John Eustace

Big Trav

Bizarre timing on this article. Maybe they meant to post it last night predicting another defeat. Then we won 4-0 and they had to change it around a bit...

Also did anyone else have a mini heart attack when they saw that @Big Travhad started a thread called "John Eustace" 🤣

Edited by Nuwtfly

36 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Birmingham weren't known as a decent footballing side under him. 

I get the impression Eustace is a proper pragmatist and understands how to get the best out of what he's got, whatever it may be.

Remember Eddie Howe's Burnley team? They played horrible, time wasting anti-football because that's the style that suited their squad at the time.  That's quite clearly not now Howe sets up a team with good players, however.

Edited by Kokosnuss

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Have Football Insider ever reported anything accurately as an exclusive? Genuine question. Websites like that either seem to repost stories from reputable sources, or make things up and hope some of it sticks.

They don’t generally tend to “make things up” as if they get found to be doing this on multiple occasions they lose their Newsnow access and drop down the Google search engine menus. 

These sorts of stories almost always come from somebody’s agent, and it’s THEM that do the making up bit!

13 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

They don’t generally tend to “make things up” as if they get found to be doing this on multiple occasions they lose their Newsnow access and drop down the Google search engine menus. 

These sorts of stories almost always come from somebody’s agent, and it’s THEM that do the making up bit!

I listened to that Twitter ITK Fabrizo on a podcast being interviewed, said he gets his info from players, clubs, agents etc. but it takes a while to build up trust and won't just publish something without checking the story first.

Outlets like Football Insider are a little more open to publishing anything they can get their hands on, this could be Eustace's agent feeding them a line and they have just ran with it.

This is what separates the trash from the decent journalists like your John Percy who I'm sure hears more than he publishes.

What do you value more, money or credibility I guess.

Just now, TomTom92 said:

Maybe we’ve held talks and then Bristol sacked Pearson and trumped us. Then for some bizarre reason they’ve ran with the story anyway? 

Suspect, as has been suggested, that this is Eustace’s agent trying to hurry along Bristol City into making a decision. 

Eustace might have 2/3 job offers on the table and therefore doesn’t want to wait too long on City to make a decision. 

24 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Suspect, as has been suggested, that this is Eustace’s agent trying to hurry along Bristol City into making a decision. 

Eustace might have 2/3 job offers on the table and therefore doesn’t want to wait too long on City to make a decision. 

The most likely scenario to be fair. Although if I was the Bristol City chairman I’m not sure I’d see that story and feel the need to rush in to a decision.

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Birmingham weren't known as a decent footballing side under him. 

Were it not for the fact that he is an ex Derby player, I doubt he would be even being mentioned as a potential replacement for Warne.

I'd wager that a number of the people touting him on here have never watched a single Birmingham game with him in charge.

One good point if he did come here as manager is that, if things were going wrong, the fans could wheel out the affectionate nickname of John Useless, that he was given during his first playing spell with us.