Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It's almost like the calls are being screened and only texts with a certain sentiment are being read out to try and drive the narrative away from the negativity eh?

The calls are always screened; I think generally they do a pretty good job of having a balance. Just felt a bit like criticism of Warne was being reacted to quite differently to the calls to back him. 

25 minutes ago, I Am Sheep said:

Well unfortunately I'm going quiet, very quiet. I've actually already stopped tracking our fixtures and results now. I literally can't be bothered. Warne has a small club mentality and an incapacity to work in a different way to what he knows. We are going and continue to go backwards, anyone who thinks playoffs are a possibility this season should seriously think about supporting the gumps with that level of delusion.

That's all a good post I Am Sheep...I just want to comment on the above..

I like to think I'm a football purist, Someone who enjoys seeing the ball played on the floor, If anyone saw Man City's 2nd against United yesterday will know what I mean...my heroes were Platini, Beckenbauer, Moore, Pele, Gascoigne, Worthington(Frank), Messi, Ronaldo(spit)...et al, Non of todays players get close...imo

There is 30+ games left that's 90+ points, Things can be turned round, I'll start with the players, They are pretty intelligent but being asked to play a certain way or being asked to play out of position and then being verbally abused for it will have been noted...certainly by PW and co, PW and co are the catalyst, If there is no marked improvement tomorrow night and again at Crewe on Sunday...then for me PW and co should hand in their coaching badges and open a burger outlet in Rotherham.

I'm aware that MM monitored this board, I hope that someone at DCFC also does the same now, It's a good template for fans reactions/opinions...I think, I'm not buying into "the meeting was planned ages ago" that's a cop out and a big coincidence 🙄 DC knows there is unrest from supporters, I hope he's concerned, Things will have been said that can not be put into the press, But I'll guess PW left the meeting knowing what has to happen if he didn't already know.

As for those down the A52 and being deluded, I'm sorry you'd have to be a raving lunatic and have the mind of a simpleton to even think of going down there ☺️

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Got to love the number of 'I'm all for stability but...blah blah blah....sack the manager....' posts on this thread.

There's absolutely nothing wrong or inconsistent about being pro-stability whilst believing we need to sack a particular manager to move forward. They're not mutually exclusive concepts.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

29 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

It’s interesting that the callers that are up for keeping Warne can’t actually say what he (Warne) is trying to do. Just that he needs time. 

Just slightly off topic, But after the shenanigans with Sunderland all those years ago when the thieves gave them 6000 tickets the Monday moan in was all about the grief, One caller Jim was/is his name and was always ringing in a right prat...said he witnessed a man with CCCP emblazoned over hit sweat top, And commented that Communists are now in Derby's stands...I pissed me sen 😁    

5 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

Only thing I'd say:

If Warne manages to turn this season around, will those that have called for his head already not feel a bit ashamed? Not the people just being critical, but actively calling for him to be sacked. I'm not best impressed either at the minute, but I'd feel a bit stupid if I jumped to the extreme of vocally calling for the manager to be sacked, and he then did alright... Dunno, it just feels like a 'past the point of no return' thing to me where once you've said it, you can't take it back, and if you're wrong, you don't have much right to celebrate the success?

This isn't me saying I think Warne is the right man for the job or anything, just that there's still time for this season to be successful and I don't think we're too far gone just yet.

It’s about context - right now I think people have the right to want change, if we were to win our next 15 games, performances massively improve (they’d have to) and his messages finally get across to the players to do so,  then I don’t think people should feel ‘ashamed’ but I and many will happily hold our hands up. We all just want success for Derby County one way or another.

But not many managers turn things round from this type of performances and with a chunk of the fanbase this unhappy. Whether it’s justified or not, people will not have much patience while we are in league one, and patience is almost non existent in football anyway. 

He needs a run of wins and signs of what he’s trying to achieve on the pitch to start to change minds. This needs to start tomorrow - but he’s had over a year and two transfer windows, so I’m not holding out much hope and that’s why I’m currently in the it’s time for a change camp because signs of what he’s trying to do should be visible by now.

16 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

There's absolutely nothing wrong or inconsistent about being pro-stability whilst believing we need to sack a particular manager to move forward. They're not mutually exclusive concepts.

So how does stability come from sacking a manager and bringing someone in to play a different style of football 3 months after Warne has signed players to play in the way he wants?

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So how does stability come from sacking a manager and bringing someone in to play a different style of football 3 months after Warne has signed players to play in the way he wants?

Equally, would we be a stable club if fans stop attending pride park in their droves and the players stop playing for the manager?

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

so, when is a manager sacking justified?