Match Thread: vs Bolton (A)

Rampant

I’ll let others comment on and analyse the tactics, performance etc, but FFS we HAVE to get out of this league. The standard of officiating is driving me absolutely bananas. Thought it was bad in the Champ but L1 is proper, and absolute amateur hour. Like when you’d go and watch your kids play junior football and the ref didn’t turn up so someone’s dad stepped in. Every. f******. Week.

Can only imagine the sh*t show that must be L2….

Edited by StaffsRam

24 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

A reply which literally highlights my point - you say Peterborough taught us a 25 min footballing lesson but our 20 minutes were freak? The build up? The crossing? The finishing? All freak? The defending and game control for the period after half time? It's the biggest load of biased crap I've read all day, purely because you (and others) refrain from giving the slightest bit of praise to a manager you're all set on leaving. 

I'm all for calling a spade a spade - today was one of those. Not good enough, despite the circumstances. We're just miles apart on opinion of how last week went - a great victory and a performance that is no where near as bad as some of you are making out. 

posh/the trotters ?     two imposters 

2 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Like when you’d go and watch your kids play junior football and the ref didn’t turn up so someone’s dad stepped in

Funnily enough - was talking to some Posh fans last week and they said once when they played Rotherham in the Warne era - one of the ref's didn't turn up and they asked over the tannoy if there were any qualified refs in the crowd (apparently Warne went mental at the idea of a Posh fan being 4th official 😂)

1 minute ago, StaffsRam said:

I’ll let others comment on the analysis of tactics, performance etc, but FFS we HAVE to get out of this league. The standard of officiating is driving me absolutely bananas. Thought it was bad in the Champ but L1 is proper, and absolute amateur hour. Like when you’d go and watch your kids play junior football and the ref didn’t turn up so someone’s dad stepped in. Every. f******. Week.

Can only imagine the sh*t show that must be L2….

The refs are bad but they aren’t losing us the games. 

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

How many games this season do you think we have played well in?

Well?

60 mins Wigan, 45 mins Burton, 60 mins Peterborough. 

OK vs Fleetwood. 

Poor vs Oxford, poor today. Teams play poorly though, would have happily snatched a draw today and been content with the days work with a two week break now up. Not to be. 

29 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Another game where dcfc hit the self destruct button. Smith doesn’t have to dive in to give a penalty away.

Forsyth misses a simple clearance missing the ball altogether leads to Wildsmith coming out the box blocking it with a chest, then ref who had a good game in the 1st half, talks to his EFL assistant and they decide to red card Wildsmith. No Bolton players are even appealing for anything.

Then we score an own goal with Vickers strolling in goal, so annoying, deserved a point at least.

Bolton CD wipes our player in the box for a penalty and ref tells both players to pack it in. Our lack of luck or lack of control or lack of officials refereeing keeps repeating itself, when we looked to have found form again.

New players look good and when the boy from Sunderland plays he might show Collins how to score, pass, cross etc.

NML carries on frustrating, when he needs to pass to another player sooner, tries to beat his man twice or over plays the ball when he has so much pace to do things quicker and create more chances for the team, by utilising team mates.

I would have taken a draw before the game and I thought we deserved a draw, but EFL probably thought otherwise.

Up The Rams 🐏 

Apart from the ref not having a good game in the first half.

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Well?

60 mins Wigan, 45 mins Burton, 60 mins Peterborough. 

OK vs Fleetwood. 

Poor vs Oxford, poor today. Teams play poorly though, would have happily snatched a draw today and been content with the days work with a two week break now up. Not to be. 

But we didn’t deserve anything out of today did we 🤔

2 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

The refs are bad but they aren’t losing us the games. 

We could start playing like Brazil and these clueless clowns would find a way to f*** us. I agree that we have far bigger problems at the moment but that makes it even worse, FFS footballing gods, give us a chance for Christ’s sake….w**k performances compounded by w**k officiating, it’s like fighting with both hands tied behind our back!

10 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Warne: all that was missing today was some more energy… 

…it wasn’t a bad game. 

Stood shaking my head. Energy? Not being able to knit more than 3 passes together for me but I’m not a football manager.

Why do we have no energy so early in the season? Is he killing them in training with too much running or have they all enjoyed their holidays too much?

Disappointing result but having not seen the game sounds like we did not have the rub of the green in some key decisions. Very early in the season yet to be worried, the club needs stability and patience and our support to get out of this league.

Made the mistake of listening to the second half on Radio Derby. Horrible, just horrible. It takes very little to set Dawes off and having that failure of a manager Brown with him was fatal. Both Mendez and the new guy were getting criticism big time especially from Brown amid a load of generally negative nonsense. To have only 10 men and lose narrowly to a debatable pen and a lucky deflection, it happens! Won’t be listening again for a while!

Top 3 worst performances yet. Let them dictate everything. Never really tested them first half. We were extremely lucky to get a goal against the run of play, but losing Rooney allowed us to bring on old donkey clogs who gifted them with an absolute trademark howler which also resorted in us losing our keeper, making it 10 times harder for us. 

After beating Peterborough last week, I was really looking forward to this fixture, turns out it was wasted excitement because the lads forgot how to play football this weekend, hopefully next game is different.

🙃