Signing Of The Season So Far???

Dartmouth Ram

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Would we have signed Nyambe if Rooney didn't pick up a serious injury? There were very few alternative free agents out there, with Nyambe being the obvious option.

Would we have signed Waghorn if Forsyth wasn't a part time agent? It sounded like he was only being signed as 3rd/4th choice CF too

To Warne's credit, I think reading between the lines that we were in for Nyambe from a fairly early point in the window. He kept making reference to a player who was waiting for a Championship move but hopefully will come. I think that may have been in reference to Nyambe. 

He's going to be a on a very good wage here - he was one of Wigan's highest earners last season in the Championship. He rejected a decent contract from Blackburn the season before to get it. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he's on £10-12k a week here, perhaps why it was negotiated until January as it was a big investment on our part and Nyambe didn't really fancy playing League One. 

It looks like it's working out at present, though. 

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

To Warne's credit, I think reading between the lines that we were in for Nyambe from a fairly early point in the window. He kept making reference to a player who was waiting for a Championship move but hopefully will come. I think that may have been in reference to Nyambe. 

He's going to be a on a very good wage here - he was one of Wigan's highest earners last season in the Championship. He rejected a decent contract from Blackburn the season before to get it. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he's on £10-12k a week here, perhaps why it was negotiated until January as it was a big investment on our part and Nyambe didn't really fancy playing League One. 

It looks like it's working out at present, though. 

I still think that the January date contract is because he will be missing for up to 6 weeks in the Africa Cup

7 hours ago, sage said:

it's interesting that the later signings on the whole have been better, Nyambe, Fornah and Waghorn. I wonder if there was a change in prodecure?

You've left your glasses on top of your head again.......

Easy....the later signings were made whilst Warney was distracted by training the team to run around.....

For me at the moment our srand out new signing is the man mountain Nelson, wins his headers reads the game very well, and has a great partnership with Cashin, but if Nyambe carrys on like he started the last 3 games he could prove that he is the best signing this season, time will tell, but we are looking very strong in defence this season, one area of the team which Warne has deffo improved. I have also been very impressed with Fornha, so strong and Athletic in the middle of the park. And also looking better in every game he plays in. 

Edited by DerbyAleMan

14 hours ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Fornah looks the standout to me, gives us athleticism in midfield and can carry the ball forward well and pick a pass.

Got something of Wanchope about him, the way he brings the ball down with those long legs and backs in to hold off the tackle! Really enjoyed watching his performances building in the last few games.

13 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Doombar and Atlantic Pale Ale have proven to be reasonable replacements for Pedigree tbf.

It would be if the caterers knew how to keep a good barrel of bitter. I am a real ale guy, but each time I’ve tried the pedigree, and now the Doombar I have been disappointed.

Sadly I tend to have to put up with Carling at the stadium.

Edited by DavesaRam

30 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

It would be if the caterers knew how to keep a good barrel of bitter. I am a real ale guy, but each time I’ve tried the pedigree, and now the Doombar I have been disappointed.

A real ale guy wouldn't even be able to say the word Carling, a real ale guy would know that he would be disowned, forced to shave the beard and wear deodorant!

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

They're kegs, and require no different keeping to lagers. I'm guessing your main issue is on the temperature, which is likely colder than you'd like.

Edited by Srg