Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

5 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Hope we managed to get this one over the line. This lad and NML on each wing would be destructive. 

Reach into those pockets, Mr Clowes.

I’m just imaging the negotiations under the old regime…

first bid by manager: £250k (rejected)

second bid by manager: £300k (rejected)

third bid by chairman: £1.8million (accepted, and door locked)

37 minutes ago, ryanjohno94 said:

To clarify, I meant a maximum of 500k - as you say, we don’t want to be overpaying for players. But we do have to be prepared to pay the going rate, or we’ll end up with no one like last January. But if we can get him for less then all the better!

1 minute ago, Stive Pesley said:

Could the problem be that the Charlton finance director is a massive Peterborough United fan (Ed Warrick) - wouldn't want us to get an advantage...

That would be very unprofessional of him. I’m not saying it wouldn’t be the case but very unlikely. 

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Would be great if we could get him in this week. Like someone said earlier, him and Mendez-Laing on the wings would be great.

I think it’s an exciting prospect to have some options.

We could start with NML and Wilson or NML and CBT or even Wilson and CBT.

Being able to rely on more than one player to carry the attack could be crucial during the run in.

From the article;

Charlton Athletic have turned down a bid from Derby County for winger Corey Blackett-Taylor.

Our paper revealed that the Rams made an approach for the former Aston Villa player earlier in the window.

Addicks head coach Michael Appleton has confirmed that the South Londoners have rebuffed a bid for Blackett-Taylor, 26, from their fellow League One side.

The attacker missed today’s 2-1 home loss against Peterborough United with a “leg injury.”

When asked if it will be a challenge to keep hold of Blackett-Taylor over the next few days, Appleton said: “I know there’s been a bid rejected. Until a bid gets accepted, he’ll remain our player and be available if he’s fit.

“[Derby County] might have pulling power but unless they come up with a figure that is comfortable for the board and the football club to agree with then it doesn’t matter how much pulling power they’ve got.

“I’m not too sure in terms of how bad [the injury] was,” added the Addicks head coach when asked for details.

“He’s just got an injury to his leg yesterday in training that meant he wasn’t available for the squad.”

Blackett-Taylor has scored eight times in League One this campaign, providing a further six assists.

Is it just me that finds it crazy we will offer £300k when he will be free in the summer?

I can only assume we have a fee for Cashin or something already arranged for us to be throwing that money around on someone with 6 months left.

If we have sold anyone then it makes sense that it isn’t announced until we’ve done our business so asking prices don’t go up.

8 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

£250k rejected. 

£300k rejected.

Folks on here talking about £500k?

I hope you fancy buying my house one day.

I’ll make you an offer if it increases our chances of promotion. Have you got an inside bathroom?

8 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Is it just me that finds it crazy we will offer £300k when he will be free in the summer?

I can only assume we have a fee for Cashin or something already arranged for us to be throwing that money around on someone with 6 months left.

If we have sold anyone then it makes sense that it isn’t announced until we’ve done our business so asking prices don’t go up.

Depends how much the club value promotion to the Championship and how much Paul Warne believes he will help us get there.