Bradford City at home Match Thread

sage

We really should be progressing through this game. Give the squad players a run out:

Wildsmith

Nelson Bradley Cashin

Ward Thompson Fornah Elder

Barkhuizen Sibley

Collins

I’ve not been to an EFL Trophy game… and that won’t be changing here. RamsTV for me

Edited by Millenniumram

Tricky one …:

…,love to keep the winning streak going but league/promotion has to be the priority …. Needless distraction and tiring of older legs for some… ???

Would love to play a great many of the U21 side to get experience but we’d have to go into in knowing we would likely lose…

🤷

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

We really should be progressing through this game. Give the squad players a run out:

Wildsmith

Nelson Bradley Cashin

Barkhuizen Sibley

Collins

I’ve not been to an EFL Trophy game… and that won’t be changing here. RamsTV for me

That should be the team since we don't play Burton till the following Monday. Reward Ryan Bartley (under 21 CB) with a bench spot since he's won PL2 player of the month.

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Wildsmith

Nelson Bradley Cashin

Barkhuizen Sibley

Collins

Good team selection. Spot on.

8 hours ago, sage said:

Rams v Bantams in the Bristol Street Pizza Trophy Thingy

What kind of side will we put out?

Will we take a step further to Wembley?

Who is going?

I think we’ll put out a side that will be competitive with “fringe” players and some youngsters mixed in, like the previous round. I think home advantage should help us to progress BUT it will be close. I’m going.

Come on Rams fans let’s support the Team. 

In light of an "infopost" from @uttoxram75 elsewhere, I'd just like to remind everyone of the words to another song we'll be singing over the next few months.

Que sera, sera. 
Whatever will be, will be.
We're going to Wemberley,
Que sera, sera.

PS:
I am nowhere near as drunk as @uttoxram75 likely was when he posted... in fact I am 100% sober... but as it's 09:27 on a Sunday morning, you'd have guessed that anyway, yeah?  

🐏

The U21s play on Friday, so we'll see who is match sharp and who had a bit too much turkey. Those who look sharp may be included in this gane vs Bradford, but I think it's unliekly given the 6 days gap until our next game, with the exception of anyone needing a rest. The bench is tough to call, but I imagine the starting 11 will.be soemthing like this:

Vickers

Ward   Cashin   Bradley   Elder

Barkhuizen   Fornah   Thompson   Sibley   

John-Jules   Collins

Subs: Wildsmith, Cox, Forsyth, DBrown, Bird, Wilson, DBrown

Wildsmith

Ward         Nelson         Cashin          Elder

Robinson

Thompson      Fornah       

Barkz                Collins                Sibley

Vickers, Cox, Wilson, Bradley, Smith, John-Jules, Brown

5 hours ago, Rampant said:

Wildsmith

Ward         Nelson         Cashin          Elder

Robinson

Thompson      Fornah       

Barkz                Collins                Sibley

Vickers, Cox, Wilson, Bradley, Smith, John-Jules, Brown

It’s sad but I just can’t see Warne giving Robinson or Brown a start. Hope I’m wrong 

This is a good opportunity to play four at the back with this defence in case it is required in the forth coming league games this month.            

Vickers

Nelson.   Bradley.  Cashin.  Elder

Ward.  Thompson. Fornah. Barkhuizen

Sibley

Collins

Wilson, NML, Forsyth, TJJ to come on sometime in the second half with Bird and Hourihane available if required.

One of the interesting changes in how we have played over the last few games is how often Nelson either stays up-field after a corner/fk or actually charges up-field as part of a Rams break..

Saw him do it occasionally before but it’s far more often now. It’s obviously something that has been talked about and worked on. Brings another interesting dimension to our play- with the possible negative of course of us being caught short at the back..

Interesting to see if it continues…

Think Warne will try again with the 3 central defenders thing, so will give the same lads more practice:

Vickers

Nelson     Bradley     Cashin

Ward     Thompson     Fornah     Elder

Sibley     Collins     Barkhuizen

Bench: Wildsmith  Forsyth  Wilson  Bird  Fapetu  John-Jules  Brown

I don't think John-Jules will be fit enough to risk him starting another game so soon, and I don't think Warne will start with an academy centre forward instead. Resting Hourihane and Mendez-Liang completely.

Unless there are first teamer coming back who will be put in for fitness, such as Smith, Waghorn, Washington. If any are ready, they'll play a part.

32 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

View it as a chance for practicing the back 5 thing because they're still not great at it.

Aside from that, give some key players a night off.

Alternatively we could try our best to win it.

They will have had 74 hours rest from the last match and it’s six days to the next match.