Match Thread: (A) Peterborough United

Rampant

23 minutes ago, Rev said:

Thank you. 

He was a great big bear of a man, typical Cockney larger than life and twice as funny, the best sort of uncle a young man could have.

I never realised how much of a hero he was of mine, until today.

I had a godfather like that. They are special. Men you know who have just nailed it as real human beings. I think it comes from an innate unselfishness and the ability to pass on enthusiasm for life. So sorry for your loss, carry his memory with you. 

45 minutes ago, caymanram said:

This was the best pressing we have done all areas on by a long way. Top class. Made all the difference.

I think Fornah will make a great impact but question is who we drop to fit him in. Still not impressed with Hourihane’s overall impact. 

Tommo had an excellent game and after an awful first 10-15 mins the back three really hit it together. Rooney much better when he came closer to his player and Nelson again looked good in central defence. Does bring us back to the Bradley talking point though and whether it was a good signing.  

Anyway- a bizarre game in many ways but a great win which will boost team confidence immensely.

So happy for Waggs. Would like Wash to get a goal.

COYR

Fornah looks like being a good signing but who can he replace?

47 minutes ago, angieram said:

We arrived at the ground Main Stand in 22 degrees, full sunshine and NO refreshments open. Were told they would open at 2.55, an hour later.

I played merry hell with the stewards (who, to be fair  were just following instructions). There was a young lad at the front of the stand feeling faint, but no drinking water available. 

Anyway, I demanded they sorted it out immediately, told them it was illegal and I was reporting it to the papers. 

After about 20 minutes of harassing them they finally opened up. 

A ridiculous state of affairs and the sooner football starts treating away fans as paying customers, we might start behaving like them! 

Ironically someone behind the goal became faint and ill because he had access to too many refreshments. A bit of drinking water might have been a good idea for him also. 

10 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Depends until he is familiar with our game expect he will come on as sub for Hourihane . In time he may take over from Smith or Bird if he leaves. 

11 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Smith. Not that Smith has done anything wrong as such, just Fornah potentially improves the midfield through his mobility and athleticism, which allows Smith to either play rb in place of Rooney (as an option, don’t see a need myself) or to come off the bench and help us see games out. 

36 minutes ago, jono said:

Ok, blowing my own trumpet 

Knew Waggy was a great signing. Absolutely wanted Tommo playing a bigger part this season. Both have been outstanding.

There is still a lot to do for us to develop our identity and gain consistency. One swallow doesn’t make a summer and all that. No one is off the hook or proven to be “genius” but we killed a gremlin today and decisions looked right from a player and manager point of view. 

I remain concerned about what we do vis a vis Nelson, Cash, Fozzy, Sonny. It’s a right old mix. All with skills and flaws in equal measure. With Ward and Wilson injured Warne has a complex recipe to concoct.. not easy but we are at the right end of the table and Waggy’s grin and enthusiasm is worth the ticket money for me. Happy days 

Just score more than we let in. It will be back to Mac days! 

49 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Smith. Or Hourihane, but as captain, I suspect he will still be playing. Doesn’t really matter, we need the mobility and athleticism so badly. 

I was sat right next to dug outs today, never been that bear before. Such an interesting watch was Warne and his team. Barker shouts in the technical area, Hamshaw moans at the 4th, Warne ponders and Warrington organises the subs. 

The best thing apart the win and Waghorn hat trick, Fornah absolutely loves it here. He kept on looking over at the away support in amazement. Then at the end coming off, huge huge grins when his song was being sung. He was absolutely buzzing for it. He's well and truly a Ram. 

7 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

I was sat right next to dug outs today, never been that bear before. Such an interesting watch was Warne and his team. Barker shouts in the technical area, Hamshaw moans at the 4th, Warne ponders and Warrington organises the subs. 

The best thing apart the win and Waghorn hat trick, Fornah absolutely loves it here. He kept on looking over at the away support in amazement. Then at the end coming off, huge huge grins when his song was being sung. He was absolutely buzzing for it. He's well and truly a Ram. 

Yeah, I said that to my lad. He looked like he absolutely loved it today. He was one of the last off the pitch and had a massive smile on his face. Probably helped that he’s already got a song!

23 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Whats his song?