Bradford City at home Match Thread

sage

5 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

I'm not sure what you question is, we continue to operate under a business plan, is that higher or lower than others is irrelevant, it still restricts us on overspending. If your saying, it's as good or bad as anyone else's, a different question and one I don't the answer. All

I know is that we are NOT allowed to go over it.

"Decisions are still to be made on next season, but we remain in positive discussions with the EFL. We will continue to be under a business plan next season, which will obviously be divisional specific, however it will be one that we propose to the EFL and will be reviewed collectively in order that we can demonstrate that we are not being over-ambitious, which we aren’t being – we will be continuing to build in a progressive and sensible manner.

The point is whether the restriction is purely internal.  I think it is and reflects DC’s understandable reluctance to do anything other than be sustainable.  Some think it is the EFL that are dictating how much we can spend 

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

The point is whether the restriction is purely internal.  I think it is and reflects DC’s understandable reluctance to do anything other than be sustainable.  Some think it is the EFL that are dictating how much we can spend 

Seem to be going round in circles here so I'll gracefully bow out. As I said earlier, we have to adhere to a BP agreed with the EFL that we are not allowed to exceed.

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Based on Whoscored ratings, our best XI in the league is this (bold = Warne signings): 

Wildsmith

Nyambe   Nelson   Cashin   Forsyth

Bird   Hourihane

Barkhuizen   Waghorn   Mendez-Laing

Collins

Rooney is rated higher than Nyambe too, but he only played in 3 games so I haven't included him.

I’ve corrected it for you the bold is warne signings.

the bold italic and underlined is Craig Forsyth signings 

22 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

They should be able to but they're only human. A lot of people probably didn't have much motivation in their jobs the week leading up to Christmas? Why not? They're still being paid.

Ultimately fans can be upset over last night especially the ones that went. But some of the hysteria i saw after last night was unjustified as last night will mean nothing if we go up. In fact if that happens I imagine most of us will be singing the players praises for a fantastic season. 

But you’re talking about two different things there. 1) If we go up, getting knocked out of this competition will soon be forgotten - I agree. 2) Players need a decent crowd to get themselves motivated - I agree to an extent. I accepted that it makes it easier if there is a big crowd behind you but they should be able to motivate themselves sufficiently especially with the realistic prospect of making it to Wembley. I’m not sure the week before Christmas is a fair analogy. That, in my mind, would be similar to the last game of the season when you’ve got nothing to play for and players are looking forward to a break with their families.

I’m no better than most but I do try to keep level headed and comment on the performance of each game individually- good, bad or indifferent. I’m obviously very happy with our recent run of results but that shouldn’t prevent us being very critical of last nights performance. 

10 hours ago, HorsforthRam said:

Listened to Paul Warne interview on RamsTV. Honest and as disappointed as everyone on here. He’s said on a few occasions now that they keep telling the players that, to paraphrase, they “have to turn up”. It’s a minimum requirement and yet he’s had to say it a few times. Also, these players are playing in front of a small crowd. Why the panicky football?

Perhaps he should work out how to get them to 'turn up'?! It's what managers do.

Edited by RoyMac5

so,its partly the players,partly the fans,and partly the state of the pitch,that are at fault for last nights game.bradford had a team with 7 changes,played on the same pitch,in front of the same supporters,yet managed to play football,passing out of defence,passing around our midfield,and attacked at will,fortunately they were not that good up front or they would have scored more.can someone please tell me what warnes tactics were in the first half other than kick  and run

52 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Perhaps he should work out how to get them to 'turn up'?! It's what managers do.

He's got them to turn up when it actually matters which is in 9/11 recent league games, not that you'll ever credit that to the same degree which you highlight the negatives...

Honestly the only annoyance about last night for me is having to tolerate the doomsayers emerging from their recent hibernation 😂

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

He's got them to turn up when it actually matters which is in 9/11 recent league games, not that you'll ever credit that to the same degree which you highlight the negatives...

Honestly the only annoyance about last night for me is having to tolerate the doomsayers emerging from their recent hibernation 😂

What makes me smile is that our recent upturn in form has been attributed by some as the players not the managers doing. Yet when we lose, it's back to the managers fault, brilliant 🤣

14 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

What makes me smile is that our recent upturn in form has been attributed by some as the players not the managers doing. Yet when we lose, it's back to the managers fault, brilliant 🤣

That's nothing, some posters are actually attributing the upturn in form to themselves, claiming that Warne has listened to what the fans were complaining about and changing his tactics accordingly.

Well after a night’s recovery time I have managed to haul myself back up the steep slope of disappointment to the level where I am merely absolutely hacked off with last night’s offering.

Firstly, there  are a lot criticisms of Collin’s first half performance, but in reality he was hardly given the ball. We had reverted to the early season’s “lump it in the air either to defenders who are all taller than Collins, or out to the far touchline”. I thought we’d grown up since then, but apparently not.

Secondly there are criticisms that our youngsters in midfield didn’t stake their claim for a starting place. But how could they? - see the previous paragraph. I said it earlier, but about the only time we got the ball down and played football with it we got that peach of a cross from Sibley and Thommo’s shot that was blocked. At least those two tried to do something positive with the ball, when nobody else did in the first half. Their reward was to be subbed, probably because they weren’t running around aimlessly enough.

And the goal - Ward didn’t make any attempt at all to head the ball. He merely tried to stick his backside into his opponent to hinder him, which is either a coward’s way of defending, or simply lazy. Waghorn used to do it when he was our target man. He virtually never won headers for our crosses because he was too busy bumping into his opponent.

The players regularly not turning up is dien to the coaching staff. The players should be willing to bleed or even die for the shirt, but they don’t. And if Warne doesn’t like the term “Warneball”, then he should stop the players resorting to it.

12 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Well after a night’s recovery time I have managed to haul myself back up the steep slope of disappointment to the level where I am merely absolutely hacked off with last night’s offering.

Firstly, there  are a lot criticisms of Collin’s first half performance, but in reality he was hardly given the ball. We had reverted to the early season’s “lump it in the air either to defenders who are all taller than Collins, or out to the far touchline”. I thought we’d grown up since then, but apparently not.

Secondly there are criticisms that our youngsters in midfield didn’t stake their claim for a starting place. But how could they? - see the previous paragraph. I said it earlier, but about the only time we got the ball down and played football with it we got that peach of a cross from Sibley and Thommo’s shot that was blocked. At least those two tried to do something positive with the ball, when nobody else did in the first half. Their reward was to be subbed, probably because they weren’t running around aimlessly enough.

And the goal - Ward didn’t make any attempt at all to head the ball. He merely tried to stick his backside into his opponent to hinder him, which is either a coward’s way of defending, or simply lazy. Waghorn used to do it when he was our target man. He virtually never won headers for our crosses because he was too busy bumping into his opponent.

The players regularly not turning up is dien to the coaching staff. The players should be willing to bleed or even die for the shirt, but they don’t. And if Warne doesn’t like the term “Warneball”, then he should stop the players resorting to it.

Sooner or late Sibley is going to have to start taking responsibility for his performances.

Players not turning up is down to themselves but you seem to want to blame that on the coaching staff but then also blame the coaching staff for taking the players off, you can't have it both ways!

23 minutes ago, ziggazagga said:

I'm sorry g-ram,if it is not the head coach and his coaching teams responsibility to ensure the team is fully wound up and ready from the first minute of a football match , then whose is it 

Well I'd like to think the players take some responsibility for their own performance. 

If we are saying it is purely the coaches responsibility, then we shouldn't then also be criticising them for taking players off when their performances are not up to scratch, which is the point I was making.