Derby v Carlisle (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I heard you like polls  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Here’s Warne’s post match interview with the club. He talks about performances and results in the first 2 mins for those who don’t like to listen to him.

He makes similar comments to what he said on the radio, he wants better performance but ultimately if we win that’s what matters.

As I understand this Warne is saying what everyone on here keeps debating. He talks about not using the ball well enough, he says there were too many unforced errors, he says he wants and believes there will be better performances and that ultimately results matter.

Interestingly he talks about it being a tough week (Vickers related?) and he said in his pre match interview he felt something in training hadn’t been right. 

Vickers related? Missed that, injured or family issue?

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I wrote a summary as I was listening and may have missed the finer detail, so best to check the interview yourself if you want an accurate representation of what was said.

No that's okay I'm sure you interpreted what he said correctly, thanks.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

No that's okay I'm sure you interpreted what he said correctly, thanks.

Ah, but my summary may include my unconscious bias, ya know in favour of a more jolly and happy clapping world. I wouldn’t want you to assume anything as it could well make a donkey out of the pair of us, and I’m sure you wouldn’t want to be making assumptions based on your own bias either. Give it a listen and draw your own conclusions, they may well match the pre-determined ones you seem to have come to. 

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Ah, but my summary may include my unconscious bias, ya know in favour of a more jolly and happy clapping world. I wouldn’t want you to assume anything as it could well make a donkey out of the pair of us, and I’m sure you wouldn’t want to be making assumptions based on your own bias either. Give it a listen and draw your own conclusions, they may well match the pre-determined ones you seem to have come to. 

No thanks.

The phrase do anything to get out of this league may apply in a one off game, but it’s foolish to say in September.

Play crap football in this league (even if it results in promotion) will almost certainly result in relegation from the Championship.

There is a reason why Sheffield Wednesday and Rotherham look so awful up there.

4 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

I'll let you into a secret Roy...we are in League 1 😉

This is my major issue,  this idea we are going to play teams off the park every week.

We bought a manager who has played a certain brand of football and got out of this League 3 times.  Surprise surprise, he seems to favour that brand of football again and today it worked. We got a goal, sat in and hit them on the break. Not luck, it was how he planned it.

It was nowhere near as ugly as its being portrayed.  It was functional and the game was pretty scrappy in general but for League 1, it was what I'd expect. Carlisle created very little 2nd half.

Hopefully with players coming back, confidence improving and understanding getting better, then the passing will click more and we will look a bit less scruffy. Add in a pacey striker and you can see how it could work.

He isn't going anywhere whilst we are in and around the play offs regardless.

I just find the unrelenting criticism tiresome but mostly because again today we were 'ok'...not the worst Derby team in living memory.

36 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Are you here for the five minute argument or the ten minute argument?

Some people want to go on ad infinitum .......you can't win. However WE did ! , 3 points , played badly , still won. At the end of the day, if you can play badly and still pick up the points just wait till you start playing well ?  We have injuries and missing players, can't field a settled team at the minute. Give them a chance . 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Warne on radio derby when asked if he wants the wins to turn into better performances: 

not really if we win the next 20 matches with only 1 shot on target that’d do 

I despair. 

I imagine 1x1-0 win from a penalty, and 19 x further wins all from own goals would prove highly entertaining, if I'm honest!
I'm almost wetting myself just thinking about it!   

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The phrase do anything to get out of this league may apply in a one off game, but it’s foolish to say in September.

Play crap football in this league (even if it results in promotion) will almost certainly result in relegation from the Championship.

There is a reason why Sheffield Wednesday and Rotherham look so awful up there.

You’re conveniently leaving out Ipswich right now, and Sunderland from the season before. Both of which didn’t play attractive football but are excelling in the championship right now 

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Just got in.  Checked the score but not had chance to read a match report or this thread.

I'm gonna assume that, with a 0-2 away win, we were dominant, professional, and stunningly attractive.

#whoneedsdetails.

🐏

Still not had chance of a catch up, but I'd imagine that with today's result, this particular matchday thread is proving to be one of the most amiable for quite some time.  I bet there's been loads of hugging and kissing going on.  And damn right too, I say!

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Phew, I'd hate us to play like that in the Championship. 😉 

I'll be quite honest, We had a re-set last season, We had a re-set this season...and wait for it...there'll be another re-set next season, God knows how many players are out of contract...6-7-8🤷‍♂️trying to get a team together is easy enough I guess...but getting a team together to play attractive entertaining football is a real tough ask. 

1 hour ago, jameso said:

Is a fans forum definitely your thing? Kind of goes with the territory to read things you don't necessarily agree with (and even find  some of them ridiculous). It's a bit like going to the matches, unless you go wearing a very clever pair of ear defenders!

It’s nothing like going to the matches.