Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

10 hours ago, Topram said:

Clowse won’t sack Warne for 2 reasons, 

1 Big big cost to sack him and his team 

2. This was his big first call and letting LR go to replace him with PW looks a disastrous decision and he as a businessman will be to proud to sack him.

If you make a bad business decision, you reverse it.  If he sacks Warne he can pay it over the length of the contract, effectively placing him on Gardening Leave....

Cant blame Clowes.

We're all football fans. We all like to think we know about football, but really we all know absolutely nothing about the innerworkings of a football club. We all really probably dont know that much about the game in general

The man has saved the club & been thrown in at the deep end. Give any of us a bit of money to buy the club & we'd all make mistakes. 

Id like to see the club rebuilt, the academy etc, id like to see a good young team, trying to play football the right way. If someone comes in with the vision, then you dont mind losing if you can see what the long term aim is & it trying to be implemented 

Tues is a must win. Going to be toxic if we lose.

Even a win just buys him time til the next game.

I've never been 'Warne out' but 1 or 2 performances more anywhere near so shocking as yesterday then I'd have to say I was.

I can't say I'd be heartbroken if he left because yesterday we looked totally clueless and I couldn't see what the plan was....even hoofball would have been an improvement, we just looked totally amateurish.

Hourihane, Cashin, Forsyth Washington, Sibley all below par and we had players like Smith and Fornah out because they were poor last time.

Warne looked pretty clueless at the end too. No real explanation of what he was thinking with his selection and tactics, or where we would improve next time.

I've been arguing with the majority that the football hasn't been that bad and it isn't hoofball - but yesterday was worse!! 

Needs a massive improvement and he is now in last chance saloon for me.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Warne could go down the local boxing club and see if there's any down there fancy a new career. 😄

Well, it looks like the only way to play and do well in this division is by fighting. Being able to play a bit is not good enough.

26 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

As I say, it’s easy to say with hindsight but not many can have reasonably foreseen the appointment of someone considered a bit of a league one promotion expert as an horrendous error at the time. The bookies certainly didn’t seem the think so and, whilst I can’t be bothered to go back through the forum, I suspect there weren’t many of us who thought so at the time. Some may have had doubts, some may have been concerned about his style of football and his ability to keep us in the championship but I doubt many considered it an “horrendous” error. Even now, if DC’s expectation and budgeting were based on us getting promoted within three years (none of us really know), he may be disappointed but not yet considering it an error to have appointed PW. I just hope PW and DC talk about and can see how we’re going to improve because I don’t think many of us fans can at the moment.

Regarding making DC pay, you phrased it as you wanted him to be punished (as I read it). I’m not saying PW shouldn’t be sacked but, if he is, we can’t expect DC to keep dipping into his own pocked and I would expect some of the compensation would have to come out of the clubs reserves and future transfer budget (assuming we have built some up).

A thread was created just a few days before Warne was appointed, asking a simple question: If not Rosenior, then who would you hire? There were very few people with genuine alternatives to Rosenior. Not a single person suggested Warne.

Even on the day of Warne's appointment, there were 85 people with enough foresight to know Warne wouldn't be good enough

Screenshot_20231029_082604_Chrome.jpg.665090a0e3ce8b26b6b4491d9f8881c2.jpg

Some good points were also made in this thread, just 1 month into this job.

36 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A thread was created just a few days before Warne was appointed, asking a simple question: If not Rosenior, then who would you hire? There were very few people with genuine alternatives to Rosenior. Not a single person suggested Warne.

Even on the day of Warne's appointment, there were 85 people with enough foresight to know Warne wouldn't be good enough

Screenshot_20231029_082604_Chrome.jpg.665090a0e3ce8b26b6b4491d9f8881c2.jpg

Some good points were also made in this thread, just 1 month into this job.

I didn’t say nobody objected. Also, regarding the poll, do you know why 85 people voted for LR? Do you know that it was because they had the foresight to see PW wasn’t good enough or maybe it was because some just thought LR deserved longer. Maybe others thought (at the time) that both might be capable but they preferred LR. Can you justify your assumption?

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I didn’t say nobody objected. Also, regarding the poll, do you know why 85 people voted for LR? Do you know that it was because they had the foresight to see PW wasn’t good enough or maybe it was because some just thought LR deserved longer. Maybe others thought (at the time) that both might be capable but they preferred LR. Can you justify your assumption?

Bit of both for me 👍

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

Might not be a bad thing. 

From a quick glance there’s about 11 players out of contract anyway, so whoever the manager is will have another rebuild ahead.

some of the players out of contract 

wildsmith 

thompson 
NML

hourihane 

Barkhuizen 

collins 

waghorn 

sibley 

bird 

cashin 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Warne could go down the local boxing club and see if there's any down there fancy a new career. 😄

18 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Bit of both for me 👍

I can’t remember how I voted (if I even did).

If I voted for LR it was probably because I thought he deserved longer not because I didn’t think PW was capable (why would I when he’d gained promotion at his last three attempts?)

If I voted for PW is was probably because I wasn’t enjoying the football that much and, naively, thought PW would get us promotion because of his record. Not because I didn’t think LR was capable.

He clearly now has this period of 3 games Northampton (H) Crewe (A) and Barnsley (H) before the next international break to save his job. I'm leaving out the Pizza cup game since it's a total dead rubber. I don't think it's unreasonable now to say that his back is so far up against the wall he has to win all 3 of those since the home form has been so poor. Even drawing to Barnsley doesn't quite cut the mustard. Losing in the cup to Crewe is also a no go because cup money is much needed revenue especially if we get a big gun in the next round or two. 

It's going to look very very ugly if were 0-0 or god forbid losing at half time on Tue.

1 minute ago, eddielewis said:

He clearly now has this period of 3 games Northampton (H) Crewe (A) and Barnsley (H) before the next international break to save his job. I'm leaving out the Pizza cup game since it's a total dead rubber. I don't think it's unreasonable now to say that his back is so far up against the wall he has to win all 3 of those since the home form has been so poor. Even drawing to Barnsley doesn't quite cut the mustard. Losing in the cup to Crewe is also a no go because cup money is much needed revenue especially if we get a big gun in the next round or two. 

It's going to look very very ugly if were 0-0 or god forbid losing at half time on Tue.

I don’t think it is a matter of if but when now…this toxic atmosphere can’t go on.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I can’t remember how I voted (if I even did).

If I voted for LR it was probably because I thought he deserved longer not because I didn’t think PW was capable (why would I when he’d gained promotion at his last three attempts?)

If I voted for PW is was probably because I wasn’t enjoying the football that much and, naively, thought PW would get us promotion because of his record. Not because I didn’t think LR was capable.

I voted for Liam. I can remember the clear feeling of bewilderment and surprise….and a bit of annoyance when I heard the news while on holiday down in Cornwall 👍

I had no interest in either....warne wasn't even on my radar and roseniors football bored me to death and appeared to be completely ineffectual.

It's a shame that Mac had just gone to Man utd as I really do think that as a long term manager and coach he would still have been the perfect fit.

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I don’t think it is a matter of if but when now…this toxic atmosphere can’t go on.

It’s still an “if” for me rather than a “when”. IF, by some miracle, we have a prolonged purple patch like we did last season, the toxic atmosphere will quickly evaporate (although there will still be some that will be unhappy - as they would be entitled to especially if we were only scraping ugly wins) Sadly though, I don’t feel remotely confident it will happen.

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Tues is a must win. Going to be toxic if we lose.

I've never been 'Warne out' but 1 or 2 performances more anywhere near so shocking as yesterday then I'd have to say I was.

I can't say I'd be heartbroken if he left because yesterday we looked totally clueless and I couldn't see what the plan was....even hoofball would have been an improvement, we just looked totally amateurish.

Hourihane, Cashin, Forsyth Washington, Sibley all below par and we had players like Smith and Fornah out because they were poor last time.

Warne looked pretty clueless at the end too. No real explanation of what he was thinking with his selection and tactics, or where we would improve next time.

I've been arguing with the majority that the football hasn't been that bad and it isn't hoofball - but yesterday was worse!! 

Needs a massive improvement and he is now in last chance saloon for me.

Rather then put a negative slant on the game already what if we win?

And there's a lot of credit to be put in the bank if Warne carries on winning.

You really must stop progressing your own opinions as the status quo for all of the club's supporters. 

But I do respect your opinion which is exactly as it is, not the consensus of the fanbase. 

The same as my opinion is just mine and mine alone. 

12 hours ago, Topram said:

Clowse won’t sack Warne for 2 reasons, 

1 Big big cost to sack him and his team 

2. This was his big first call and letting LR go to replace him with PW looks a disastrous decision and he as a businessman will be to proud to sack him.

To paraphrase Malcolm Tucker, sack him after a week - It looks like Clowes clucked up, sack him after a year - It looks like Warne clucked up. Clowes will not struggle to make a decision for a 'pride' related issue.

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

he is now in last chance saloon for me.

You could well be right, that decision though is DCs.

You should never hope your team lose, as pleased as I was on Tues with the win, I knew we would return to watching the dire crap he's been serving up. 

Apart from the first 15 mins in the second half, that has to be one of the poorest performances under his stewardship yesterday.

Its time he showed some minerals, realise the players do not want him, he clearly struggles to motivate them.  Time he resigned and walked away with a modest pay off rather than 2 1/2 years of his contract.

Edited by RAM1966