Don’t be too dismayed Rosenier ball is still painful

LN747

Without sounding embittered or anything, Stoke looked very uninspired there and the whole game reminded me why I don’t really like championship football. A team/manager treading water with a mismatch side in the form of Alex Neil’s Stoke against a manager who’s going to build a ‘project’ to show that looks good to other clubs but they don’t achieve an awful lot. I didn’t really come out of that thinking how good Hull were, I think Stoke were just uninterested and flat. To be honest it makes me think if Hull are sat 4th then what does it say about that league!

I really like Rosenior, I think when we needed him he stood up many times and helped stabilise a very unsteady club. At the time would have wanted him to stay, but i think he would be more of the same to managers we’d had and left us previously. We wouldn’t be any better off and he’d at the very least be courted for another job elsewhere and we’d be talking about the unnecessary distractions!

How he brought nearly an entirely new squad in and had them playing his style by the start of the season was very impressive. Yes, we sometimes over passed but I’m sure with time he would have sorted that out.

For all he did during administration and helping us get back on our feet I wish we’d have given him the season.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I guess Clowes didn't want a project? Water under the bridge an all, but I still don't get how there seems to have been no consideration to the type of football we'd see under Warne.

That's my take - all he really cared about was immediate (or near immediate) promotion, then worry about the long term once we were in the championship. (Maybe at that point selling the club to a richer, more ambitious owner.) Not necessarily the route I'd have preferred, but fine as far as it goes.

It does all depend on us actually getting promotion, though 

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Without sounding embittered or anything, Stoke looked very uninspired there and the whole game reminded me why I don’t really like championship football. A team/manager treading water with a mismatch side in the form of Alex Neil’s Stoke against a manager who’s going to build a ‘project’ to show that looks good to other clubs but they don’t achieve an awful lot. I didn’t really come out of that thinking how good Hull were, I think Stoke were just uninterested and flat. To be honest it makes me think if Hull are sat 4th then what does it say about that league!

I really like Rosenior, I think when we needed him he stood up many times and helped stabilise a very unsteady club. At the time would have wanted him to stay, but i think he would be more of the same to managers we’d had and left us previously. We wouldn’t be any better off and he’d at the very least be courted for another job elsewhere and we’d be talking about the unnecessary distractions!

You could say that about any good manager or being with an attractive partner,  don't think Warne will be poached by any top clubs any time soon.

24 minutes ago, vonwright said:

That's my take - all he really cared about was immediate (or near immediate) promotion, then worry about the long term once we were in the championship. (Maybe at that point selling the club to a richer, more ambitious owner.) Not necessarily the route I'd have preferred, but fine as far as it goes.

It does all depend on us actually getting promotion, though 

it always felt like we gambled with a long term budget on players with 1 or 2 year deals on big money.

i think you look at the outgoings this season and money reinvested it backs this theory up in my opinion, we had to go up last year

Liam has started well at hull and I personally wish him all the best and hope it continues, though many on here are using this to say we should have kept him and would have him back in the blink of an eye ,,,

now Steve Mac went to Newcastle from us and stunk the place out yet many wanted him back and would have him back now in the blink of an eye , what any manager does at any given time with any other club is no garuantee of success or failure at another club and another time , we may even see that with warne at derby 🤷🏻‍♂️, time will tel

On 24/09/2023 at 17:48, Jubbs said:

Such poor football!!!!

Those 17 passes culminated in giving the ball to a midfielder still 25 yards out from goal who decided to give it a whack. Hardly carved carved Stoke open. 

They’re looking good, im pleased he’s doing well and think he would’ve done well here. But with the backing he’s received in the transfer market he should be getting that team in the playoffs. Anything else is failure 

19 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Those 17 passes culminated in giving the ball to a midfielder still 25 yards out from goal who decided to give it a whack. Hardly carved carved Stoke open. 

They’re looking good, im pleased he’s doing well and think he would’ve done well here. But with the backing he’s received in the transfer market he should be getting that team in the playoffs. Anything else is failure 

Has he spent anymore than the majority of other Championship teams 🤔