Derby vs Wycombe Wanderers

B4’s Sister

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

The hoof upfield is because that is what they had been told to do - by-pass midfield and cross into the area to our centre forward his is out on the wing but will be along shortly. 🙄

Yes I'm sure that was the team talk before the game. That's why he didn't change it at all, he told them all to play that way and was happy with the performance 🤨

6 hours ago, sage said:

They are mic'd up. They don't wave flags. They aren't on on an aircraft carrier. 

I would imagine the NML one wasn't given because the defender kicked the ball about 20 yards. 

Warne and Barkhuizen have both said it was a penalty. 

Where are Warne and Barkhuizen in the still photo? Cant see them anywhere?

56 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

No, don't agree with that Dave. I saw players in the last 10mins choosing to hoof out under pressure when with more quality a pass was available. Im sticking to my incompetence view not bashing the manager on this occasion. 

Poor game management cited by both PW and Barks in the RD post-match interview. Needed cool heads and we didn’t have them.

16 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Any of them, we have the second best defensive record in the division.

That doesn't mean they are good in possession? Cashin looks the most comfortable with the ball of the back 3 but that may just be youthful enthusiasm. We aren't set up to keep possession, game management depending on that ain't gonna happen I think.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That doesn't mean they are good in possession? Cashin looks the most comfortable with the ball of the back 3 but that may just be youthful enthusiasm. We aren't set up to keep possession, game management depending on that ain't gonna happen I think.

We won the previous five games and we were winning this one with three seconds to go, nothing to see here.

3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

No, don't agree with that Dave. I saw players in the last 10mins choosing to hoof out under pressure when with more quality a pass was available. Im sticking to my incompetence view not bashing the manager on this occasion. 

Yes absolutely, these players are paid professionals and shouldn't need to be micro managed in every thought process and kick of the ball. We were playing a very average Wycombe side, after all. 

Edited by europia

One of the most disjointed games I've ever seen in the 1st half. As well as the stop/start that suits Wycombe we also failed to find teammates with our passes. 2nd half was better but that wasn't a hard ask.

I wasn't surprised that one of the 3 MFs was subbed at HT as all 3 had been booked. Surprised it was Sibs as, IMO, he was not the worst of the 3.

That neither side had a shot on target in the first half wasn't a surprise considering the woeful performance of both sides.

The cards? NML and Hourihane both lost control of the ball and dived in to try to retrieve it, catching an opponent with their studs. Correct yellow. Bird pulled their player back to prevent him launching an attack. Yellow. Sibley, half hearted "shot" 10 yards over the ball, an age after the whistle. Following the ref's instructions from the start of the season, yellow. Personally I would have had a word and told him a repeat would see a card. She was, however, consistent when Vokes did similar in the 2nd half she carded him as well. Collo and Leahy. That all started when Leahy went down under a nothing challenge from Sibs. Leahy made far too much of it. Collo pulled him to his feet and told him, to basically, man up. That resulted in a handbags spat. Another one where a quiet word might have been sufficient under normal circumstances but, at that point, several players were getting "tasty" and the cards were likely designed to quieten things down.

The penalty given. I wish causality was still in the wording. As the Laws are currently worded, just about any contact whatsoever is deemed sufficient to award a foul. IMO, there was insufficient in Ward's contact to warrant their player going down. As it is, Welch can't be criticised for giving the penalty under the current Law.

The not given penalty. IIRC, 64 minutes, the ball comes in and Cash goes to head home. A Wycombe defender has the front of Cash's shirt in his left hand in attempt to make it hard/impossible to get a good header in and his right arm is round Cash's back, further hampering his attempt to score. Penalty. Pure and simple. Not given. The one big decision she got wrong, IMO.

The penalty shout from NML? The man played the ball. NML's run took him into the path of the slide through. Not a penalty. Another one the ref got right.

The equaliser? It was obvious what Wycombe were going to do. They loaded up their left hand side up top, we had 6 defenders lined up on their right... Wheeler went down, IMO, way too easily and the ref gave the penalty.

On another medium she was slated for her performance by most fans. Three didn't agree, saying she had a good game. Two other refs and yours truly. Her refereeing was much better than the standard of play displayed by either side.

Not a patch on recent DCFC performances. Wycombe came with a plan and it worked as it often does against us. I can't really complain at a draw. In fact, I'd call it a game neither side deserved to win.

Edited by MadAmster

17 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

He would fill that void if we actually used the midfield from the half-way line forwards. But we didn’t yesterday. When we approached the half-way line the ball was sent sharp left or right or into the channels. Just about every time. So all Thommo would do us twist his head one way or the other as it by-passes him yet again.

We played the ball through the middle of the pitch as well as getting the ball out wide. On Saturday getting the ball out to the channels seemed to be the only option.

Edited by DavesaRam
Trying to answer Returning Ram and getting something wrong, ending up talking to myself! Oops!

The crosses are decent..but a waste of time..as the only forward hasn't got the instinct of being in the right place at the right time!

Its always behind him, in front of him, at the wrong height etc etc etc...and thats,when he is in the box!

He also isn't a 'goalscorer'

Big mistake made last summer, should have off loaded Collins..and signed one of; Jordan Rhodes, Alfie May or Chrissy Martin...guarranteed goals!

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

One of the most disjointed games I've ever seen in the 1st half. As well as the stop/start that suits Wycombe we also failed to find teammates with our passes. 2nd half was better but that wasn't a hard ask.

I wasn't surprised that one of the 3 MFs was subbed at HT as all 3 had been booked. Surprised it was Sibs as, IMO, he was not the worst of the 3.

That neither side had a shot on target in the first half wasn't a surprise considering the woeful performance of both sides.

The cards? NML and Hourihane both lost control of the ball and dived in to try to retrieve it, catching an opponent with their studs. Correct yellow. Bird pulled their player back to prevent him launching an attack. Yellow. Sibley, half hearted "shot" 10 yards over the ball, an age after the whistle. Following the ref's instructions from the start of the season, yellow. Personally I would have had a word and told him a repeat would see a card. She was, however, consistent when Vokes did similar in the 2nd half she carded him as well. Collo and Leahy. That all started when Leahy went down under a nothing challenge from Sibs. Leahy made far too much of it. Collo pulled him to his feet and told him, to basically, man up. That resulted in a handbags spat. Another one where a quiet word might have been sufficient under normal circumstances but, at that point, several players were getting "tasty" and the cards were likely designed to quieten things down.

The penalty given. I wish causality was still in the wording. As the Laws are currently worded, just about any contact whatsoever is deemed sufficient to award a foul. IMO, there was insufficient in Ward's contact to warrant their player going down. As it is, Welch can't be criticised for giving the penalty under the current Law.

The not given penalty. IIRC, 64 minutes, the ball comes in and Cash goes to head home. A Wycombe defender has the front of Cash's shirt in his left hand in attempt to make it hard/impossible to get a good header in and his right arm is round Cash's back, further hampering his attempt to score. Penalty. Pure and simple. Not given. The one big decision she got wrong, IMO.

The penalty shout from NML? The man played the ball. NML's run took him into the path of the slide through. Not a penalty. Another one the ref got right.

The equaliser? It was obvious what Wycombe were going to do. They loaded up their left hand side up top, we had 6 defenders lined up on their right... Wheeler went down, IMO, way too easily and the ref gave the penalty.

On another medium she was slated for her performance by most fans. Three didn't agree, saying she had a good game. Two other refs and yours truly. Her refereeing was much better than the standard of play displayed by either side.

Not a patch on recent DCFC performances. Wycombe came with a plan and it worked as it often does against us. I can't really complain at a draw. In fact, I'd call it a game neither side deserved to win.

"Ram In Peace", yes?

Could you go back on the Wycombe forum and tell them about @CBRammette Mum's experience (see above)? I think they should know that four of their finest got owned by an 83 year-old lady.

As an entertainment spectacle it was a bit of a shocker. The official stats quote two shots on target for us and one for them in 90 minutes - a thrill a minute half hour between attempts on target. If we'd held on for all 3 points then probably recollections of that non event of a game would probably be a little less harsh but the background murmur factor was very high for long periods and reflected the lack of skill and entertainment on show.

I'm still baffled at the amount of times that we get the ball at the edge of the area and go out wide with it. We almost never seem to just have a dip. With a team defending deep the keeper can be unsighted or there may be a deflection and at the very least, stinging the keepers hands lifts the crowd but every time we went wide and knocked a cross in it was dealt with pretty comfortably by their fairly large defence.

The goal was out of nothing really and seemed to surprise everyone but the rest was utterly forgettable.