Derby County vs Stevenage (A) Match Thread

Idiakez

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Warne says “We have a soft underbelly”. That’s true Bird , Smith and Hourihane are not going to “mix it “ with anyone . We could do with a Eustace in midfield but we look more likely to get him as manager.

So you don’t set up the team in a way that requires them to mix it to win. You set up so those guys pass the other team to death.

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I’m not even going to say Warne is a bad manager, like most in the game I’m sure he will have good and bad spells wherever he goes, but it’s definitely not working out here. 

He needs to get that Witch off his back image.png.bd937770c578aa288b2fecab90d19588.png

26 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Unfortunately I think Warne’s time is up now.

I don’t think it’s an impossible position to recover. We have plenty of time to find form, claw back points and find ourselves in the top six. We could win both games in hand and be in 6th, for example.

The problem for Warne is the goodwill has gone and it’s the hardest to get back once it’s slipped away and results like today only cement the ill feelings.

The scenes post match v Shrewsbury either tend to be the beginning of the end or to stir up a reaction. To deliver that today against a newly promoted side from League 2, irrespective of form and the momentum they are riding, is surely the nail in the coffin.

I think he has tried his best in challenging circumstances but clearly something is not right and Clowes has to act. We just haven’t clicked.

The trouble is that the new man can’t bring in any players until January, so there’s the danger that things might get worse before they get better.

Just a quick correction as I think you’ve mistyped the bit at the start did you mean to say fortunately?  

Edited by Barney1991

39 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

And unfortunately this is what Warne has said. The money spent on the academy needs to be spent on the first team. 

The guy is running the club into the ground. He hasnt got a clue how to build a club - he only wants to look at first team and that’s it. And when you look at what he’s done to the first team, we’re going to be in this mess for a long time. 

Did anyone else feel that Warne has made a few comments about the club being too big. At the time they were taken as jokes and in the context of cutting away the excess fat. Making us less bloated and more lean. I always got the feeling the size of the club annoyed him, especially when he would lightly moan about DCFC loving meetings, having lots of department heads, too many staff to remember the name of etc. 

Does that point to a deeper feeling that he just wishes we were Rotherham with more money and the fans ambitions of one day having a thriving and big club, back in the Prem are silly and egotistical to him??

Edited by RammingStone66
Spelling

17 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Warne says “We have a soft underbelly”. That’s true Bird , Smith and Hourihane are not going to “mix it “ with anyone . We could do with a Eustace in midfield but we look more likely to get him as manager.

Eustace wasn't that kind of player though, not someone who charged about the pitch winning physical battles.

He knew his role, used his experience to play the game in his head, positioned himself correctly so as to not need to expend too much energy (maybe good coaching by McClaren helped?) and kept it simple when he got the ball by passing it to any of Hughes, Hendrick, Bryson.

Edited by Kokosnuss

45 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

And unfortunately this is what Warne has said. The money spent on the academy needs to be spent on the first team. 

The guy is running the club into the ground. He hasnt got a clue how to build a club - he only wants to look at first team and that’s it. And when you look at what he’s done to the first team, we’re going to be in this mess for a long time. 

If Warne has said that then I think his days will be numbered more so than because of these crap performances. 

Edited by IlsonDerby

I think he has given this club the very best shot he could.

If it's not enough, then fair play. He has done his best.

But he is not a 'clown'. He certainly is not.

I really hate seeing this term leveled at him.

Whatever your opinions of him, please think before you post unkind comments.

Yours, Prissy Miggins