Bristol Rovers - 25 November

B4’s Sister

11 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Aah, the annual collapse. After hope flickers briefly that this season will be different, the January window closes and this seasons version of Tony springett steps out........

Yep...in the calendar. I have to say though that I'm concerned my mood may darken a little......😉

Stupidly I am hopeful that we don’t fall away this season. But you never know - Warne could come up with a “wing it and cross it” form of hoofball, couldn’t he?

35 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Stupidly I am hopeful that we don’t fall away this season. 

It shouldn't happen, quite the opposite.

Injuries to first choice players has been the reason / excuse provided or us not firing on all cylinders so far this season.

These returning players will improve the quality of the team, and without having played the majority of the first 4-5 months of the season won't be suffering the effects of the 'burnout' usually associated with a Warne team, so should be 'fresh and in form' around that time.

20 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Interesting. I suppose Elder or Wilson possibly the obvious options. Nyambe or Sibley are possibilities also. 

We have been playing a back 4 so surely Elder will play if he's fit. I don't particularly like the look of him as a wing back but he's an experienced left back. If he's not fit though I reckon it would be Nyambe at left back and Joe Ward at right back(rather than Wilson who I think will play further forward) 

54 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

It shouldn't happen, quite the opposite.

Injuries to first choice players has been the reason / excuse provided or us not firing on all cylinders so far this season.

These returning players will improve the quality of the team, and without having played the majority of the first 4-5 months of the season won't be suffering the effects of the 'burnout' usually associated with a Warne team, so should be 'fresh and in form' around that time.

May contain sone truth. But as well as injuries, by-passing a potentially talented midfield had a lot to do with it - Cheltenham, Crewe for example.

37 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Does anyone know which is the late turnstile for the North stand please? My lad’s got a late notice hospital appt at 2.15. Hoping it won’t take too long but expecting to miss k.o. Anyone know how long it stays open? TIA

I reckon until halftime but if it's shut, just hammer on the door where the wheelchair access is ( near northwest corner) and someone will let you in. 

51 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Does anyone know which is the late turnstile for the North stand please? My lad’s got a late notice hospital appt at 2.15. Hoping it won’t take too long but expecting to miss k.o. Anyone know how long it stays open? TIA

12 minutes ago, angieram said:

I reckon until halftime but if it's shut, just hammer on the door where the wheelchair access is ( near northwest corner) and someone will let you in. 

There's also a manned(*) wheelchair access(**) door immediately after Greggs, so by the first North Stand turnstiles (23-28?) walking from the club shop.

*I know... it may well be a woman... I appreciate that... and I have absolutely no problem with that... aside from the terms "Womanned" and/or "Personned" sounding utterly horrendous when I say them back in my head!  👀

**No idea... I just copied what @angieram wrote!  👀👀

28 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

So either a back 4 with Nyambe, Cashin, Nelson and Sibley or Smith as the other full back? Or a back 3 of Nyambe, Nelson and Cashin with 2 of Sibley/NML/Barkhuizen as wing backs? 

Warne doesn't want to break up the leagues best midfield combination of Smith, Hourihane and Bird.

Sibley will be LB, unless we for some unknown reason Warne decides to play with wingers backs - then it's any two from Mendez-Laing, Barkhuizen and Sibley.