Derby County Versus Wolverhampton Wanderers U21 - Match Day Thread ( EFL Trophy )

S8TY

15 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Cite the post then. I've seen nothing of the sort tonight and certainly not the post you replied to.

I'm already the s*** for not listening to the Mrs and being too absorbed by this place so I'm not going hunting for you tonight, sorry. 😃

However, if you don't think that there's a toxic vibe on here perpetuated by BOTH sides and it's only the people who don't think Warne is our future who are causing an issue then I don't know what to tell you.

Again I come on here after games like this fully intending to espouse the positives but always end up getting dragged into this s***  - it simply wouldn't happen if I was making the whole thing up.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

20 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Cite the post then. I've seen nothing of the sort tonight and certainly not the post you replied to.

Well, Bris's main contribution was something along the lines of "Worst opponents in 30 years".

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Weston deserves a place on the bench Saturday.

A few of them do, but can't accommodate all.

Weston scored, could have had at least 1 more and did not look fazed. He looks a bit like Liam Thompson but perhaps with more end product.

They may get their chance in the cup replay with a number of first teamers being on international duty.

Derby fans after Collins scores a hattrick: "the opposition was poor, it means nothing."

Also Derby Fans: "The youngsters played amazing in that game, they should start on Saturday!"

If only we could be happy for everyone doing well this game.

Edited by The Running Man

The Wolves U21s were a team of young players still learning their trade, so not getting over excited from beating them. But still came away from the game happy after seeing so many plus points for us. Elder getting a full 90 minutes under his belt. Collins showing he's capable of scoring the goals we need, he just requires our midfield to supply him the chances. Solid performances from Wilson and Robinson, hopefully they'll both be given more minutes in the team. And finally the most pleasing thing from tonight, seeing how well all our youngsters played.

After having our academy ripped apart during administration. The young players we now have at our academy looked much better tonight than those playing for Wolverhampton.

Shame all those so excited by the EFL Trophy, that they travelled to Notts County for the previous Trophy game  couldn't manage to find their way to Pride Park for tonight's Trophy game. They missed seeing all these plus points, along with some well taken goals.

Few random, not joined up thoughts 

Nice to see Vickers out the obviously

Brown looked to be dropping too deep for his strengths, not sure if it was the role he was being asked to do (suited Weston more) or whether it's a learning curve for him. Will still benifit him

Weston looked interesting, he'll be a sub often enough now I reckon 

Confidence for Collo, talk about the level of opposition but that 3rd is beating anyone and the quality of the cross and header for the 2nd would score against league 1 sides, which brings me to... 

Kane Wilson going forward was doing what he and Ward were brought in to do in that RB slot,big part of how PW wanted to play and hasn't been able to. That's interesting because Ryan Nyambe has arguably been our most consistent player this season but plays it differently. If you're going to play Wilson /ward to get those crosses in you have to play Collo... Some interesting selection choices going forward

Minutes for Elder, I was excited by his signing so that's brilliant news

Sonny getting a horrible error out at the right time 

Good to get some more of the U21s playing along side senior lads, even if it's against another U21s 

Win is a win 

5 hours ago, 1of4 said:

The Wolves U21s were a team of young players still learning their trade, so not getting over excited from beating them. But still came away from the game happy after seeing so many plus points for us. Elder getting a full 90 minutes under his belt. Collins showing he's capable of scoring the goals we need, he just requires our midfield to supply him the chances. Solid performances from Wilson and Robinson, hopefully they'll both be given more minutes in the team. And finally the most pleasing thing from tonight, seeing how well all our youngsters played.

After having our academy ripped apart during administration. The young players we now have at our academy looked much better tonight than those playing for Wolverhampton.

Shame all those so excited by the EFL Trophy, that they travelled to Notts County for the previous Trophy game  couldn't manage to find their way to Pride Park for tonight's Trophy game. They missed seeing all these plus points, along with some well taken goals.

Very true about not getting carried away but on the flip side a much ‘stronger’ derby side got smashed by an under 21 side from The same division as Wolves u21s didn’t we last year? 😂

All this about “it was only the under-21s” - remember last season we played Manchester City’s under-21s and they tore us a new one. Just saying!

Maybe Wolves played like they did because that is all we let them play like. Its not as though that hasn’t happened at Pride Park before. Northampton were a high scoring team that hardly conceded, but last week looked like they’d only just been told what that white round thing was for.