Wigan Athletic v Derby County

B4’s Sister

20 minutes ago, Bessie1 said:

About 10,000 home fans yesterday.  Wigan is halfway between Liverpool and Manchester so the lure of the big clubs must make it difficult.  Same applies to many smaller clubs especially in the North West and near to London.

Even the big clubs aint to sure who to support 🙄

image.png.3edadab166613bdc28476f58cbbb075a.png image.png.fc21c5f8678e1e715e2e154d2148d28b.png image.png.049377d1147ef538f2a57ccd7010fa40.png

39 minutes ago, Bessie1 said:

About 10,000 home fans yesterday.  Wigan is halfway between Liverpool and Manchester so the lure of the big clubs must make it difficult.  Same applies to many smaller clubs especially in the North West and near to London.

Don't forget that Wigan is traditionally a rugby town. Also, they don't have a century of football league football in their genes, not getting into the league until around 50 years ago. 

Although, many of our fans have never seen them play, they still get to hear about the likes of Bloomer, Stamps, Duncan, Durban, Hector, Mac, George, Igor, etc. Not to mention the great managers over the years.

Wigan have had one brief spell of success, not enough to last many years.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

No, unlike you I haven't that kind of mind. Derby County are successful and that is great. 

Then why the chippy comment? You seem to actively revel in Warne’s team’s failures, then all but disappear during the successes, save for making the occasional cheap point. We’ve been top of the L1 form table for the last 10 game’s averaging 2.5 points per game. Yes, tricky games ahead which will test our promotion aspirations, but come on!

4 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Then why the chippy comment? You seem to actively revel in Warne’s team’s failures, then all but disappear during the successes, save for making the occasional cheap point. We’ve been top of the L1 form table for the last 10 game’s averaging 2.5 points per game. Yes, tricky games ahead which will test our promotion aspirations, but come on!

That is just your opinion.

I would never dream to think a Derby County fan could be happy losing. Apparently you can, oh well, look to yourself.

Edited by RoyMac5

3 hours ago, Stockport Ram said:

With apologies to Perry Como (ask your Dad) and Michael Buble :

It’s beginning to look a lot like playoffs*

Every time we win

Tom Barkhuisen with the assist

Curtis Nelson he couldn’t miss

We played so well from back to front we really took the p-ss,

(repeat)

There’s Cashin-and-Nelson, Nyambe and Fozzy, Joe Wildsmith in our goal, 

We’ve got Conor-and-Collo-and-Wilson-and-Elder and Louie in the hole, 

We are super Derby and we’re marching up the league,

Its beginning to look a lot like playoffs, 

Passing through the thirds,

Through all the hub-and-bub, just remember it’s our club,

T’was B4’s wise words. 

* -playoffs/autos/7th depending on your mood.

Preferred I love you so 😉

54 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That is just your opinion.

I would never dream to think a Derby County fan could be happy losing. Apparently you can, oh well, look to yourself.

And there it is. The rinse and repeat response. Easier to pull out the classic ‘opinion’’ (opinions are open to change when new evidence is considered), or the ‘it’s you not me’ responses than even consider engaging in a discussion. It’s all a bit schoolyard Roy. But then again, I’m probably beneath your intellect and unworthy (it’s me not you!), so good day to you, Sir!

Edited by DiggerB

1 hour ago, DiggerB said:

And there it is. The rinse and repeat response. Easier to pull out the classic ‘opinion’’ (opinions are open to change when new evidence is considered), or the ‘it’s you not me’ responses than even consider engaging in a discussion. It’s all a bit schoolyard Roy. But then again, I’m probably beneath your intellect and unworthy (it’s me not you!), so good day to you, Sir!

You made the unpleasant first comment and now you get upset when I say 'look to yourself'. Your comments are all about what you believe I think. Again, it's you not me.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

You made the unpleasant first comment and now you get upset when I say 'look to yourself'. Your comments are all about what you believe I think. Again, it's you not me.

Upset? We’ve not met have we Roy 😆? I’m not that brittle, though accept not everyone is as robust. You’re excellent at playing the man and not the ball though, i’ll give you that! Unpleasant….🙄.

11 hours ago, DiggerB said:

Upset? We’ve not met have we Roy 😆? I’m not that brittle, though accept not everyone is as robust. You’re excellent at playing the man and not the ball though, i’ll give you that! Unpleasant….🙄.

I think Roy Mac is entitled to his opinion, just like you are. This season has been very mixed. The results have been ok, very good in the last few games. But the performances, up until recently, not great and many games not good football to watch. We are all Derby fans at the end of the day and I for one can’t imagine any fan wanting the 🐏 to lose. Let’s try and enjoy the ride and see where it takes us through until May 😊

5 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We are all Derby fans at the end of the day and I for one can’t imagine any fan wanting the 🐏 to lose. Let’s try and enjoy the ride and see where it takes us through until May 😊

I don't think that I'd ever want Derby to lose, but I've heard from many fans from different clubs over the years, hoping for their team to lose. The thinking being, that the short term sacrifice would get the manager out and would benefit the club in the long run. This is more understandable when the fixture is a meaningless one and not when we are in our current position. The only way the 'Warne outers' could get their wish now, is for the club to blow any chance of promotion.

I notice that there are rather a lot of people having a go at Roy Mac on this forum. Maybe you find him abrasive, maybe not. In reality he speaks his mind, which last time I checked is still allowed on this forum. Well it makes a change from picking on Paul Warne, or Keogh, or whoever else has got it in the neck. How about we wind our necks in and big up the Rams. And before anyone says it, I have been critical of the Rams during the downtime this season, (and last one as well) because it was entirely self-inflicted, as we are capable of so much more, as we are finding out now that we are playing proper football.

There are enough areas in life where it is no longer possible to speak out against the flow, b ut please not on here. Different views are part of what makes this forum worth being on.

Come On You Rams!

11 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I notice that there are rather a lot of people having a go at Roy Mac on this forum. Maybe you find him abrasive, maybe not. In reality he speaks his mind, which last time I checked is still allowed on this forum. Well it makes a change from picking on Paul Warne, or Keogh, or whoever else has got it in the neck. How about we wind our necks in and big up the Rams. And before anyone says it, I have been critical of the Rams during the downtime this season, (and last one as well) because it was entirely self-inflicted, as we are capable of so much more, as we are finding out now that we are playing proper football.

There are enough areas in life where it is no longer possible to speak out against the flow, b ut please not on here. Different views are part of what makes this forum worth being on.

Come On You Rams!

Roy’s a good lad very capable of dishing it out and happy to take some back , over the long run we will all find times we agree with him or disagree , can’t really see any problem🤷🏻‍♂️

18 minutes ago, Archied said:

Roy’s a good lad very capable of dishing it out and happy to take some back , over the long run we will all find times we agree with him or disagree , can’t really see any problem🤷🏻‍♂️

No problem with Roy, or with differing opinions, its just that does seem to be rather a lot of people happy to throw brick ends at him.