Signing Of The Season So Far???

Dartmouth Ram

I know we're only 10 games in but I think it's enough to determine what potential gems we've unearthed this season. Here's mine in no particular order:

1. Curtis Nelson - Shaky start but improved game after game and looks rock solid and assured at the back.

2. Ryan Nyambe - Only three games played but unbeaten in all three & looks easily a Championship Player. Can't believe nobody came in for him in the summer. Imperative we get him tied down to a long term contract.

3. Tyrese Fornah - Florist's loss is most definitely our gain. Growing in confidence game after game, technically gifted and also reads the game very well. Could be a mainstay in our midfield for few years.

4. Martyn Waghorn: Got to admit I was somewhat sceptical about his return but 5 goals already this season in less than 10 games proves me wrong. League One is most definitely his level at his age and I'm certain they'll be plenty more goals to come.

The evidence is there for all his critics to see.

Fornah, Nyambe, Nelson...are all physically strong, powerful athletes.  Decent age and experience. They look great.

Bradley is big unit who is growing in confidence again and Washington is a little dynamo who will come good. The wing backs look decent too. 

It's what is particularly annoying about certain posters - that after 2 or 3 games they were slating the new players and the manager, yet they don't like it when someone criticises their ludicrous impatience. 

17 minutes ago, Dartmouth Ram said:

I know we're only 10 games in but I think it's enough to determine what potential gems we've unearthed this season...

Yeah right!  Easy for you to say!

For someone with the attention span of a gnat's left patella, and the footballing nous of a dead seahorse, I'm gonna abstain if that's ok.
Happy to come back at the end of season, and offer my hindsight-tempered opinions, but I ain't foolish enough to fall into this little trap! 

Be off with yer!  👀 

1 hour ago, Dartmouth Ram said:

I know we're only 10 games in but I think it's enough to determine what potential gems we've unearthed this season. Here's mine in no particular order:

1. Curtis Nelson - Shaky start but improved game after game and looks rock solid and assured at the back.

2. Ryan Nyambe - Only three games played but unbeaten in all three & looks easily a Championship Player. Can't believe nobody came in for him in the summer. Imperative we get him tied down to a long term contract.

3. Tyrese Fornah - Florist's loss is most definitely our gain. Growing in confidence game after game, technically gifted and also reads the game very well. Could be a mainstay in our midfield for few years.

4. Martyn Waghorn: Got to admit I was somewhat sceptical about his return but 5 goals already this season in less than 10 games proves me wrong. League One is most definitely his level at his age and I'm certain they'll be plenty more goals to come.

That's a good question, but I think I'd go with Tyrese Fornah.  Some of his defensive work in the midfield seems to have released who is alongside him.  He can drive forward with the ball and pick a pass, plus his work rate is fantastic.

Nelson had that shaky start but looking very solid although helped by Cashin who is getting better and better plus I really like the look of Nyambe. 

We know what Waggy brings so wouldn't say he's been 'unearthed'.  

Many we're desperate to see Sonny Bradley sign, and after those few mistakes he's been written off by many, but I still think he will have a huge part to play.  

Not really sure yet on Washington, Elder and even Ward to a point, who adds to the depth of wide players but TB is marginally better for me, although for some reason I don't think Warne fancies him as a player, as he's bene regularly dropped or hooked.

Good Morning 

Gangway D from the terrace 

1 hour ago, Dartmouth Ram said:

And what encourages me is Joe Ward to come back too. Early days we were purring about him. When he’s back there will be options. 
A nice home win and we’ll start to look a force. 

Edited by jono

2 hours ago, Dartmouth Ram said:

You've sold him a little short there: last night was his sixth goal (Oxford, Fleetwood, Peterborough (3) + Blackpool)

Just nice to have some options to discuss for this thread title ! Fornah looks very composed. A good athlete too who doesn't get bossed. Nelson has been Mr Steady and reads the game really well. Really pleased with him, absolutely what we needed, particularly after a rocky start for Bradley. Nyambe has that slight 'tough as nails' Wisdom vibe but probably with better positional sense. He's not going to tear teams apart on the counter but looks really solid and does a lot of good work.

Tough one , fornah , nyambe and nelson look like being beasts in this division , fornah shines out because he is exactly what we have missed in midfield for a very long time and will be so important,

that said though there’s others that signed and look promising that could come through and outshine those three , those who have been insisting that we had a poor window need to give they’re heads a wobble 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Early days, obviously, but hard to look past Fornah. Something we haven't had in our midfield in essentially forever and he's at an age where he could stay for a while.

Fully agree , he is young , wants to go forward at all times and doesn’t take the easy option.He will get better and his heads NOT for turning.

2 hours ago, Dartmouth Ram said:

Waggy has six goals now. Nelson for me though I think he looks very solid.