Crewe Alexandra versus Derby County - Match Day Thread ( FA Cup 1st Round )

S8TY

Just now, TheTinMan said:

Sorry but that game doesn't end 2-2 if their keeper didnt spill Nats daisy cutter. Their heads and legs went after that. We lose that 2-0 and you can forget your 32 shots which probably had a collective XG of 2 goals

Even the xG was high for those who love that particular stat. We weren’t as clinical as we were on Tuesday night, Crewe deserve credit for their defending, it finished 2-2 and we go again 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

IMG_0789.jpeg

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Wonder what the people that wanted us to have more possession because that will win us games make of this?

Sure they've moved on to the next thing to moan about...his interviews maybe, his hat possibly 

I watched it and yes we were camped in their half. However, it's not just the amount of the ball we have but what we do with it that matters. Watching the Northampton game I wondered if the form and reaction of the fans had finally got Warne to reassess. We looked far more creative and menacing. Today, it was back to switching it to the flanks, putting a ball in and hoping something breaks for us in the box. Couldn't disagree more with angieram either, the second half lacked subtlety, movement, pace, or precision. It was one lump into the box after another and was far too easy to defend against. 

3 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

One tap to open the app. One more tap where it says Crewe v Derby watch live. 

What would you prefer?

5 different devices before i finally got the firestick to work,then 3 or 4 attempts to actually get a picture,the app is as dire as warnes football

The "Paul Warne you football is s**t" club are getting on my t*ts a bit now. 

In that past it has been poor. He (we!) seems to have adapted. The last couple (and arguably some before) have been entertaining possession based creating a lot of chances. They didn't pay off in numbers today like they did against Northampton, Crewe defended (well at times) against a lot of pressure and nicked 2 relatively lucky goals.

Pleased to have another crack at them. I'll be there.

13 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

they need to let us know in good time if its on this useless app,to give us plenty of time to get it working,in this day and age,how can an app be so bad

Yep, Did yours go into adverts with 2mins left...WTF was that about...one advert was telling us to get a Covid injection...silly me I should have programmed it into my Laptop to let them know I had it 2 weeks ago

12 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

they need to let us know in good time if its on this useless app,to give us plenty of time to get it working,in this day and age,how can an app be so bad

To be fair, it's the first time they've exceeded a viewing audience in excess of 19,000,000.

I think you're forgetting just how massive we are!  

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Moan away. The rest of us, including the person that matters most will carry on supporting him.

I support the club, not any one individual within it. I want what is best for the club. I believe that the best thing for DCFC would be finding a more suitable manager.

Clowes disagrees, which is his prerogative, it's his money on the line. I reckon sticking with Warne will cost Clowes a fortune in the long run.

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I watched it and yes we were camped in their half. However, it's not just the amount of the ball we have but what we do with it that matters. Watching the Northampton game I wondered if the form and reaction of the fans had finally got Warne to reassess. We looked far more creative and menacing. Today, it was back to switching it to the flanks, putting a ball in and hoping something breaks for us in the box. Couldn't disagree more with angieram either, the second half lacked subtlety, movement, pace, or precision. It was one lump into the box after another and was far too easy to defend against. 

And maybe people are realising now that our players are not quite as good as they think

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Even the xG was high for those who love that particular stat. We weren’t as clinical as we were on Tuesday night, Crewe deserve credit for their defending, it finished 2-2 and we go again 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

IMG_0789.jpeg

2.96 XG from 32 shots is dreadful 

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Didn’t get a chance to watch or listen to the game…

Can anyone briefly summarise it, with the emotion taken out of it? 

Because the stats suggest we dominated etc but everyone online seems to be fuming. 

We had all of the ball, didn't create anything clear cut prior to the 85th minute really. 

Crewe clinical on the break for their goals.

Our first was an error from their GK and our second was well worked.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Just more bafflement from Warne is the frustration more than the result. 

When things aren’t working, he waits until 70 minutes to do anything. Then seemingly makes subs which don’t attempt to fix the problems there are

The only thing not working today was our ability to put it in the net blaming Warne absolutely baffles me