Rebecca Welch

Poynton ram

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

What is the obsession with what Barkhuizen said? Was he well positioned to see the penalty? Had he seen a slow motion replay by time he gave his interview?

Ive watched it back and the player is on his way down before Ward is near him. Not sure there was even any contact. 

That aside she was poor most of the afternoon which was surprising given the way she had performed in the previous 2 times she had officiated at Pride Park.

Hopefully just an off day rather than her believing her own hype.

Every single booking she made was correct. Where she let herself down badly was in allowing the Wycombe players, from minute one, to steal 10-15 yards at virtually every throw-in and then to compound that weakness, after ushering a subbed player to leave the pitch on the nearest side, totally ignored him taking the p*** when he slunked off towards the dugout. 

• 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

Strikes again with another ludicrous last kick penalty at Bristol City.

When will this box ticking madness end ?? 😩

Trying to figure out why her gender is relevant here, that is the box you are referring as being ticked?

You are aware that all other referees are male and have been making bad decisions week in week out since the dawn of the game, yet their gender is never relevant in the aftermath. 

It's those poor decisions which has led to the introduction of VAR, which again has made some terrible decisions even with all this technology by a bunch of men sat in a room together.

I haven't seen what happened yesterday, assuming you are correct and it was a ludicrous decision, it won't be her first nor her last, likewise with every referee in the game.

If your first thought however is to come here and moan about a woman making one bad decision out of how many correct decisions over a 90 minute game of football, does come across as a bit Joey Barton like. 

18 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

It clearly hits his arm, and changes the trajectory of the ball (going out for a corner, instead of across the 6yrd box).
His arm is clearly higher than the rest of his sprawling/sliding body.

I'd add in the defender's defence, that the position of his arm is perfectly natural for the sliding block manoeuvre he is attempting.

I've no idea what the latest rules are with respect to intent/clumsiness/shirt sleeves etc (🙄), but I can see why she gave it. 

"Harsh" maybe, but I wouldn't use the term "ludicrous".

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

It clearly hits his arm, and changes the trajectory of the ball (going out for a corner, instead of across the 6yrd box).
His arm is clearly higher than the rest of his sprawling/sliding body.

I'd add in the defender's defence, that the position of his arm is perfectly natural for the sliding block manoeuvre he is attempting.

I've no idea what the latest rules are with respect to intent/clumsiness/shirt sleeves etc (🙄), but I can see why she gave it. 

"Harsh" maybe, but I wouldn't use the term "ludicrous".

It was ludicrous because she's a woman. Or something.

1 hour ago, Seaside Ram said:

You should have been with me at Belper Town yesterday, 12-15 bookings and 3 sending offs...the referee was a Male/Man 😊

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I still haven’t forgiven Jack Taylor and his lino for disallowing Dave Nish’s goal in the semi final at Hillsborough 🤬

1 hour ago, Ram-Alf said:

image.png.30af781faadee9f6d65d8e3b3cb85cbd.png 💩

Isn't this George Courtney, ref from Spennymoor? Played in a friendly which he reffed - great official, always talking to the players.

1 minute ago, WharfedaleRam said:

Isn't this George Courtney, ref from Spennymoor? Played in a friendly which he reffed - great official, always talking to the players.

Yes , was just making a comment about a Jack T that sprung into my head . Could just as easily have been Roger Gifford at Wembley 🤬

3 minutes ago, WharfedaleRam said:

It is.

I always liked that bit on Match of the day when the referee for the match was named, along with where he was from - Clive Thomas from Treorchy etc. 

The only time I have ever heard the name 'Spennymoor' is in the context of George Courtney.