Colourful / Drab

Anyone think we need a bit more club colours in our stands? Always appears quite dark. Think you’d be hard pressed to guess which home crowd it was from a photo. Unless black and white just doesn’t stick out or our lot don’t do scarves 😂

4 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Anyone think we need a bit more club colours in our stands? Always appears quite dark. Think you’d be hard pressed to guess which home crowd it was from a photo. Unless black and white just doesn’t stick out or our lot don’t do scarves 😂

I've always thought this, maybe the club should sell Derby County coats in light grey, white or similar? These would be safer to walk in also, as they're more visible to motorists. If they could sell them at cost price, it would encourage a 'B4' sea of black and white for home and away games.

I searched for one in the autumn, eventually finding a fairly lightweight one from Trespass which I wore before it got too cold.

I went to the last game we played at Florist and commented on here how many of their lot had colours on (shirts, scarves, hats etc) and someone replied it was something they were pushing on social media for that particular game. Seems to have stuck, maybe we could do similar? 

10 minutes ago, Dambuster said:

I just watch what’s happening on the grass.

I’m sure the vast majority do. I just think it may help improve the atmosphere/occasion at times, thereby, hopefully, helping our team too. 

1 hour ago, HorsforthRam said:

IMG_0691.gif

1 minute ago, HorsforthRam said:

I’m sure the vast majority do. I just think it may help improve the atmosphere/occasion at times, thereby, hopefully, helping our team too. 

Many teams that have the mass scarf waving etc have them paid for by the club. In our current recovery would rather funds were invested in the team and academy. Fans could just communicate a day to all wear black and white or whatever but our colours arent as visual as say watford, norwich (🤮) or even them up the road. Does it really help the team compared to singing/shouting I dont know - it may create more of that if not exhausted from the scarf waving. But I always think its more for external media. 
Anyway I am still wounded from the sombrero no shows like @Mucker1884

Definitely don't see that many black & white scarves - very much a feature of certain teams (Leeds are particularly keen on theirs as are Newcastle - in black & white). When the weather is better, we see plenty of replica shirts at PP but assume you're referring to a lack of colour in winter months

One thing that does irk me is how difficult it is to put flags up in PP - my Leeds Rams flag kept falling down from back of East Stand no matter what I tried! Seen others struggling with theirs too. Filling PP with flag artwork could be a great way to add a bit more colour to matchdays

Edited by LeedsCityRam

6 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

One thing that does irk me is how difficult it is to put flags up in PP - my Leeds Rams flag kept falling down from back of East Stand no matter what I tried! Seen others struggling with theirs too. Filling PP with flag artwork could be a great way to add a bit of more colour to matchdays

jtwqajdxgxg6ywbsyqul.jpg      ?  🤷‍♂️

I reckon there are a good number of people that wear Derby scarves and/or hats but, as you suspect, black and white doesn’t stand out as much as other colours especially when a lot of people also wear black coats.

At the end of the day though, do we really care that much how the crowd looks to other people especially on TV and even more so in a photo?

Must admit, it's been a while since I wore a scarf, although I do have a good half dozen or so.
Need to get back in the habit, at least for the next 3 (cold) months.

Still got Mel's freebie, but can't remember whether that was the B&W bar one I have, or the black one side, white on the other?

I do have a couple of B&W flecks and/or pinstripes, but I guess they look more grey from a distance, so they'll not get the desired effect!

29 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

….Still got Mel's freebie, but can't remember whether that was the B&W bar one I have, or the black one side, white on the other?….

It’s the black one side and white the other - I’d put mine aside in case there was another run on Andrex but have recently worn it to a couple of games