Don’t be too dismayed Rosenier ball is still painful

LN747

16 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

There's some strange comments in there - why is there an acceptance from yourself that things won't change any time soon? Things will only stay the same if people persist with their same behaviour. They can change this if they choose to. Like you said it's a personal choice. What is stopping folks from modifying their behaviour apart from themselves?

Have you ever considered that this behaviour might be disenfranchising folks from coming on this forum at all? Which is a terrible statement to have to make. It's nothing to do with personal choice it's how the behaviour of others are driving folks away.

..because that's human nature, or at least the nature of those who regularly post on fan forums like this one, as observed through 20+ years of reading on such sites.

If it's that off-putting to folk then I'd suggest that it's probably unlikely they'll be tempted to post regularly on any forum tbf, the format isn't to everyone's tastes.

If we're talking about the behaviour of ''other posters' driving people away, we must also assess our own behaviour, but that's all I'll say on that matter, because it applies to everyone.

Edited by Kokosnuss

1 minute ago, Kokosnuss said:

..because that's human nature, or at least the nature of those who regularly post on fan forums like this one, as observed through 20+ years of reading on such sites.

If it's that off-putting to folk then I'd suggest that it's probably unlikely they'll be tempted to post regularly on any forum tbf, the format isn't to everyone's tastes.

If we're talking about the behaviour of ''other posters' driving people away, we must also assess our own behaviour, but that's all I'll say on that matter, because it applies to everyone.

The subject matter all of us post has an impact to a greater or lesser degree to other forum members, everyone should be mindful of that.

When one person complains about other folks behaviour then they should consider in fact how their behaviour also impacts others. Myself included. 

None of us have a right to monopolise this forum with their views and when this starts to make other members think about contributing here then they should reflect on this. Whether they will or not is really down to the individual concerned.

Nothing else to say on this matter, am just happy for once that there are a number of varied threads back again now and long may that continue.

Until we lose again 😞

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

I totally concur with your sentiments regards becoming extremely tiresome coming onto the forum and reading multiple duplicate threads basically saying the same thing - it's like folks feel that they need to post the same matter in a variety of formats repeatedly to make their point more valid. It doesn't. 

I would also say that comparatively the abuse given to warne is off the scale compared to those who wernt impressed by Liam ,, for warne it’s ranged from personal insults about the guys personality , to how he speaks , how he treats footballers , how no one wants to play for him then totally rubbishing his very decent achievements as a manager at this level , liam came in for nothing like the vitriol spewed in warnes direction , maybe that says something about some people 🤷🏻‍♂️

Derby hiring Paul Warne is the equivalent of say Leicester City hiring Neil Warnock.

If Warne gets us promoted, the first thing Clowes should do is be ruthless enough to relieve him of his duties and bring in a manager who will progress us in the Championship.

Warne can play a big role in our recovery.

But given how poor League One is this season, it will be extremely worrying if Warne can’t get us promoted this time around.

On the question of people being driven away from the forum, as someone who has read and been on the forum for close to 15 years, its rarely been any different from my experience. People have points of view; some get more passionate than others (I admit I am one of the more passionate ones), and others are more restrained. Important or seemingly important matters for the club, provide an intensity to the conversation which is to be expected. I don't see anything wrong with that as long as people don't start name calling or getting overly personal. 

14 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

(I admit I am one of the more passionate ones), and others are more restrained. Important or seemingly important matters for the club, provide an intensity to the conversation which is to be expected. I don't see anything wrong with that as long as people don't start name calling or getting overly personal. 

Yes totally agreed, but regrettably this is the position where matters have spilled over into with some forum members.