Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

7 minutes ago, jameso said:

So a player who makes 100 Premier League appearances would have brought in a total of £2.5m over 4 years (and an extra 750k if Brighton finish in the top 4)?

Are you deliberately contrasting “Dreamland” with “Nightmare Scenario Transfer Deal Land”?

It’s better than the six-figure fee we’ll likely receive next year when he goes for free.

Cashin is probably the sort of player Rangers will sign and we’ll get zero comp for him.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

It’s better than the six-figure fee we’ll likely receive next year when he goes for free.

Cashin is probably the sort of player Rangers will sign and we’ll get zero comp for him.

He's the wrong "type" for Rangers.

I know what you mean though, he'd pish it in Scotland with either one of the two!

Just now, oodledoodle said:

Difference between wanting to stay, and two clubs not being able to get a deal over the line. There is no evidence at all that Cashin didn't want to move. And he'd have been stupid not to.

He may well have been happy to move, it’s a big opportunity afterall.

However if our manager is as disliked as many say then surely he would have made sure he got the move.

1 minute ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Can people with a ‘B’ at the start of their name not comment on this thread please? 

every time I see it I have a heart attack thinking it’s @Big Trav commenting that Cashin is going.

thanks for your cooperation. 

Might change my name to buttoxram75.

2 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Can people with a ‘B’ at the start of their name not comment on this thread please? 

every time I see it I have a heart attack thinking it’s @Big Trav commenting that Cashin is going.

thanks for your cooperation. 

I’ve been thinking exactly the same all day about the transfer rumour thread!!

It all depends on how the deal was structured, of course, but it’s one hell of a gamble by the club not to take the money on the table. 

The expectation is obviously promotion, otherwise you take the money and deal with the loss of Cashin. It’s not like we would get relegated without him, but he is one of the top defenders in the league - probably between him and Ronnie Edwards in terms of value anyway. 

No idea how Cash feels about the situation, probably not thrilled, wouldn’t be surprised if he’s pulled from the game tomorrow.

Just now, Ramarena said:

He may well have been happy to move, it’s a big opportunity afterall.

However if our manager is as disliked as many say then surely he would have made sure he got the move.

How? Does he set the budget for Brighton? Does he decide his own value to us? Does he just text Warne and say "I don't like you, I've gone to Brighton, bye"?

Do you have any idea how football works?

He might have a great relationship with Warne. But I don't believe for a second that's enough to stop him wanting to train with Ansu Fati every day instead of Bradley.

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It all depends on how the deal was structured, of course, but it’s one hell of a gamble by the club not to take the money on the table. 

The expectation is obviously promotion, otherwise you take the money and deal with the loss of Cashin. It’s not like we would get relegated without him, but he is one of the top defenders in the league - probably between him and Ronnie Edwards in terms of value anyway. 

No idea how Cash feels about the situation, probably not thrilled, wouldn’t be surprised if he’s pulled from the game tomorrow.

I guessing Cashin didn’t put any pressure on, as if he did he would have gone. We would have just had to have taken the best offer as it’s no good having a player who doesn’t want to be here. 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Tbf to Cashin. all this will be out of his control. Yes, he'll have a say but in reality, if Derby had accepted a bid he'd have gone. that's  professional football. Likewise, the move hasn't happened for whatever reason so he's got to stay.

Now he needs to show he is a professional footballer by doing his very best for Derby. He's young and knows he'll get other chances if he performs well for us.

Fully expecting him to show his mettle and be our POTS and help us to promotion.

19 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Difference between wanting to stay, and two clubs not being able to get a deal over the line. There is no evidence at all that Cashin didn't want to move. And he'd have been stupid not to.

Unless we could’ve lined up replacements and some, we would have been stupid to accept.

Our priorities should be promotion, the funds would be great but if we hadn’t got all our ducks in row, I’m pretty glad he’s staying, as he will help our cause.

Edited by Zag zig