January Reinforcements

sage

10 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

The only thing of note about Haydon Roberts was his chin! I don't understand why people would want to bloat the squad and take up additional wages by bringing him back. 

Chin up man if he signs everyone  raise there glass and say chin chin 

if it was a signing for the female team her name would be Justinda

Edited by Barney1991

7 hours ago, CapeTownRams said:

Although it’s not being spoken about much yet I do believe that our promotion push could be seriously derailed if one of Nelson or Cash gets injured. With Fozzy injured then the only fall-back is Bradley !😳

Now, personally, if I had a choice of Fozzy playing in the centre vs Bradley then it’s Fozzy every time. That ignores the damage, of course, through losing him as our only proper and decent left back. 

Sorry, but the thought of relying on Bradley (our supposed summer transfer window marquee signing) next to Nelson or Cash makes me shudder…

It does sorta highlight how luck (via injuries) plays a massive part in promotion success or not… do we actually have any decent centre back prospects in the 21’s !!???

Nyambe can play there too.

18 hours ago, ram59 said:

I don't think that we had much choice at the time, we were in desperate need of money and the offer was too good to refuse for a player which hadn't yet set the world alight.

because he kept bring played out of position. 

What? A player not reaching his potential because he is played out of position? At Derby County? That never happens, does it? 🙄

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

because he kept bring played out of position. 

What? A player not reaching his potential because he is played out of position? At Derby County? That never happens, does it? 🙄

Sibley has had plenty of chances in what you consider his true position. Saturday for a start. He's consistent in his performances

42 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Sibley has had plenty of chances in what you consider his true position. Saturday for a start. He's consistent in his performances

Yes, he set up one of our few chances, Nels should have scored it.

44 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Is his 'true position' his best position or his preferred position, as I reckon they are not the same.

His preferred position is probably as a free-rein attacking midfielder but I think his best position is in a more sitting role... on the bench, or better still, in the stand!!

The structure of this deal suggests two things:

1) We wont see any signings of other players for fees so forget many of the links we’ve seen with younger promising players.

2) The Knight sale all disappeared to Poznan - we mostly knew this but it’s confirmed by this.

3) We’re still under a restriction of some type even though we all thought we were not.

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

1) We wont see any signings of other players for fees so forget many of the links we’ve seen with younger promising players.

2) The Knight sale all disappeared to Poznan - we mostly knew this but it’s confirmed by this.

3) We’re still under a restriction of some type even though we all thought we were not.

I think that this deal shows that there's always a way round things. If there's a player out there, we can loan him for a large loan fee and then 'buy' him for next to nothing in the summer.

9 minutes ago, rammieib said:

IMG_8424.png

10 minutes ago, rammieib said:

That's not to say other deals structured in a similar way can't be done - initial loan and a commitment to buy come summer. Maybe the CBT transfer was easier to negotiate on this basis because it appears he wanted the move and Charlton didn't want to hang on to an unsettled player.

21 minutes ago, rammieib said:

But we didn't all think that, we all know we are still working under a business plan that had to be ratified by the EFL, so that in itself will impose some restrictions, because they wouldn't just let us spend gung-ho!