Embleton needs surgery and has returned to Sunderland

MadAmster

32 minutes ago, David said:

Why would it? 

See the answer above. They may feel he was given too many minutes too early. John Jules got injured after one game. Spingett got injured. 

I'm not suggesting they were handled badly but it may be the perception of other clubs.

The injuries are mounting up but isn’t this just part and parcel of football?

Football is an intense sport, and more and more is demanded of the players these days. Clubs have injury crises at every level, even the very elite clubs with very elite set ups.

I am sure with Warne’s background in fitness and physiotherapy that if he knew a magic formula to stop players from getting injured, he would be using it to his advantage.

The reality is that we took a gamble on TJJ and Embleton where other clubs may have been more reluctant to, given their recent injury records.

This gamble was symptomatic of the difficulties we have had with recruitment and managing the transfer market. A case of high risk but high reward too as they could have added some much needed quality had things been different. TJJ still might.

It’s disappointing but unsurprising that people are suggesting this is down to Warne, yet when McGoldrick was missing for Rosenior, it was just pure bad luck.

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

The injuries are mounting up but isn’t this just part and parcel of football?

Football is an intense sport, and more and more is demanded of the players these days. Clubs have injury crises at every level, even the very elite clubs with very elite set ups.

I am sure with Warne’s background in fitness and physiotherapy that if he knew a magic formula to stop players from getting injured, he would be using it to his advantage.

The reality is that we took a gamble on TJJ and Embleton where other clubs may have been more reluctant to, given their recent injury records.

This gamble was symptomatic of the difficulties we have had with recruitment and managing the transfer market. A case of high risk but high reward too as they could have added some much needed quality had things been different. TJJ still might.

It’s disappointing but unsurprising that people are suggesting this is down to Warne, yet when McGoldrick was missing for Rosenior, it was just pure bad luck.

🤣

Skewer Rosenior into another thread why don't you?

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

t’s disappointing but unsurprising that people are suggesting this is down to Warne, yet when McGoldrick was missing for Rosenior, it was just pure bad luck.

No. Rosenior said he wasn't going to rush Didzy back after injury because he wanted to make sure he stayed fit!

5 hours ago, MadAmster said:

If that's what's in the contract, yes, we will. s*** happens. Unfortunately, it always seems to happen at Derby. Light training session and he tears his quad taking his 4th practice corner... the Derby Way.

I actually think things like "we'll still be paying his wages" shouldn't be public knowledge. I think that only serves to cause upset with fans.

It's refreshing transparency from the club but from a PR perspective that's something I would have kept under the rug. It's what we have to do contractually I'm sure but I'd rather we didn't know

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

5 loan signings with Warne as manager. 3 have picked up significant injuries whilst the other 2 got limited game time.

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Because we seem to take players on loan and send them back broken.

Although our recent recruitment has seen us sign some already broken players.

RD were alluding to similar thoughts in their questioning of Warne in Saturdays post match interview. Hinting at something wrong with how players fitness and conditioning was being managed.