Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

1 hour ago, Rich84 said:

I just hope this hasn't messed up the prep for today's game.

Warne may have made the decision to not include him because of the uncertainty, so I'll be pleasantly surprised if he's in the 11, so long as he himself hadn't been affected too much, which IMO was the reasoning, in combination of the new partners/tactics, that he was so poor, relative to his standards, in 1st couple of games.

Time will tell if it not getting over the line yesterday is a good or bad thing, especially if the report of the 4 month loan back was the compromise due to us needing to replace him if he had of left fully. Personally, I think a fee North of £2.5m and loan to Jan was a good deal.

Prob depends how much caffeine or hot choc he had at Starbucks!

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This surely is the point. Percy was quoting an 'end' amount. So it is more than possible the up front amount was small.

Indeed I imagine the up front amount was less than we'll get compo!

So Percy was just sh*t-stirring and we couldn't come to an agreement because Brighton wouldn't offer enough but were happy to unsettle further Cashin.

Percy is a Forest fan. If Brighton had wanted him badly enough they could have signed him , but didn't. 

9 hours ago, Scott129 said:

There's a number of factors. Number of club appearances, international appearances, how long he's been with us, what sort of contract we've offered, etc.

Other people might be able to provide better estimates based on recent history but I'd guess at about 1-1.5 million. We would get more for Bird, I believe.

Edit: it's decided by an independent panel.

Shouldn't they factor in that we had a bid for £3.5m. Isn't that relevant to the assessment? 

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

A lot of factors, but it’s not exact science. They tried to refine it, which would’ve been interesting with regards to Jason Knight as he was a little bit of a unicorn in terms of high volume of international appearances, club appearances, etc. Not sure how much exactly we would’ve got, but it was likely going to be high based on the letter of the law. 

Cashin doesn’t have volume of appearances or international appearances so in theory should be less, but not sure how this interest comes into it. Assume his contract would be high value too - £1.5-2m per year. I do know that comes into it. 

Transfer offers (not interest) and  nukber of clubs are a factor. Based on past cases, the fee is usually at least as high as the amount offered by the buying club. This reported £3.6m bid will be a key driver if he then moves to Brighton on a free at the end of the season. 

However, I'm now expecting him to move to Brighton in January for the fee agreed with no loan back. We have a few months to find a replacement.

57 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Shouldn't they factor in that we had a bid for £3.5m. Isn't that relevant to the assessment? 

Yes, but it will be the most recent bid(s). And I expect that Brighton won't be offering £3.6m in January. 

I'm also not sure if it's based off of the whole package (clauses, add-ons, etc.), or whether it's just the initial fee.

3 hours ago, Rich84 said:

I just hope this hasn't messed up the prep for today's game.

Warne may have made the decision to not include him because of the uncertainty, so I'll be pleasantly surprised if he's in the 11, so long as he himself hadn't been affected too much, which IMO was the reasoning, in combination of the new partners/tactics, that he was so poor, relative to his standards, in 1st couple of games.

Time will tell if it not getting over the line yesterday is a good or bad thing, especially if the report of the 4 month loan back was the compromise due to us needing to replace him if he had of left fully. Personally, I think a fee North of £2.5m and loan to Jan was a good deal.

Even if he's not in the frame of mind to play, he's a better option than Sonny Bradley.

Probably ok to post this now - I was told in no uncertain terms on Thursday night that Cashin would not be leaving yesterday. This was from someone with connections right at the top of the club. Brighton were unwilling to loan him back, so there was no chance we were accepting any offer this late in the day. All the media reporting that had you lot in a frenzy yesterday was complete b******* - Brighton never agreed a loan back until January.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Probably ok to post this now - I was told in no uncertain terms on Thursday night that Cashin would not be leaving yesterday. This was from someone with connections right at the top of the club. Brighton were unwilling to loan him back, so there was no chance we were accepting any offer this late in the day. All the media reporting that had you lot in a frenzy yesterday was complete b******* - Brighton never agreed a loan back until January.

It would have been even more ok to have posted this on Thursday.

Posting it now is sort of… erm… well… a bit internetish, innit!  🤔

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Ok to post it now it’s confirmed he’s staying you mean

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Transfer offers (not interest) and  nukber of clubs are a factor. Based on past cases, the fee is usually at least as high as the amount offered by the buying club. This reported £3.6m bid will be a key driver if he then moves to Brighton on a free at the end of the season. 

However, I'm now expecting him to move to Brighton in January for the fee agreed with no loan back. We have a few months to find a replacement.

They discussed the Cashin situation on Radio Derby earlier and spoke about him being out of contract at the end of the season, whilst never mentioning the fact that we would still be entitled to a fee/compensation if he leaves at the end of the season... no wonder so many people incorrectly think that we'll lose him for nothing, completely ignoring the fact that he's under 24 🙄