Derby v Shrewsbury (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t know why but I have a more positive feeling now that the game will go ahead. Fingers crossed but I’ve probably cursed it now so, incoming announcement.

Me too having looked at the forecast which shows very little rain today.  Just hope the floods on the roads have had chance to subside.

36 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

This was one of the rare away games I was actually planning on attending but I've woken up with horrific flu and the weather forecast looks like something out of a disaster movie.

On top of that my Tesco shopping got cancelled because the driver got himself stuck somewhere so I'm now having to ration bog roll.

I know there are bigger humanitarian issues in the world but today is shaping up to be an absolute rotter.

Sounds, quite literally, sh 1t. Surely you will spend hours battling to get to game, for it to be called off at 2.55.

From Shrewsbury Forum:

'The pitch drains well, only in doubt if we get heavy rain in the morning / mid day. Todays rain wont be an issue, it's looking like less rain tomorrow.'

'Think the pitch will be fine but for those travelling in on Saturday keep an eye on the travel news for flood issues, trains into Shrewsbury from Wolverhampton and Cardiff badly affected by flooding today and some Shrewsbury town centre car parks look likely to be closed on Saturday'

https://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/106397/derby-pre-match

Shrewsbury Town put a couple of messages on X an hour ago. One was just the usual match day release and another was about the entrance to the local park and ride car park. So, I’d be surprised if it’s called off now.

I’ll be setting off quite a bit earlier than previously planned due to the likelyhood of standing water in places that is bound to slow traffic down. Looking at the AA site, it also looks like there is a bit of an issue on one of the roundabouts on the A5 that may cause a delay (having said that, my SatNav that has live traffic updates is still saying just less than an hour from Tamworth).

Drive safely everyone.