Crewe Alexandra versus Derby County - Match Day Thread ( FA Cup 1st Round )

S8TY

Sunday 5th November 

Mornflake Stadium  ( Gresty Road ) 14:45 KO

Opponents    Crewe Alexandra - 5th in League 2

Played 16          W 8        D5      L3         GF 35    GA 25       PTS  29

Current Form 

A Harrogate   W  1-0

H Stockport County   L 0-2

A Crawley Town  W   4-2

H  Tranmere Rovers   W 2-0

H Wrexham   L 0-3   (  EFL Trophy )

A Salford City   A    L    2-4

Top Goalscorer - Chris Long - 7 Goals 

So after what I thought was our best performance of the season against Northampton Town we move on to the 1st round of the FA Cup and an away tie at league 2 Crewe Alexandra 

This is no doubt a potential banana skin as Crewe are currently 5th in L2 and also  the current top goalscorers in L2 with 35 Goals, on the flip side of that though they have also conceded 25 goals 

In 8 Home games Crewe have only lost once so could be a tricky opponent and I certainly think Derby cannot take this game for granted as Crewe would see us as big scalp

Saying that if we play like we've seen in patches we should have too much for them and will be interesting to see the line up with maybe Vickers getting a chance and maybe a few other changes.

For me though I'd like to see us go with the same team that played so well especially in the first half against the Cobblers meaning Sonny Bradley deservedly keeping his place meaning Cash will be on the bench 

Expecting a tough game here and our vociferous support will help us get over the line in this one I think and also  believe a strong start and scoring the first goal  will be crucial 

Crewe traditionally try and play football so I hope we also try to do the same and a cup run would be great for us both financially and from a supporters POV

I'm at work Sunday so can't go but wish for a  safe trip to all Rams fans travelling and hope we are in the hat for the second round draw

COYR 

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Same plan as usual in the cups - minutes to those who need them, and resting those who need a break. Something like this:

Vickers

Ward   Cashin   Bradley   Forsyth

Fornah   Smith

Ward   Bird   Sibley

Collins

Subs: Wildsmith, Nyambe, Hourihane, Mendez-Laing, Barkhuizen, Washington, Brown

Ward down the right I take it? :)

"...The prize fund has not increased from last season, but it's still worth a considerable sum of money to Derby if they were to reach the fourth round again.

In prize money alone last season, Derby banked more than £200,000 on top of what they earned from their games being broadcast on TV.

First round proper winners £41,000, Second round proper winners £67,000, Third round proper winners £105,000, Fourth round proper winners £120,000, Fifth round proper winners £225,000, Quarter-final winners £450,000, Semi-final winners £1,000,000, Semi-final losers £500,000, Final runners-up £1,000,000, Final winners £2,000,000

The gate receipts are split equally between each club, but this only changes from the third round proper to the quarter-final and relates to clubs who are outside the Premier League or the EFL.

For instance, if a non-league club were to draw Derby in the third round, then 55 per cent of the gate receipts would go to them and the Rams would pick up the remaining 45 per cent."

Edited by RoyMac5

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Same plan as usual in the cups - minutes to those who need them, and resting those who need a break. Something like this:

Vickers

Ward   Cashin   Bradley   Forsyth

Fornah   Smith

Ward   Bird   Sibley

Collins

Subs: Wildsmith, Nyambe, Hourihane, Mendez-Laing, Barkhuizen, Washington, Brown

Is Nelson injured or suspended then?

3 hours ago, Carnero said:

I'd stick with the same XI for Crewe.

Make 11 changes for Wolves U21.

Back to the winning XI v Barnsley.

I don't think we're allowed to make 11 changes for the EFL trophy matches, are we? 

So we may have to make a few each game?

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't think we're allowed to make 11 changes for the EFL trophy matches, are we? 

So we may have to make a few each game?

EFL regulations state each club must field their ‘Full Available Strength’ in and during all EFL Trophy matches.

'Full Available Strength' means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

EFL regulations state each club must field their ‘Full Available Strength’ in and during all EFL Trophy matches.

'Full Available Strength' means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

And translated that means? 

18 minutes ago, Jram said:

I really hope he plays some of the kids- Brown, Robinson if fit etc 

Mayu want the financial reward though I gues 

After what mad Mel did to us, we do need every penny we can get, so we can get back to where we was as soon as possible.  Love DCFC hate Mad Mel. 

Edited by DerbyAleMan

1 minute ago, Foreveram said:

IMG_0182.png

Thanks! 

I love the one about "subsequently starts the immediately following first team fixture"

So you play someone who you intend to play next match as a qualifying player and he gets injured/sent off, then what do you do? 

Still, would think most of our squad would qualify under those rules somehow. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Thanks! 

I love the one about "subsequently starts the immediately following first team fixture"

So you play someone who you intend to play next match as a qualifying player and he gets injured/sent off, then what do you do? 

Still, would think most of our squad would qualify under those rules somehow. 

Most would qualify under the 40+ first team starts so I reckon keeping the team v Northampton for Crewe & Barnsley, and making 11 changes for Wolves U21 would be the best way to go:

Vickers

Ward, RadcliffeCashin, Elder

Wilson, Robinson, Fornah, Sibley

Collins, Brown