Derby v Peterborough

B4’s Sister

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

He was hopless. Most overated Derby 'prodige' in ages. Shows how short we are in midfield.

Most over-rated since Morgan Whittaker? Maybe one day he'll be playing against us and he'll do something to change your view.

Disappointing not to get the point. Very fine margins indeed but for me it’s maddening how we give the ball away too easily. Boro didn’t have to create chances as we often gave it to them.  Lack of concentration by one or two players but, 9 gamea unbeaten has put us right in the mix with an excellent chance of making top two. 

John-Jules and Tommo are making claims for regular starts. 

We can and will improve. 

COYR. 

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

This is a pivotal point in our season. How we react to this defeat will be definitive I feel. 

We can still break into the autos if we can put another run together.

Not sure what some people are on with their knee jerk get rid of this or that player.

We can't afford to get rid of anyone.

18 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

TBF they were the better team, so deserved to win and our defending was poor.

But the cowardly ref did them a favour by not giving a blatant red card which would have changed the game.

What was the incident?

Bird .... get rid 

Hourihane  get rid 

Still need a proper striker 

To lightweight in midfield . Need a ball winner . 

How about this as its not a negative post 

Posh as champions , rams in 2nd and pompey in play offs . 

Watch this space . 

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What was the incident?

The peno. 

Either it’s a peno and a red for he player putting his arm up in the air and handling the ball.

Or it’s freeekick to them for a foul on the player that handled it.

Sickener. 

But as others have said, as long as we react accordingly you just have to accept today for what it is. Plus when you play 100mph football 3 times over a small period against 3 good teams it was always going to be hard to sustain.

2 minutes ago, Rampant said:

The criticism of Bird is harsh. The central midfield area needs attention, and was badly outplayed in the first half especially, but Bird should not be the one to be dropped in my opinion. All things being equal I'll like to see Fornah, Bird and Thompson starting as I continue to be underwhelmed by Hourihane.

Agreed, it's not just about one player but we have a central midfield problem, we lack control and it's more evident in games like today against good sides. We need a better ball winner in there. A midfield of Bird and Hourihane doesn't really work for me.

We looked tired today, part due to their possession  , Peterborough look fast and tricky up front. 

If and that’s a massive if , we can get some quality in then we can get top 2 but without that I predict the playoffs 

Think we are where we deserve to be at the moment, shame our good run didn’t get us to the top