Derby v Cheltenham Town - Match Day Thread

21 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Sack Warne.

Get Warnock in.

Put Wildsmith back in goal.

We have just played Lincoln, a Reading in dissaray and a very poor Cheltenham side...and made a right pigs ear of it.

We should be top of the table after those 3 games.

What would we use to pay Warney and his back room staff off? He’s here for the season. Hopefully he will finally realise that Bird/Conor combo in midfield just doesn’t work 👩‍🦯. The football is pretty poor, he is too slow to change things but we have no option but to get behind him.

So we obviously are skint and the likelihood of further incomings this January are slim.

If we are skint then it follows that Warne won't be going anywhere any time soon.

Who seems unwilling or unable to change the modus operandi of his team.

So what changes then?

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What would we use to pay Warney and his back room staff off? He’s here for the season. Hopefully he will finally realise that Bird/Conor combo in midfield just doesn’t work 👩‍🦯. The football is pretty poor, he is too slow to change things but we have no option but to get behind him.

Crowdfund?

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

So we obviously are skint and the likelihood of further incomings this January are slim.

If we are skint then it follows that Warne won't be going anywhere any time soon.

So what changes then?

Bloody hell are you not happy with Warne anymore???? 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Bloody hell are you not happy with Warne anymore???? 

Not at all.

I'm just thinking of all the forum members on here who clearly aren't happy and the long haul for them to the end of the season and beyond complaining about things that are not very likely to change for them. 

Well it was a pretty awful performance but you have to give the players a bit of credit for somehow conspiring to win.

Two great goals to enjoy.

The first half was like kids’ football.

Fifty yards between two lines of players. No idea how that was supposed to work.

Early days I know but CBT looks like he wants everyone to get the ball to him without trying too hard to help them.

He will need to get used to a scrap and muck in. I’m sure he’ll be fine.

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

So what changes then?

Our chances of finishing in the top two?

What does PW need to change to change our fortunes on the pitch, Is it 3 in midfield? as I read it it looked more comfortable in there with a 3.

Posters saying that the opposition have now sussed us out by doubling up on the wide players, But NML got the ball in for Collins to score from wide 🤷‍♂️

It's 3 welcome points but yet again we fail in the good football department, Our better ability seems to just get us through games instead of being dominant.

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I was actually trying think of the positives for the folks who are clearly unhappy on this forum 

Other than we won, have you thought of anything?

No point moaning about the pitch, since the all barely touched it.

They play hoofball, we joined in first half, second was better once the subs came on.

Two lovely hits for the goals, and I believe we deserved the win as the only team playing football

Skyball is so dull to watch.

Sibley MOTM really ?????

Also loved the formation mowing team at the very end 😂

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Without distracting with half time booers, Hourihane jeers and twitter idiots, are we OK to criticise that performance on here without being slagged off?

No! Haha. 

That really was a performance that, for m, kinda sums up Warne’s time here. 

Horrible football that (just about) gets the result.

Just now, sage said:

Other than we won, have you thought of anything?

It was a question to them really not me, musing on the things which seem to cause them so much unhappiness and the likelihood of those things changing over the short and medium term.