Derby County Versus Crewe Alexandra - Match Day Thread - ( FA Cup 1st Rd Replay )

S8TY

Warne put his strongest side out bearing mind the international break to give them a rest. Fair play for that. But they just aren’t good enough, and tellingly not proud enough to give 100 percent every time. If Warne lets them get away with jogging through a game, too many will do it. Conceding 3 at home to a L2 side notwithstanding some geezer sticking in the corner twice from outside the box.

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

Don't understand how one week we can play like we did against Barnsley where it finally looks like we've got a formula that works and then we go and do this. It just kills all the momentum. 

Because Warne has reverted to get it wide and cross it to no-one.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

What? He scores goals. He got 10 minutes on Saturday and hit the bar from maybe two passes to him. What the hell is he meant to do? Hoping for the best? We have a manager who doesn't want to play football through the middle. Get it out wide and cross it.

RD saying Bird frustrated another footballer how will be going soon. No surprise.

I pretty much agree with you, but think we have to look at sibley a bit as well. Has had a lot of chances over last few years now. Very rarely takes them. 

his best run so far has been at left back.

6 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I think the result on Saturday actually suggests he got that one correct. Had he played Weston and we lost, you would be the first one to complain he played a youngster in an important league game.

No I wouldn't.

Weston was crying out for minutes on Saturday. I wouldn't have started him, but at 3 nil it would have made more sense bringing Weston on than Sonny Bradley.

Just now, Rich3478 said:

I pretty much agree with you, but think we have to look at sibley a bit as well. Has had a lot of chances over last few years now. Very rarely takes them. 

his best run so far has been at left back.

Because he was allowed a run of games without being dropped. He's held to higher standards than anyone else in the squad. How many games in a row was NML anonymous for early on? What do Hourihane or Bird need to do to get dropped? Hourihane could literally oversleep, skip the entire match, and he'd still be captain next week.