Bradford City at home Match Thread

sage

Bratfud are 14th in L2. I expect us to start with some from Saturday's bench plus the likes of JJ (who started Satdeh), Fapetu and Brown. Robinson, Weston plus 1 or 2 more youngsters in the squad or starting.

On 07/01/2024 at 01:45, Millenniumram said:

We really should be progressing through this game. Give the squad players a run out:

Wildsmith

Nelson Bradley Cashin

Ward Thompson Fornah Elder

Barkhuizen Sibley

Collins

I’ve not been to an EFL Trophy game… and that won’t be changing here. RamsTV for me

Don’t be daft , we should have rested players on Saturday for this one. Only 3 games from Wemberly ! I will be there tommorow and the rest of you will be queuing all around PP for your Wemberly tickets when we get there. And don’t say you won’t.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Don’t be daft , we should have rested players on Saturday for this one. Only 3 games from Wemberly ! I will be there tommorow and the rest of you will be queuing all around PP for your Wemberly tickets when we get there. And don’t say you won’t.

My man will do that for me👍

34 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Still suffering the after-effects of Covid. Hope to be right for the Burton game.

Unfortunately I’m still suffering the after effects of Covid from the last time we played Bradford.

1 hour ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

Surely this isn't a priority game for Bradford either. Their form isn't great but they're only 8 points off a playoff place.

I'd like to see Weston, Brown, or Robinson get a chance. Roll on Wembley!

I would imagine both clubs view it pretty much the same. Nowhere near a priority this season but a trophy they’d quite like to win (or at least get a trip to Wembley). So, I would expect both to field fairly strong squads (also taking into account the rules of the competition) but with a smattering of younger players, that are potentially close to breaking into the first team squad, possibly on the bench.

Regarding their form, they have won three out of their last four away games and stand 7th in league 2 for away form season to date. I don’t watch much league two football so I have no idea if any of this is significant.