Would you cash out now

Archied

Interesting point raised by comrade 86 in another thread ,

would you cash out now for a top 6 spot if offered or would you want to play out the season chasing autos ( obviously top 6 is still poss chasing autos )

personally I would play it out as I fancy us to get top two , top six minimum 

11 minutes ago, Archied said:

would you cash out now for a top 6 spot if offered or would you want to play out the season chasing autos ( obviously top 6 is still poss chasing autos )

Well you could have asked this in the middle of our unbeaten run last year and I’d have said you’d be a fool to settle for play-offs as we had hopes of chasing down Ipswich!

I can’t bear the play-offs so would never take that option anyway.

Given that we are not far behind the play off places despite the current poor form at home, given the quality of the squad, given that players are starting to return from injury, given the poor standard of other teams in the division, then I would hope the minimum would be a play off position.

That's even from now. At the start of the season, I thought we'd be certainties for the automatics. Less sure now, but it's still very possible. Depends on January and further injuries. Keep going.

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Remind me... What was my stake again?  👀

What'd be the point?

It's like "why didn't frodo just ride that fecking eagle all the way mount Doom, throw the sodding thing in from 15,000 feet and back to the shire in time for second breakfast?"

A whole season of feasting on the Roymac5 and milleniumram positive vibes far outweighs getting play offs.

1 hour ago, RodleyRam said:

It's a long old season and highly unlikely that both Pompey and Oxford will sustain their form for the whole campaign. Fix the home form (tactics!) and we have every chance of autos still (despite being distinctly average thus far)

Didn't they say that about Ipswich and Plymouth?

Ok, they never said it about the Wendys, but they tried really hard to buggar it up.

No, I think we're capable of pushing towards the top 2.

Assuming we're embedded in the top 6 by Christmas, unlike last season we should have a transfer budget available for January and we'll be an attractive proposition for players - big crowds, good wages, gunning for promotion. 

A large part of why we missed out on promotion last season was that our small squad tired whereas other teams reinforced.  I'm still quietly confident this will be a good season.

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

What'd be the point?

It's like "why didn't frodo just ride that fecking eagle all the way mount Doom, throw the sodding thing in from 15,000 feet and back to the shire in time for second breakfast?"

A whole season of feasting on the Roymac5 and milleniumram positive vibes far outweighs getting play offs.

Post of the year 😂

29 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Got to agree with you there, this must be the worst Tier 3 for the last 20 years. January window can change direction for some teams , please no more Tony Pritchet’s.

Isn't it also the worst year for the Premier League and for the Championship as well (the second division must be bloody tough this year). Football's in a right mess at the moment.