Derby County Versus Crewe Alexandra - Match Day Thread - ( FA Cup 1st Rd Replay )

S8TY

Here’s the summary of the problem. Clowes hires Warne with experience of getting out of L1. Warne only knows one game. We all know how Rotherham played, little skill but lots of hard runners, aggression, height at both ends lending itself to the numbers game of lots of crosses into the box. Fast forward to Derby where Warne inherits someone’s squad put together at speed, full of journeyman who are the least equipped bunch to play the Rotherham way. But Warne still hasn’t spotted that, and has no idea how to set up this team up to get the best out of it. Clowes would not have spotted this cos he isn’t a football man. He just hoped that history would repeat itself, but totally failed to spot the dilemma just described. Warne doesn’t have enough transfer windows open to build a team that can play the Rotherham and doesn’t appear to have the smarts to play another way.

The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result.

I'm not sure what the definition for doing the 'over and over bit, getting the same result, changing it and getting a far better result and then reverting back to the original method with the original result is. 

20 minutes ago, Andicis said:

But the manager has set out a team that is good enough to beat a league 2 side at home, we've hardly been overloaded with games recently. I think if the 11 put out tonight don't have enough to beat Crewe at home, that's their fault. We can't always blame the manager, sometimes the players have to take ownership of their own performances. 

I agree bud - players have to be accountable but that is the sole reason why he is there. To change it if they don’t carry out the game plan. He didn’t change it. He rarely, if ever, changes the way the game is going. It’s his job. It’s his raisin d’etre

the other element of management is to freshen it up beforehand. 

9 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Weston had scored the previous game, his confidence was high. We had the opportunity to build on that but we didn't. The game tonight was in need of someone to step up and show what they could do. I fear all we have done there is waste the feel good factor for Weston. Poor management. 

Weston looks a good prospect; a team like Peterborough would have had him in playing league games by now...and he would be well on the way to be worth millions.

Warne is too chicken to pick the kids, he prefers proven players like Bradley.

Just now, Andicis said:

The damage was done agreed, but part of the frustration is that we could have provided a youngster with a bit of experience, but we threw on an aging centre half. Just seems a bit backward.

Again I agree. A bizarre and pointless substitution but it doesn't alter the fact that maybe the players are partly to blame.

Just now, Matchday Fred said:

Here’s the summary of the problem. Clowes hires Warne with experience of getting out of L1. Warne only knows one game. We all know how Rotherham played, little skill but lots of hard runners, aggression, height at both ends lending itself to the numbers game of lots of crosses into the box. Fast forward to Derby where Warne inherits someone’s squad put together at speed, full of journeyman who are the least equipped bunch to play the Rotherham way. But Warne still hasn’t spotted that, and has no idea how to set up this team up to get the best out of it. Clowes would not have spotted this cos he isn’t a football man. He just hoped that history would repeat itself, but totally failed to spot the dilemma just described. Warne doesn’t have enough transfer windows open to build a team that can play the Rotherham and doesn’t appear to have the smarts to play another way.

Here’s the problem, we have a good number of players out of contract in the summer, but who trusts Warne with a major squad rebuild at this point? I don’t.

Just now, StaffsRam said:

Here’s the problem, we have a good number of players out of contract in the summer, but who trusts Warne with a major squad rebuild at this point? I don’t.

Just look for who's out of contract at Rotherham in the summer. That's our targets.

Yes I know we only signed two ex Rotherham. Yes I also know we were chasing a lot more.

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result.

I'm not sure what the definition for doing the 'over and over bit, getting the same result, changing it and getting a far better result and then reverting back to the original method with the original result is. 

Warnanity?