Derby V Burton match day thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

What is the SKY presenter on about?! According to her Burton got a point and Peterboros goal difference is better than ours. 

Haha yep and she said we were near the top of the championship at HT lol 😂 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Not defending Warne tonight, but we definitely played with a back 4 until after Hourihane scored….didn't we?! 

He did. The defenders weren't the problem tonight. The big gaping hole in the middle of the pitch we left for them and a lack of composure were the problems.

The former is on the manager, the latter is on the players.

4 minutes ago, Eargasm said:

Been watching the Rams since Brian was in charge, why is it we have to be 4 goals up before I can come out from behind the settee and enjoy it ! ? 

I’ve said this myself on many occasion, the worst time to be a Derby fan is when we’re 1 or 2 nil up as there’s always a collapse coming.

I much prefer games when we are 1 or 2 nil down, then at least the only way is up and it can’t get any worse*

*Unless they score a third 😎

Well the first half was decent... second half painful. Oh well, it's 3 points and we seem to keep finding ways to win games without particularly playing well. At the end of the day it's the points that matter.

Personally think we need to find a couple of players (a winger and centre-mid) that can provide some pace, energy and strength to the team in the next couple of weeks. Another CF to provide Collo with some competition too if I'm being greedy.

Onwards to Lincoln at the weekend! COYR 🐏

Just now, Topram said:

But if the ref gives the free kick they don’t score and everything still looked rosey?

But he didn't give the free kick and we crumbled for half an hour, almost chucking the game away.

We can't keep expecting refs to make the right decisions, because at this level a good ref is about as common as a lottery win.

We have to mitigate poor decisions with composure and positioning,which we didn't do today.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

But he didn't give the free kick and we crumbled for half an hour, almost chucking the game away.

We can't keep expecting refs to make the right decisions, because at this level a good ref is about as common as a lottery win.

We have to mitigate poor decisions with composure and positioning,which we didn't do today.

I’m not denying that and we have to get used to the god awful refs but I think an over reaction, we were comfortable before the goal