will) early next season and we move quickly to bring in another manager.

7 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Agree totally re booing. Just dont get it

But as I posted in another thread (Warne out out) Warne said: "We were booed off at half-time and that was understandable. I subconsciously booed myself..."

What can you say... #shrug

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Exactly this. It's bullying. Does the manager think he's being funny? Shame on him, steadily chip chip chipping away at the players who aren't in his clique. For me the best case scenario is we scrape up, Warne gets found out (as he surely will) early next season and we move quickly to bring in another manager.

Yeah maybe we should report him to the police ffs

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

What about all the tossers on here chip chip  chipping away at Warne bully's