Embleton needs surgery and has returned to Sunderland

MadAmster

16 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

This thread is getting silly. Injuries are part and parcel of football. If you really want to try and prove that Warne is injuring players then have a look at the correlation between the type of injuries and whether an overly-physical training regime could cause them. Embleton getting a freak injury taking a corner does not fit into this category though. Without insight into the training program either, it's just conjecture.

There's plenty of things you can evidence right now if you want to criticise Warne, please focus on these rather than trying to speculate on this. Warne knows we have a thin squad, I'd imagine he's trying to protect them right now, rather than the opposite. Bad luck does exist, it's not always someone's fault...

Won 2 games on the bounce with clean sheets.  Got to think of something 😉.

48 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Which players were these then?  Looking back over the line-ups from those games, Chester obviously had issues that persisted all season, McGoldrick was introduced slowly to keep him fit, and Davies missed a couple of games.  Apart from that we seemed to be pretty much full strength most of the time. And that's with a truncated preseason too.

This season, we've had Wilson, Hourihane, Barkhuizen, Bird, Thomspon, Sibley, Embleton, TJJ, Ward and Rooney miss games through injury...

Pretty sure Anang, Davies, Collins, Chester, McGoldrick and Sibley were out IIRC. Maybe a couple more too. That said, it's not a pissing match in any case, as both managers have had their issues and I sympathise with both as a result, but what evidence is there that Warne damages players any more than any other manager? What of his time at Rotherham? Were players dropping right, left and centre there too?

Warne can be blamed for plenty in a non purely circumstantial fashion, but in my view, blaming him for player injuries is a bit silly. 

Edited by Comrade 86

Simple really.

People aren't actually blaming Warne or his methods for the injuries.

There have been (brief) discussions regarding certain possibilities and potential perceptions, with suitable caveats in place to show that posters aren't saying it's Warne's fault.

As such there's not really any need to debunk the idea that it could be his fault, claim that the thread is 'getting silly' or to act like you can't believe you're having to point out that Roesnior didn't get the same treatment.

Pre-empting criticism before it's even happened makes it seem like any discussion to that point is implying fault.

It makes it feel like one of those topics that's off-limits, even for sensible discussion.

Edited by Kokosnuss

1 hour ago, Comrade 86 said:

Pretty sure Anang, Davies, Collins, Chester, McGoldrick and Sibley were out IIRC. Maybe a couple more too. That said, it's not a pissing match in any case, as both managers have had their issues and I sympathise with both as a result, but what evidence is there that Warne damages players any more than any other manager? What of his time at Rotherham? Were players dropping right, left and centre there too?

Warne can be blamed for plenty in a non purely circumstantial fashion, but in my view, blaming him for player injuries is a bit silly. 

I’ll give you Anang, but Collins and Sibley played in every game for Rosenior.  McGoldrick only missed 3 games too, before being an unused sub in the 4th.  There’s no obvious other players missing games.

We’ve had at least 10 players pick up injuries in what, a dozen games(?), this season. That’s a hell of a lot.  And there’s a lot of similarity in the types of injuries too - a lot of pulled muscles for example.  It might not be a pissing contest, but at the very least it’s a pattern worth being concerned about.

And several Rotherham fans certainly mentioned the amount of soft tissue injuries they picked up, while Warne was manager, when he was appointed here.

31 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I’ll give you Anang, but Collins and Sibley played in every game for Rosenior.  McGoldrick only missed 3 games too, before being an unused sub in the 4th.  There’s no obvious other players missing games.

We’ve had at least 10 players pick up injuries in what, a dozen games(?), this season. That’s a hell of a lot.  And there’s a lot of similarity in the types of injuries too - a lot of pulled muscles for example.  It might not be a pissing contest, but at the very least it’s a pattern worth being concerned about.

And several Rotherham fans certainly mentioned the amount of soft tissue injuries they picked up, while Warne was manager, when he was appointed here.

Fairs Dunc, but I'm not going to butt heads supporting Warne buddy, as I'm not his biggest fan myself. To clarify my thinking, it is my view that some of the criticisms being levelled at him now are increasingly tenuous. This 'he is responsible for our injuries' tops the list for me and IMO diverts attention from areas where it's inarguable that changes really are required.

TBH, Warne's been in the game a while now and I find it hard to believe he'd persist with training methods that are seen to be damaging players. I think you're a sensible bod, but I'd still favour that logic over even balanced balanced forum assumptions. 

2 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Simple really.

There have been (brief) discussions regarding certain possibilities and potential perceptions, with suitable caveats in place to show that posters aren't saying it's Warne's fault.

As such there's not really any need to debunk the idea that it could be his fault, claim that the thread is 'getting silly' or to act like you can't believe you're having to point out that Roesnior didn't get the same treatment.

Pre-empting criticism before it's even happened makes it seem like any discussion to that point is implying fault.

It makes it feel like one of those topics that's off-limits, even for sensible discussion.

33955162.gif

6 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'm still hoping they'll clear the treatment room.....

So is Zelensky but thankfully he's not surrendered yet 😉.

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Pushing human bodies to the absolute limit breaks them sometimes.

It does. Highly tuned racing engines. Same game

i do remember one story about Ryan Giggs .. sometime in his mid 20’s he had recurring hamstring issues. Eventually they realised it was his Ferrari and it’s rather too heavy, long throw clutch pedal. Swapped it for an auto or early days paddle shift and away went the hammy problem. 

5 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Simple really.

It’s called reading between the lines. Now it might not stand up in court “Mi Lud” but the particular cadre that enjoys this sort of discussion doesn’t do so from scientific curiosity. They have a view and are pleased to advance its cause at every opportunity. 

And as to preempting .. yeah right, they didn’t do nuffink of course, nothing to see here move along. 

57 minutes ago, jono said:

It’s called reading between the lines. Now it might not stand up in court “Mi Lud” but the particular cadre that enjoys this sort of discussion doesn’t do so from scientific curiosity. They have a view and are pleased to advance its cause at every opportunity. 

And as to preempting .. yeah right, they didn’t do nuffink of course, nothing to see here move along. 

Ah yes, reading between the lines. 

Also called... making s*** up to to write your own version of what someone meant.

Edited by Kokosnuss

7 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Ah yes, reading between the lines. 

Also called... making s*** up to to write your own version of what someone meant.

So are people saying warne has been unlucky with injuries and we would be doing better without this bad luck ? That’s not what I’m picking up 😂

9 hours ago, jono said:

It does. Highly tuned racing engines. Same game

i do remember one story about Ryan Giggs .. sometime in his mid 20’s he had recurring hamstring issues. Eventually they realised it was his Ferrari and it’s rather too heavy, long throw clutch pedal. Swapped it for an auto or early days paddle shift and away went the hammy problem. 

We've all been there, mate.