Derby v Portsmouth Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

3 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Shrewsbury (D), Fleetwood (L), Ipswich (L), MK Dons (D), Burton (W), Portsmouth (L), Wigan (L), Blackpool (L), Oxford (L), Fleetwood (W), Portsmouth (D).

One's a cup game, which leaves 9 points from 10 games. At home, in the third tier.

Worth noting Fleetwood and Burton look strong relegation contenders this season 

Forsyth, nelson, wags (for trying) and wildsmith only ones to come out with any credit that game.

Rest are just so poor.

But I'm starting to blame the manager for most of that. He

He had his chance to bring in exciting technical, althletic players and then buys players like elder which don't fit the system he wants to play bizarre 

20 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Don't even have the energy to give my opinion. Fed up.

same tbh but I'll try 

Not actually unhappy with a point

Could see why they're undefeated, let us play impotently for a bit, took control... for an hour... 

Nearly the perfect away performance. Really surprised me that they played for a draw last 20 when they had such control but that's in them and they were punished.

Thought we'd see it through from there on, can't really have a go at us for not sitting back after I've pointed out we only scored because they did that themselves, so don't have any specific complaints about that aspect... but the match as a whole was just drab, they didn't provide much entertainment themselves, and we provided less.

14 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Just watching that game in isolation, I think there are some massive over reactions.

Tight game against decent opposition. 

We actually created some decent opportunities to get at them, but our final ball/touch were really frustrating. Lots of simple passes going astray and sloppyness at times too. A bit route one at time but the quality of ball was the issue as much as the tactic itself.

Finally got a head of steam up and got the goal.

Only then do I feel as annoyed as others seem to be. Really poor game management and we were lucky not to concede from a simple header. Looked weak from crosses all game and still then just stood off and kept letting them have the ball out wide and not closing down.

Stole defeat from the clutches of victory.

Forsyth MoTM for me. Sibley looked decent when he came on. Washington really frustrating. 

Is that you Warne? 

19 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Just watching that game in isolation, I think there are some massive over reactions.

We actually created some decent opportunities to get at them, but our final ball/touch were really frustrating. Lots of simple passes going astray and sloppyness at times too. A bit route one at time but the quality of ball was the issue as much as the tactic itself.

Only then do I feel as annoyed as others seem to be. Really poor game management and we were lucky not to concede from a simple header. Looked weak from crosses all game and still then just stood off and kept letting them have the ball out wide and not closing down.

Forsyth MoTM for me. Sibley looked decent when he came on. Washington really frustrating. 

What is coming from these opportunities though? We had 1 shot on target. Utterly miserable for a home performance especially in league 1. 

We had around 10 minutes in total across the match of decent play. The rest was typical of what I’ve come to expect watching his derby county and that isn’t a compliment. 

7 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

same tbh but I'll try 

Not actually unhappy with a point

Could see why they're undefeated, let us play impotently for a bit, took control... for an hour... 

Nearly the perfect away performance. Really surprised me that they played for a draw last 20 when they had such control but that's in them and they were punished.

Thought we'd see it through from there on, can't really have a go at us for not sitting back after I've pointed out we only scored because they did that themselves, so don't have any specific complaints about that aspect... but the match as a whole was just drab, they didn't provide much entertainment themselves, and we provided less.

Did he forget we were at home?

8 minutes ago, alram said:

It's just draining isn't it, Clowes needs to act before this season fades into nothing. He didn't hestitate to get rid of Roseiner. Why Warne? It was a clear mistake getting him.

With 3 yrs on their contracts it's probably a million quid pay off.  We'll have to wait till next year unless we stick them on gardening leave and force the issue by continuing to pay them on a monthly basis and bring in someone else. 

The most turgid, insipid dross I've watched in 40 years bar the last 10 games of 07/08 where they clearly couldn't give a s***.

The amount of injuries we're now getting is insane as well.  What the hell are they doing in training, assault courses

22 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Do you think having one shot on target in around 97 minutes of football in a home game is satisfactory 🤔

Well…I thought we were alright for the 7th game of the season? Thought the defensive players were robust and our best players. It’s much like, once you give players time together on the pitch then they form an understanding with those around them? Bradley slaters take note, these things take time. 

We were a bit disjointed in midfield and attacking but thought Smith had his best game in a while and Embleton looked pretty good.

We over rely on NML and when he’s not in the mood then…it falls apart. Barks and Sibley brought something a bit different, feel Sibley especially will be crucial in the coming weeks.

Heres a thing, right now could you name a cohesive 11 who actually look 100% fit and match fit? Think we are picking up a few frustrating injuries after a proper pre season but maybe once we battle through the next couple of weeks we might see ourselves at something like a match sharp matchday squad and can see us going on a run then.

Thought today overall gave us something to build on, mostly strong defensively aside their goal and that shot by the defender and thought we were trying to attack the right way. I’m more postive after today than I was coming out of games before the international break.

Frankly think some of you need to give your head a bit of a wobble.

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

With 3 yrs on their contracts it's probably a million quid pay off.  We'll have to wait till next year unless we stick them on gardening leave and force the issue by continuing to pay them on a monthly basis and bring in someone else. 

The most turgid, insipid dross I've watched in 40 years bar the last 10 games of 07/08 where they clearly couldn't give a s***.

The amount of injuries we're now getting is insane as well.  What the hell are they doing in training, assault courses

there will be a break clause, there is in most contracts unless clowes didnt dot the t's and cross the i's.

it will cost us to sack him but its highly doubtful it will be the full contract likely 1 year notice or something, that of course is just guess work but that is the industry standard

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

and at least in 07/08 we were getting torn apart by quality opposition, the teams we are playing in this league are genuinely terrible. 

this is the weakest league one for years thats the most concerning thing.

Edited by alram