Bradford City at home Match Thread

sage

11 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Seven changes from the team beaten 4-2 at home by Crawley.

Another £40,000 for winning this one…………………money already in the bank! 👍🐏

Bradford fans don't speak too highly of Ridehalgh (LWB) or Taylor (CB). Wilson should have a lot of joy attacking down our right.

Sam Stubbs (also a CB) is son of former Ram Alan.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

9 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Seven changes from the team beaten 4-2 at home by Crawley.

Another £40,000 for winning this one…………………money already in the bank! 👍🐏

They seem to be wearing a rugby kit 

7 hours ago, Mr. P said:

700 is good going 

Bradford have always had good support, lot of time for them. As for the city, it suffers from a lack of investment generally but areas like Shipley & Saltaire are very nice.

Re starting line up, would echo a few others disappointed by lack of youth in the squad. This is exactly the type of occasion that should see some of them start or at least be on the bench. We are also risking important first team players in a low priority fixture...I will be mightily unimpressed if we pick up key injuries here.

19 hours ago, Eddie said:

Still suffering the after-effects of Covid. Hope to be right for the Burton game.

Feel better soon mate.

4 hours ago, angieram said:

Shipley is great, real industrial heritage. Bradford, like many northern industrial cities, is a mixed bag, some regeneration, lots of run-down areas, very multicultural and some extreme poverty. Great people though, in my experience. 

Let's face it, the football fans are a loyal lot if you look at the attendances they get on a regular basis.

I like it up there. I've friends in Bradford and a load of us trip up to Hebden Bridge every year or two, which is a beautiful little town with lots of great bars and places to eat. Talking of which, I've also had some amazing curries in Bradford. Serving me good curry is pretty much the easiest way to get into my good books, so Bradford's alreet with me.

3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'm glad Bradley Johnson has gone back to referring to Derby as "us/we." When he was on the Sky coverage on Saturday he used the terms "they/them" a lot. I know he's supposed to be impartial whilst on Sky but he is a Derby employee after all.  

Be grateful we weren’t Derby City when he commented 

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Looks like they're setting up in a very defensive 532. Their midfield 3 have a combined age of 95 and their front 2 have played less than 130 minutes (combined) in the league this season.

Got 0-1 smash and grab written all over it 😉

10 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Bradford have always had good support, lot of time for them. As for the city, it suffers from a lack of investment generally but areas like Shipley & Saltaire are very nice.

Re starting line up, would echo a few others disappointed by lack of youth in the squad. This is exactly the type of occasion that should see some of them start or at least be on the bench. We are also risking important first team players in a low priority fixture...I will be mightily unimpressed if we pick up key injuries here.

Saltaire indeed very nice & historic. Saw David Hockney wandering about there. 

10 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'm glad Bradley Johnson has gone back to referring to Derby as "us/we." When he was on the Sky coverage on Saturday he used the terms "they/them" a lot. I know he's supposed to be impartial whilst on Sky but he is a Derby employee after all.  

Why impartial? Sky aren’t. Ever. For Derby matches!