Bradford City at home Match Thread

sage

Just now, Rammy03 said:

I'm surprised so many on here are bothered considering only a few thousand turned up

In fairness, I don’t think many would be bothered if it was a one off, or a freak result e.g their goalkeeper has the game of their life.

However it isn’t and it doesn’t inspire confidence whatsoever for the run-in. In a situation like tonight’s, you would want to see your players up for it and with a point to prove.

What are we going to do when the schedule piles up?

If any of our key starters - Wildsmith, Cashin, Nelson, Forsyth, Bird, Hourihane, Mendez Laing, Wilson or Collins - get injured or suspended, I’d be very concerned.

I think it’s backfired us not playing some more youngsters now in this competition. We’ve learnt nowt from playing our first team players and now don’t have a final to fall back on. This was an ideal time to sound out the Weston’s, Robinsons, Browns and Fapetu. 
The league was always the priority, but a final would’ve been nice. This was an ideal opportunity wasted to give some U18s/23s a go. 

If you get chance to, and I hope they put it all on rams daily, but I think Radio Derby just had a great discussion since full time and it’s well worth a listen. Lots on the transfer window, where the club is at in terms of transfers, the performance tonight and what it says about the depth of the squad. Good post match interviews with Warne and Sonny Bradley too

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

If any of our key starters - Wildsmith, Cashin, Nelson, Forsyth, Bird, Hourihane, Mendez Laing, Wilson or Collins - get injured or suspended, I’d be very concerned.

If all of them did, I would be concerned. If 1 or 2 did, then the rest of them would be playing.

26 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Different times and era Kath and yes I was...I'm not far off your age☺️Players are a different bread to what they were under BC, They hold all the cards, They do as they choose, Their contract says they get paid X amount of loot for their efforts....whether good or bad.

PS...I've changed my user name...guess who 😁

Are you the alf that in the pandemic we got told off for going off topic and talking about the old derby( not the rams). 😂🤣

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

If all of them did, I would be concerned. If 1 or 2 did, then the rest of them would be playing.

I think the drop off in quality and reliability between our first choice XI and the squad players is a genuine concern.

It might only take one or two major absentees to have a massive impact on our fortunes.

You can see why Warne has previously depended on our first XI to the point where they are running on less than empty.

Players on the fringe are just not seizing their opportunities.

2 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Wonder if warnes looking down the sofa for the receipt. Shame it didn’t come with a 6 Month cooling off period 

3 year deals as well, offered by both posh and Derby.

So what might the difference be I wonder given the respective promotion prospects of the two clubs.....

money-cash.gif.c9d693a7f5fdd99449674b5698b7f303.gif

Late to comment on the game whilst I attempt to get over 3 things.

1) Our shocking first half display with Wilson being our only threat.

2) Ward marking their best header'er of the ball whist Bradley, the biggest man on the pitch, is marking absolutely nothing in front of Vickers. Ward should NEVER be anything more than a man on the post or first man defending a corner, NOT marking a big dominating cb.

3) The fact we didnt treat the game as a chance to reward the fans with a trip to Wembley. NML or JJ should of started as we lacked that bit of class in the final third for large parts of the game.

I could go on, but honestly, horrendous.

🗑🗑

Edited by SK47

14 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

may be because quite a few parted with coin to be entertained on rtv,and a fair few thousand rams fans will be at work tomorrow suffering abuse from gumps and other fans,so yes we should be bothered

Of course, and to those who parted with their money it is bitterly disappointing. But to have a reaction like this on here and on Twitter, you would have thought there were 30,000 there tonight. The attendance of these games represents the appetite for the competition. Clearly people aren't that bothered. I didn't go tonight as in my opinion the competition is a nonsense.

25 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I think we're all violently agreeing that there is no basis for making the comment the pw is forced to make "bargain basement" signings.

No violence on my part mate, just a polite attempt to qualify the comment, though it does rather appear I was wrong! 🙊

5 minutes ago, SK47 said:

Late to comment on the game whilst I attempt to get over 3 things.

1) Our shocking first half display with Wilson being our only threat.

2) Ward marking their best header'er of the ball whist Bradley, the biggest man on the pitch, is marking absolutely nothing in front of Vickers. Ward should NEVER be anything more than a man on the post or first man defending a corner, NOT marking a big dominating cb.

3) The fact we didnt treat the game as a chance to reward the fans with a trip to Wembley. NML or JJ should of started as we lacked that bit of class in the final third for large parts of the game.

I could go on, but honestly, horrendous.

🗑🗑

I was at the game and the 2nd half was much worse than the first .Vickers  kept the score down whilst Bird and Hourihane were our soft underbelly.

21 minutes ago, enachops said:

I think it’s backfired us not playing some more youngsters now in this competition. We’ve learnt nowt from playing our first team players and now don’t have a final to fall back on. This was an ideal time to sound out the Weston’s, Robinsons, Browns and Fapetu. 
The league was always the priority, but a final would’ve been nice. This was an ideal opportunity wasted to give some U18s/23s a go. 

I think we learnt quite a bit tonight. And some large part of it gives grounds for concern.

i agree that we should probably have played some of the youngsters.